Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Just back from a quick ride to the hospital to meet Hubster from dialysis and then on to Tesco as I am out of fruit, squash and salad stuff - again.
I started off going the wrong way, on purpose and rode around the back of Silfield and then down Rightup Lane back to Wymondham and then up Ayton Road and through the housing estate via the cyclepath and then along Harts Farm Road and aimed at Hethersett. I followed the quick route to the hospital. No sign of hubster at the layby so I went and did another mile to cool down.
12.98 miles in 55 minutes and change.
I am wondering if I am indeed coming down with something. I was knackered. I have another 16 miles to ride to meet my goal this week (the week ending tomorrow for me) and I don't think that I will ride tomorrow. It's only a goal, not worth dying for.

Finally got out on that ride but deliberately went in the 2nd group so as not to stress the back of the leg.
http://www.strava.com/activities/154817698

Whether it worked or not is debatable as I ended up on the front of the warm down all the way home.
http://www.strava.com/activities/154818497

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
20140617_161439.jpg
Today was a late start. Copious Guinness the night before saw to that. The ride from Tain to the Nigg ferry was accompanied by the sound of military jets straffing their targets. I had a few beers at Cromarty before taking the summer route through the Black Isle. I'm still debating whether the eight miles of climbing was worth the twenty miles of descent. There were some cracking views from the route. Crossing the Kesseck
Bridge to Inverness was an experience and I'm now having an absinthe nightcap.

Another forty miles under my belt.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Couldn't resist this fine sunny weather..
A day booked for Tues and it was an early off down to Gourock to catch a ferry to Kilcreggan.
As normal a few geocaches were to be bagged and as I headed along past Cove I couldn't find the first one DOH! but not soon after the first was in the bag...
I carried on intending to head to Coulport past the MOD base, must be something important in there:rolleyes: as the security is something else.I thought photo, nah. It was a long slog up to the top of the hill and a classic MOD road, just a long drag to the top where I cut back to take to head to Peaton Rd and I then dropped into the Gareloch.
More geocaches later I stopped at Garelochhead to feed my face.
It was towards Faslane (more MOD serious stuff) and I headed left up towards the Haul Rd (A817) and it was up, up and up...
I felt this and I saw a sign which said 'Low Gear blah blah' and I just stopped and thought 'Oh boy' :sweat::sweat:I then started off and found a small ramp to finish the ascent...I could have made it but a 'two'ey' will do Bob.
A quick run up to Auchengaich Reservoir for a cache, the last of the day...
I could have skinny dipped but a couple of workmen were putting posts in.
Back down and it was then an up, down and up and down ride to the A82 where I headed south and at Balloch took the path alongside the River Leven, through Dumbarton and carried on the cycle path until I cycled over the Erskine Bridge but not the easy way home, it was down through Erskine and along the Georgetown straight, through Houston and then up the Lochar Rd, joined the cycle track then 66 mile later, Bob was resting after over 3,000 ft ascent..
I'll be back.........................in much cooler weather but a good run.
Images? I can't find my camera cable:sad:

thetribe

Über Member
Was camping over the weekend so didn't ride, made up for it with 2 rides so far this week. First, on Monday, was a cycle past where we camped to check out the state of the area (VW Festival, thousands camping) All clear and still looking good. 21 miles in the sun (and wind, hate wind)
BqREl57IAAAj_tp.jpg

Bottom right was our camp spot.

Tuesday I had to go help reassemble a computer so decided to ride while my wife and daughters went to the Metro Centre, I know who got the best deal ^_^ 31.7 miles sticking to the coast, no more pics as they'd be the same as above but have a map instead
DevilWentDruridge.jpg

Can't get enough of cycling up the coast, although the scenery doesn't change much the colours do depending on the weather so it always looks different. Maybe one day I will head South from my house instead of North.

So that's 53.5 miles in to help get rid of the beer & BBQ's of the weekend :whistle:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
First group ride for me in about a year. Headed out with the 'West Thames Wheelers 2', the original group being one my Dad cycled with regularly, and may still be going (though I think some of the members are with the Hounslow & District Wheelers?). Given the bulk of the group are retired, I was definitely the youngster today, but not the fittest by a long stretch. A really enjoyable amble along the Thames from Staines-Laleham-Chertsey-Shepperton-Walton, and then back along the other side via Weybridge. One nice detour from my normal road route is to pick up a small section of the Wey Navigation, OK if it's dry otherwise a bit mucky, which takes us past Coxes Lock. Very scenic, but I forgot to take a piccy, so you'll have to settle for one of the weir a little further on (the group are well ahead by now)..
18 June 2014 Wey Nav Weir.jpg

I played catch-up at a steady pace, knowing there was a walking bridge ahead. I was somewhat surprised then to find one of our number in the Wey Navigation, with others attempting to pull him out. All hands on deck as the bank is a 3ft sheer drop made from sheet piling, so took 4 of us to help him out. One of those occasions when it was good to be on a group ride. Since best option was for him to head home I went with, along with my Dad, the rest going on to coffee and cake no doubt!
So an enjoyable, social 20 miles in just over 2 hours, with a bit of excitement thrown in for good measure.
Oh, this ride saw the hybrid top the 1000 miles, with 1008 miles on the clock.

Archeress

Veteran
Just a morning bimble today. First a trip over to the GP who signed me off for another fortnight and then a phased return. She also made an appontment for blood tests. My fiance came with me, so we rode to his workplace where we had a coffee outside the back door of the office as they have a no cycling wear in reception rule. Leaving my fiance at work, I popped down to the mall for a pain-au-raisin breakfast, before riding back to Bradley Stoke and booking a hair appointment at the salon for noon. Was wearing my new shorts for the first time, http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/3265/altura-curve-womens-lycra-cycling-shorts-sale

http://www.strava.com/activities/155032288

Hugs
Archeress x

Spartak