Your Not Ride Today.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
No ride since the 2nd August :sad: bathroom water leak means I have been taking out and fitting a new suite.
Also migraine last two days.
Bet its crap weather once I finish and feel fine.

TVC

Three mile walk round Thornton Reservoir, followed by the best Ploughmans lunch I've had in years, another walk around another local lake, coffee by the Bosworth Canal, buying a pair of really good lightweight walking shoes from an independant outdoors shop, home for a Thai rice noodle chicken broth then gin & tonic. A pretty perfect day.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
My non ride could be tonight, was hoping to go out with the delightful Penge CC at 7:30pm this evening but due to a nasty muscular pain which kept me awake in the early hours of this morning, it doesn't look good.

not been out since Tuesday when my non-ride was caused by my own lack of intelligence. I had planned a nice 50 miler, even got up early and whilst eating breakfast and taking my nebuliser I received an email reminding me that I had arranged to be in all that day to take delivery (2nd attempt) of a parcel... :wacko:
Since then it has rained and I have had no commitments and can't be bothered. I'm out over the weekend on a mini-tour with my OH and just don't feel like getting out. Mind you it is :rain: like an Indian monsoon here at the moment, and I need to go and empty a gutter that it pouring water all over the road bikes (under their cover)... doubt somehow I will find the enthusiasm for a ride today either!

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I think I'm going slightly mad, we know a song about that don't we children. Sleep, the one thing it is very hard to get by without...

postman

Legendary Member
Reason for my non ride.I feel tired.The wife snores.It has finally worn me down.I am on 20mg of sleeping tabs,plus i am wearing silicon earplugs.But she is still waking me up.It is wearing me out.We have a spare room but it is a craft room and it will not accom a bed, chai,r desk, and storage cabinets.I don't know what to do next.She has said she will go to the Docs,but i am still waiting.

Reason for my non ride.I feel tired.The wife snores.It has finally worn me down.I am on 20mg of sleeping tabs,plus i am wearing silicon earplugs.But she is still waking me up.It is wearing me out.We have a spare room but it is a craft room and it will not accom a bed, chai,r desk, and storage cabinets.I don't know what to do next.She has said she will go to the Docs,but i am still waiting.
you have my sympathies. my OH snores as well but thankfully he did do something about it. All I have to do now is check he has taken his meds/spray and I get a better nights sleep - though he still snores, just not as loudly or as often.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sleeping bag in the craft room :smile:
I have a different but similar problem, kids are still at the age where oen ends up in our bed most nights ( when im on nights they sneak in undetected ) so i end up being woken up and kicked in the back all night till i get into one of their beds but of course its not the same so i get a restless sleep .
The swmbo tends to have a lie in on a Sunday so i have missed many a club run as she does not surface till after i should have gone .

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I haven't ridden as I had my op on Wednesday. Bit sore and not allowed anything strenuous for 2 weeks. Spoke to the surgeon who said a gentle few miles is ok after a few days, but nothing else as they have removed bits of muscle (I know, I felt that bit!).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Back still sore and a bit of sciatica this morning but at least i managed to get out of bed without being bent double , i reckon i will give today a miss as well and back on the bike for the Monday commute .

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Back still sore and a bit of sciatica this morning but at least i managed to get out of bed without being bent double , i reckon i will give today a miss as well and back on the bike for the Monday commute .
Sometimes a break is the best thing, even though it can be very frustrating.

Top Bottom