Your own little non cycling related quirks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i know everyone has their own quirks when on the bike, (mine is unclipping my left foot at the top of a stroke before i stop, cant get it unclipped any other way!!) but what non cycling related quirks/habits do you have?

Me, well i always lifesaver check. wether im driving, cycling, horse riding or even walking i will do a quick shoulder check before changing direction. i also stack my coins from biggest to smallest, even if i only have 4-5 coins in my hand i will line them up biggest nearest my wrist, smallest nearer the fingers! dont know how or why i just do!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm 51, and I *still* avoid treading on the cracks in the pavement. (Not for fear of bears, I hasten to add.)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
When travelling on trains, I prefer to sit facing the direction of travel.

When trimming my garden hedge, I do the inside first, then the top,then the outside. Not sure why, I just do.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
When washing my car, I start at the top and work downwards doing the wheel rims last (means the soap remains as clean as possible)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
When eating a fish finger meal I eat the greens and the chips first, and save the fish fingers til the end.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
i also stack my coins from biggest to smallest, even if i only have 4-5 coins in my hand i will line them up biggest nearest my wrist, smallest nearer the fingers! dont know how or why i just do!

So glad I'm not alone in doing this, the coins can't go back in my pocket (yes yes I know) until they're sorted by size.

Me too.

I also sort my pound coins in to the order in which I will spend them, crappiest designs spent first.

Maz

Guru
Whenever I finish a bag of crisps, I tie a knot or two in the bag and then chuck it in the bin.
The knot gives the bag some density and gives a reasonably predictable trajectory to the projectile in question.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
When travelling on trains, I prefer to sit facing the direction of travel.

Yet when I travel by train I prefer facing backwards towards travel.

ASC1951

Guru
I always try to pay the exact money; and if there is a choice, I use as many of my coins as I can.
Even if the people behind me start muttering, "Poor old soul. It's a shame, isn't it?"

Top Bottom