Your Not Ride Today.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
One is not impressed:angry::sad::sad:
This one is not impressed either, on your behalf. Poo.

I was going to ride round to Mum and Dad's today but as I had fixed Dad's rollator (yay!) I had to take it round in the car. I can imagine fixing it to the back of the bike and letting it trundle along behind but I'd be afraid that all my good work would be undone by the potholes. Dad got pleasantly fixated on expressing his gratitude and going on about what wonderful children he has (dementia can have good moments!).

I took them on a drive down to Folkestone and gave them a nice lunch. My reward was a quick dip in the sea - a bit rough and very deep just off a steeply-shelving pebble beach at high tide (Sandgate) but very refreshing.

This really is not cricket:angry:
Oxford consultant rang yesterday and said I need to have blood test to make sure my kidneys weren't being damaged. Since I can't walk more than 10 shuffles that meant the district nurse dropping by today, which she duly did, and my wife took the blood samples to the lab:rolleyes::ohmy:
On the plus side, my kidneys are flushing the poison through nicely, but the muscle breakdown rate is much higher than I was expecting, given it started maybe 7 - 10 days ago. Which explains why it still hurts rather a lot. Enough to disturb me no less than 3 times whilst trying to munch through a nice curry tonight.
One is not impressed:angry::sad::sad:
hope you get youtself sorted out

seems no ride to day... my OH does not like riding in the :rain: and has decided we are not cycling over to my parents' party in the :rain:... sadly that means I actually have to remember what a car is for and how to drive one. :sad: I have tried calling him a wimp but it has not made any difference. He hates cycling in the :rain: and is not doing so today.... :wacko: On the bright side of things, I will at least have dry socks for the party this afternoon! (unlike yesterday where I spent the entire day in my mother's slippers and had to endure the torture that is wet socks, wet lycra, wet shoes, wet gloves, wet sports bra and finally a wet helmet.... yuck

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
What am I doing. It's 3am and I haven't slept a wink:angry:
New Fentanyl patch went on yesterday lunchtime, and I never sleep the first night after that. Bizarre, but very annoying. More so since I can't get down the stairs because of these stupid legs, so I have to lay in bed. Makes a change, not.
I have been bedbound now since Saturday last week, 8 days, and based on the pain when I stand up it's going to be a bit longer. I wonder if the downstairs of the house has changed? Maybe SWMBO has fitted the new kitchen? Or installed the porch lights? Oh, I wonder what excitement awaits:wacko:
I think I'll go and find some nice new tyres

Ganymede

Veteran
What am I doing. It's 3am and I haven't slept a wink:angry:
New Fentanyl patch went on yesterday lunchtime, and I never sleep the first night after that. Bizarre, but very annoying. More so since I can't get down the stairs because of these stupid legs, so I have to lay in bed. Makes a change, not.
I have been bedbound now since Saturday last week, 8 days, and based on the pain when I stand up it's going to be a bit longer. I wonder if the downstairs of the house has changed? Maybe SWMBO has fitted the new kitchen? Or installed the porch lights? Oh, I wonder what excitement awaits:wacko:
I think I'll go and find some nice new tyres
Gee, I thought Fentanyl was an opiate? Am I dreadfully wrong? I know it's supposed to be several times stronger than morphine. How odd. Sorry to hear of your insomnia, it's the pits.

I actually did get a ride out yesterday, but not till late. I've got a houseguest who is cramping my style a bit, but mostly it's just me not getting my act together. I did fettle my brakes and gears yesterday, which gave me a minor sense of achievement! House guest wants a go on my semi-recumbent today so I suppose we'll have a bit of fun before he expects me to make him lunch...

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Today is to be the first in 2 weeks without any pain relief...
Last time round it took nearly a month for the withdrawal symptoms to clear, so gearing myself up for a spot of depression, happiness, anxiety, impending doom and paranoia. Can't wait, nothing's quite like laughing one minute and if fits of tears the next...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mowed disabled neighbors grass as no one had done it for a while, 10 loads it took me !

Ganymede

Veteran
Today is to be the first in 2 weeks without any pain relief...
Last time round it took nearly a month for the withdrawal symptoms to clear, so gearing myself up for a spot of depression, happiness, anxiety, impending doom and paranoia. Can't wait, nothing's quite like laughing one minute and if fits of tears the next...
Ooh dear, that sounds like a bit of a rollercoaster. At least you know what to expect - will that help I wonder?

Well, with the rain and tempest yesterday I didn't get out on the bike so I was sorting out my tax papers (joyful!). A minor sense of achievement with slight added panic as I can't find some of the right bits and pieces.

I also got to pick some blackberries yesterday - encountered them in a hedgerow and had to just eat as many as we could as we hadn't got a container! Well it saved me from making dessert, as we'd already had it...

Ooh dear, that sounds like a bit of a rollercoaster. At least you know what to expect - will that help I wonder?

Well, with the rain and tempest yesterday I didn't get out on the bike so I was sorting out my tax papers (joyful!). A minor sense of achievement with slight added panic as I can't find some of the right bits and pieces.

I also got to pick some blackberries yesterday - encountered them in a hedgerow and had to just eat as many as we could as we hadn't got a container! Well it saved me from making dessert, as we'd already had it...
Away in Cornwall with bike
Doing shopping and have to get exhaust fixed

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Mental health is a funny thing. I take it for granted that I am mentally well, all joking aside. The withdrawal kicked in proper overnight. Sleep eludes me, save for brief 30 minute outages, with some bizarre dreams to boot. Anxiety came out of the blue as my wife, kids and brother headed to Chessington for the day, something I am not fit for frustratingly. Promises of a text on arrival didn't make the hour long wait easier...
Add that to having the cooties, and I'm in for a great day. I plan to try a ride round the block after lunch, see how things feel. See the physio next week so hopefully get going on a recovery plan...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mental health is a funny thing. I take it for granted that I am mentally well, all joking aside. The withdrawal kicked in proper overnight. Sleep eludes me, save for brief 30 minute outages, with some bizarre dreams to boot. Anxiety came out of the blue as my wife, kids and brother headed to Chessington for the day, something I am not fit for frustratingly. Promises of a text on arrival didn't make the hour long wait easier...
Add that to having the cooties, and I'm in for a great day. I plan to try a ride round the block after lunch, see how things feel. See the physio next week so hopefully get going on a recovery plan...

I hope everything works out for you in the end cosmicbike:hugs:

Ganymede

Veteran
I'm at home learning lines which don't want to go in. Age and recent lack of practise is the culprit. Feels like this: :banghead:

I'm glad you're managing to get out at least, cosmicbike.

Top Bottom