Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deedee58

7 mile plod with dog along Leeds/Liverpool slightly hungover and nauseous but hey ho by the time I got back I felt bazzin...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A nice 70 miler with some other Cycle Chatters in that there Londinium.
Twas a glorious day for a bike ride. Sun was shinning and nice and warm in parts.. wind was a little chilly though.

6 of us gathered together at Hyde Park Corner
310814 HPC.jpg

Just in time to see the Horse Guards making their way to do the 'Changing Of' business.
3108014 Horseguards.jpg

As per usual Topcat1 show's us all how to be cool on a bike personified.
310814 Dave.jpg

We had decided to pootle along to the View Tube at the Olympic Park. It's now being fitted out for the arrival of West Ham Footy Club. The top tier being removed lest they not fill it
310814 Olympic.jpg

The View Tube does do an exceedingly good line of food and beverages, along with great, quick service.
Sausage and egg ciabatta's, Victoria Sponge cake, a full English, coffee's and teas and a couple of bottles of local brew cider were the order of the day.
310814 Viewtube.jpg

The bikes were never left alone.
310814bikes.jpg

After the grub had been consumed it was off for an explore of the 'now open' Olympic Park. Must admit, I was very impressed. They have done an amazing job. It really is a place for families to go and spend an enjoyable afternoon. Plenty for adults and kids alike to enjoy.

We had a good old nose around the place, taking in the Swimming venue and the Velodrome.
310814 Swimming.jpg

310814 cycling.jpg

Once we had 'done the park'.. it was time to head home. Back through the park onto the Greenway which took us to Beckton, then a fast run down to Woolwich past London City Airport and onto the free Woolwich Ferry. It's only a 5 minute trip, but the views are great as it crosses the Thames.

Another quick blast through Charlton, Greenwich and onto London Bridge and it was time to split. Others having other things to do.
So, a nice return to the sociable, conversational pace of the Cycle Chat London Ride. And not before time. Thanks all.

310814.jpg

Last edited:

Mark65

Set off from home with grey clouds overhead and a breeze from the west. Headed to Preston to ride along the river Ribble and as I reached a certain point. Blue sky.

I could see down the Ribble towards the estuary and Lytham. As I've done before I carried on to Lytham. Took a couple of photos then set off home. Arrived home a little late for tea but ended up doing just over 50 miles. Nice day after a grey start.

Bryony

Veteran
My ride today was a very short one but quite enjoyable! I picked up my new bike today so took it for a little pootle round the tarmac track at Fowlmead. I had my youngest step-daughter in tow on her bike so I knew it wouldn't be a fast ride!!

Phoebe maybe 7 years old but she is very petite (she wears 4-5 yr old's clothes) and she weighs next to nothing I think her bike weighs about 3 times more than she does!! Anyway she's been struggling with her cycling in all aspects like balance, steering and pedaling. Anyway I said I'd take her as her older sister wanted to do the mountain bike blue route and my back isn't up to that yet so she went off with her dad.

Well Phoebe really surprised me she did a whole lap of the tarmac track (2 miles) without whinging, stropping and the usual "I can't do it" she gives her dad every time he takes her out!! We stopped a couple of times for a drink and there was a little hill she struggled with a bit, but we averaged a massive 5mph!! with a maximum speed of 10mph and my first ride on my new bike was a very comfy one!! So it now looks like I have the job of taking Phoebe out for her rides as she did so well today!!
image.jpg

A quick pic of my new bike!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
After a day out in the park with my Granddaughter, I got the chance to pop out for an evening ride to pick some elderberries to make a couple of gallons of wine..No great distance involved, but as it was such a lovely evening, I decided to add a few miles on before I got to the byway I was aiming for.

IMG_20140831_210113.jpg

The old kitchen garden here has heaps of stuff to pick: plums, walnuts, apples etc. but the nettles are too harsh when shorts are worn. I'm going there very soon in long trousers to grab some free fruit!
After a loupe through Moulton village, I turned back towards Sywell, Sywell Country Park and my destination....

IMG_20140831_210147.jpg

Apart from a couple of stings, I was OK. Plenty of elderberries and blackberries on both sides of the track. Why don't more people go out and get some free stuff...?? There's loads of it just hanging there waiting to be picked! :unsure:
Oh well..... more for me ^_^

As it is getting darker a bit earlier now, I had taken my lights as I was going to be back on the roads for a few miles of my ride home.

IMG_20140831_210320.jpg

That'll do for a few gallons! They're already bubbling away in a big pan..

A nice leisurely 15 mile ride on the hardtail. No wind, no rain and no idiots... :smile:

http://www.strava.com/activities/188037442

:smile:

Last edited:

Ciar

Veteran
Just a quick early morning trip out to Swinley Forest MTB trails with some friends, covered some blue and red and 13 odd miles, lots of fun as usual and avoiding break holes and trees ;-)

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
16 miles today, up to Lake Road and return, no torrential downpours today, just hills, headwinds, heat, and humidity. I saw a few people out on bicycles today, but tomorrows holiday (Labor Day) will see a few more, if it doesn't rain. I think I may just cut the grass in the morning, and by afternoon we may have some big thunderstorms rolling in. The Fuji is still a fettling, with a leather saddle arriving this week or next, and racks to be fitted.

D

Deleted member 1258

Yesterdays ride was a long and lumpy 94 miles to Great Rollright, a slow ride, I was a bit out of sorts, with an early start, 8am, and a late finish, 3:45, trying out a new route I managed to take a wrong turn and get lost at one point, had to do some extra climbing, it made me late at the cafe stop and meant they wouldn't serve me a Beans on toast, so I had a quick coffee and called in at the Deli at Kinton on the way back for another stop before heading back through Lighthorne, you ride down a steep hill into the village and as soon as you get to the bottom you are climbing a steep hill out of the village, onto Chesterton , came round a bend and there was a flock of sheep in the road, onto the private farm road through to Harbury and then followed the route out back into Coventry.

20140831_093635.jpg
20140831_093733.jpg

St Giles Church Chesterton

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Twenty miles yesterday on the Selby-York cycleroute. I combined it with a pie shop scouting mission and a couple of promising sites were identified. The 'solar system' sculptures have had a recent addition, a model of a Voyager space craft and as always, I had a stop to admire the Fisher of Dreams sculpture on one of the bridges. Lovely weather for my first outing since getting back from Hungary.

20140831_163439.jpg

20140831_145721.jpg

20140831_141803.jpg

brand

I guess you have no idea what my beef is so let me explain it to you so you understand. If other cyclists say hello then great. If they don't then I don't care. It doesn't matter. What I don't get is needy people whinging on a forum that a cyclist didn't say hello.
A bit ignorant though? No surprise if a mountain biker says hello and a racer ignores him. A bit of a snobby lot some of these racing cyclists?

brand

After a day out in the park with my Granddaughter, I got the chance to pop out for an evening ride to pick some elderberries to make a couple of gallons of wine..No great distance involved, but as it was such a lovely evening, I decided to add a few miles on before I got to the byway I was aiming for.

Why don't more people go out and get some free stuff..
:unsure:^_^:smile:

:smile:
SERIOUSLY? You don't tell people where the good picking is? You will have less for yourself or at least make it harder to pick.
I tell no one where the good stuff is. Not for mushrooms not for elderberry, Sloe, plums or apples and definitely not for wood!
Keep it a secret and don't encourage people to forage otherwise there will be nothing for the poor birds....well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom