Your photos of things which no longer exist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

My job going up in smoke.
There's houses there now.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

People walking around with a big fish on their back..

CharleyFarley

A cantilever bridge that used to sit over the Lewes-Rehoboth canal in Delaware. It was torn down in the early 80s and a higher and better bridge was built. The foreman on the job was an Englishman by the name of John Sach. At the end of the project he collapsed and died. A memorial plate to him is now attached to the new bridge house.

Scene 52a.jpg

Last edited:

Proto

Legendary Member
World Trade Centre, New York

View attachment 510937

We were in New York for a few days in September 2001, we’d been to see friends in Massachusetts, and stayed in Manhattan in a borrowed apartment. Usual tourist things, Central Park , ferry past the Statue of Liberty and so on.

Went to the WTC on, I think, 2nd or 4th of September. I remember the sheer wonder of the building, the huge lobby, the conversation with young woman operating the elevator, chatting to the staff at the cafe at the top, sitting on the floor leaning against the glass watching the planes from La Guardia way below, my kids running up the steps onto the roof lookout with me, terrified of heights, trying to follow.

A few days later I was at work when a colleague came up and said there’s something big happening in New York. Turned on a tiny tv and watched the horror unfold. Heartbreaking, the poor people, all gone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

My first car, its not showing on the DVLA and last MOT was in 2015 so it looks like its been scrapped.

Aug 12 My KA.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

You were a late starter, 2004 (if new) first car?

No not new, about eight years old, I'd passed my motorbike test in 1972 and my car test in 1982, after passing my car test I drove the occasional hire car and drove works vehicles, vans mostly.

Top Bottom