Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

Out for just past 6:00 this morning for what was intended to be a relaxing pootle. But as it was such a lovely morning the intended 20 mile loop turned into a 66 mile one...which is just a tad more than a metric century :smile:.

full.png

Rest stop photo is of the fortified church at Newton Arlosh , at around the 37 mile mark

WP_20140601_08_44_24_Pro_zps51147edf.jpg

I need a recovery beer now :thumbsup:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
A fairly routine 50 miles up in them there hills:crazy: for me this morning. Saw @Rob3rt mate Andy T going the other way down Long Hill near Buxton. Lots of climbing and rapid descents.
Hit a mahoosive pothole, more of a bucket hole near home at Over Alderley, which wrenched the bars out of my grip, I was very suprised I didn't burst the tyre. Best of all it was warm and sunny.:sun:I can feel the warm glow of slight sunburn. Lunch and a beer me thinks.:becool:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
50-odd km from home to the Surrey Hills, coffee in Peaslake, and back home again. Slightly spoiled middle 10km by some sportive or other littering the road with herds of clueless mamils with all the cyclecraft of a nobber.

Four abreast coming uphill on a singletrack road, really?

Group of lemmings turning right at a junction from behind a give way line without looking when there are folk coming down the hill at 40+mph?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

66 miles the journey, the Lickey Hills Visitor Centre the destination, and I'm a silly old sod, just outside Balsall Common I reached for my water bottle and it wasn't there :eek: , b******s I thought I've left it in the Kitchen :sad::dry: , shall I go back for it? No its too far I'll keep going, just outside Earlswood I passed a couple of cyclists, they then speeded up and come past a couple of miles down the road, I then rode with them till they turned off and had a chat with one of them, when I mentioned I'd forgotten my water bottle he offered me one of his, I turned it down but thought that's nice of him, when I got to the visitor centre I brought two small bottles of water, drank one whilst I waited for my beans on toast and stuffed one in a back pocket to drink on the way back, lovely morning, bright sun but not too hot and only a gentle breeze, I seemed a bit stronger on the hills today, I picked a gear and rhythm and just rode up Fiery Hill Rd and Twatling Rd, mind you it was great fun steaming back down them at 35-36mph. A great morning out on the bike, and it was nice seeing so many out on their bikes, lots of people out who looked like they were new to cycling, which is nice to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
A great series of rides yesterday, well one 170mile one.
A slow ride to the park to our start point. (1.4miles)
A fast ride with mates (71.5miles)
I was going to head back to watch the Giro as this was the first time I had been out/ felt normal since having a molar out on Wednesday but one of my mates asked me if I wanted to go further; (65.7 miles later I'd worn him out).
When I dropped him off, I headed to a local race. My phone died so I only got one pic :shy: (14.5miles)

Shows how bad a descender I am; on the High Haddon Downhill I had something fly round my glasses and into my eye, causing me to come to a complete halt and still got a PR.
After watching the race and stopping at the HQ for a cake, I surprisingly felt good, its not the greatest pace as I was towing a mate who had gave their all in the race :bravo: (15.7miles).
After the short 1.5miles through the park I was back in the flat (170.3miles in total).
Image0554.jpg

Today was a more sedate 56miles (including the bit through the park http://www.strava.com/activities/148046689
RCCC Sunday Ride 2.jpg

Last edited:

Giant-Churchy

Hello all,
What you been up to?
I've been out today and went on a lovely route by the local river for 16miles, averaged 13mph. Highlight of the morning was a lovely barn owl decided to fly next to me for over a mile. Not sure if he thought I was food though.
At the time I wasn't thinking straight and didn't get any photos of the owl just enjoying the moment we had lol.
I then got home and wet wiped all the bird muc off ready for next time.
I do have a garmin Map with my route but not sure how to share this info but don't worry hears a picture of the bike cleaned.
bike010614_zps45fa8814.jpg

Went out planning to do 80 odd miles. Got about 5 miles down the road and front mech started rubbing on chain, so made adjustment with inline cable adjuster and lost ability to shift down to small ring. Made further adjustments got it to shift between both rings but not really ideal, so after a few more miles turned round and came home. It is a new cable and was expecting some stretch but a bit fed up all the same. 40 miles done in a not very good time. Lost all enthusiasm,

http://www.strava.com/activities/148114928

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom