Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
No ride today. Titanium elbow is painful, shooting pains up the ulnar nerve, so using as an excuse to rest.
Ouch! Nothing worse than nerve pain, of any sort!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I purchased some roof bars last week for our car and went to fit them. Lo and behold they were damaged.... So we put the bikes in the car along with the bars and bike carriers and headed off to the other side of Cambridge.
We then headed for Six Mile Bottom and did a 15 mile figure of 8.
image.jpg

There are a few undulations around these parts including a nice drag up to West Wratting, where we used to live
image.jpg

Once Mrs Dave had got to the top of this one she informed me that she didn't have it in her today. I went deaf at this point!
The roads were nice and quiet, but littered with road kill, too many to apologise to!
In Dullingham we passed a distillery that make their own gin and vodka, she went in for a look. I think she did more than look. Whatever happened, she was riding better for it!
At Brinkley we turned right on the longish decent to the car at 6MB
I stayed within range of her and clocked up 35mph, I think Jo would have been travelling at around 30 which gave her a thrill.
image.jpg

She's my little ray of sunshine! :sun:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes, roadkill.... never seen so much. Two badgers and numerous rabbits, pheasants, hedgehogs and two black furry things that I think might have been mink.

Not been on here for a while, too busy out riding :rolleyes:. This weekend however was one at home and the only weekend that dr_pink is not racing so it was out on a training ride and as it is the hill climb season we went out to do as many hills as we could before I keeled over and begged for mercy, a sample:
BF2B5529-94AD-428E-87B3-95CC59D2F631_zpsengi8y7b.jpg

361B4433-087B-4270-8A8A-5E83385943D3_zpstxtnca78.jpg

0DEE999A-9A49-487E-896E-BB58771CF839_zps3ijkiuwc.jpg

A801B4DD-7686-4B19-8584-A8AA88A9E329_zpsubdf0enu.jpg

I think my best pic today
4A6F6933-69B1-49CE-A0C9-3BADADB124BD_zpshgvqehrp.jpg

568BA4CD-323D-4331-B2F4-C0D13AB7DC4F_zps9rohdh4m.jpg

A rare one of me suffering, just to be clear, the suffering isn't rare! [how did she make this look flat?]
42745157-A34F-4EA4-8174-9F898F73D09F_zpszvvhypxf.jpg

My good deed for the day, rescued this little fella from getting squished.
A2641963-69FB-48E3-A87B-253C89C109A0_zpscqnywppl.jpg

Lost count of how many hills we did, 50 miles worth anyway in preparation for The Cat & Fiddle hill climb next Sunday. Come along and give a shout if you are local, it's a great watch.

Well I've made new friends today......

I took my regular commute into town today and waited for @robjh and @Stephen C to turn up. @MisterStan was supposed to be playing out but apparently he broke his bike..... Not good!

We rolled out of Cambridge down Barton Road and into the village of Barton, here we spied a herd of llamas, or were they alpacas?
From Comberton we headed to Toft, then a turn up to Hardwick. We were within 1/4 pf a mile from 123HQ.
We went up over the hill between Elsworth and Hilton, then onto Graveley. After Croxton we stopped at the garden centre in Waresley for a brew. I only had a tiny wafer of a waffle, but the other two...... Cakes the size of a farmhouse loaf!
We the rode down to the wonderfully named village of Gamlingay before climbing up to Hatley. We covered the brakes as we rolled down the hill as we had to make a sharp left to take us to Arrington. We were then along Ermine Street climbing 3 hills, the first one was the biggest challenge. On past Wimpole, through Orwell and up The longer side of Barrington Hill. 10 minutes later we were back in Cambridge eating THE finest Italian ice cream this side of Bedford. Rob almost pulled a Japanese tourist at one point, it must have been the way he licked the ice cream that attracted her!
We rode down Trumpington Street together pretending to be in the TdF before I split off to come home.
I'd done 70 miles by the time I was home which was surprising as I've felt like death warmed up for the past 3 days.
It was good to meet fellow cycle chatters and go for a spin, we're planning to do it again soon, so don't be shy!

Let us know when the next one is might be able to tag along if possible as I'm in Ely and work in Cambridge.

stephec

Legendary Member
I did a 40 mile round trip to pick up a cycling shirt, not a shirt for cycling, but a shirt with cycles!
View attachment 56202

I like that, where's it from if you don't mind me asking please?

djb1971

Legendary Member
My ride never happened.

Alarm went off at 5.00am, I switched it off and snuggled back into bed. Did the same on Saturday.
Decided to do a night ride, just hung my bike back up, don't want to go out!

I haven't been on any of my bikes for a few days now. Works been bonkers the last few weeks and my sleep has been crap, think I'm feeling the effects.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My ride never happened.

Alarm went off at 5.00am, I switched it off and snuggled back into bed. Did the same on Saturday.
Decided to do a night ride, just hung my bike back up, don't want to go out!

I haven't been on any of my bikes for a few days now. Works been bonkers the last few weeks and my sleep has been crap, think I'm feeling the effects.

I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
For those who haven't yet seen: As promised, my descriptions of the Lakes rides from the last week have been written up and I've tacked them onto the end of my existing thread over in the members travelogues section: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/lakes-holiday.137738/post-3279138

As a taster here are some of the photos that didn't make it into the reports:
DSC0001500.jpg

Doug tackles the climb up to Blea Tarn.

DSC0001515.jpg

Pub stop

DSC0001531.jpg

Cheering on the Helvellyn Triathlon riders.

DSC0001549.jpg

View from the Coffin Road.

DSC0001557.jpg

Idyllic conditions on Windermere

DSC0001593.jpg

Traffic problems on the way to Hesket Newmarket

DSC0001598.jpg

Big skies, empty roads.

DSC0001616.jpg

Is it September or June?

Last edited:
Status