Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nothing exciting, did my usual 24 mile loop as a test for my new set up as i put the saddle forward 5 mm and added a 10 mm longer stem but my thighs felt like they were burning which normally means the saddle is a bit low so i stopped a few times to put it up a few mm .
Managed evens but not really going for it today
http://www.strava.com/activities/200068936

Saturday club ride with a bit extra to do this months Strava Gran Fondo;well pleased with the average for a 130k ride:bicycle::smile:

http://www.strava.com/activities/200112984

Oh and had lemon cake and a double espresso at La Hogue farm shop and cafe;luurverly:cuppa::hungry:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Was in London yesterday and overnight so this morning's ride was a 4 miler from St Johns Wood to Kings Cross station on the Brompton. Not a bad ride, and a half loop of Regents Park was fun, past the zoo. Saw 3 giraffes - not often I get to say that on a ride!

Then it was dicing with death along Marylebone Road to the station. Got there and it was bus replacement service from Royston. Bugger it.

Made it home eventually, and after the big city, I was mightily glad to be back on home turf for a quick 10 miler across the fen on the hybrid in warm sunshine...

image.jpg

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
One day on, wind almost like yesterday, cloudy with a bit of very light drizzle at times, and just 2 other cyclists seen today.Heres another shot of Knabbs Ridge wind farm, slightly closer and from a lower road than yesterdays. More looping up and down the hill side today so managed to gain an extra mile on yesterdays outing.
IMAG0243.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Just in from a nice little 13.6 miler around our regular Wreningham to Hethel cyclpath route but then we turned right and headed for East Carleton and then turned for home at Ketteringham.
1 hour and 3 minutes of steady (slow) riding with Hubster. We were not in a hurry and I have lost a ton of fitness due to not motivating myself more while I've been a bit down in then dumps. We are planning a short ride tomorrow (I know that 13 miles is short) and hope to get out in the week as we have a week off work.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Thirty eight miles from Wetherby to the Yorkshire Farming Museum at Murton and back. I took a more interesting route to York for the first time via Thorpe Arch, Healaugh, Askham Richard and Askham Bryan. It was also my first outing on a road bike since March, my Dave Yates Randonneur. It turned out to be a much quieter road with lots of cyclists out and about. The Museum of Farming turned out to be a gem with a BOGOF - the entry fee also covers admission to the last remaining stretch of the Derwent Valley Railway. The museum is interesting and has a wide but not comprehensive range of agricultural implements including an eye-watering display of animal castration tools and lesser known tractors. The ride back was uneventful but monitored by the glider pilots overhead near Rufforth on the oft used B1224.

10614151_10152753133318330_4570419800282776705_n.jpg

A Ferguson tractor

10646662_10152753133468330_2478927307377599699_n.jpg

A Ransomes caterpillar tractor last used in a hospital garden which grew the vegetables for the hospital kitchens. I wonder what happened to the gardens.

10712974_10152753137463330_5563136439819861004_n.jpg

Weldrake Station relocated to Murton on the Derwent Valley Light Railway

young Ed

Veteran
28.5 miles
first ride that isn't the commute in AGES!
usual mix of audi, mercedes and bmw nobbers. one audi a3 idiot decided to hoot me as i overtook a parked car at slow speed and rather wide so as to minimise the risk of getting 'doored' if there was anyone in the car, i was then stuck behind him for ages in traffic and was very tempted to go and have a word but i managed to resist partially because i know how quick i throw a punch at near on anyone

bit of pain in the hams which i suspect could be very minor muscle damage so will just need to strengthen up the ankles and lower part of the hams with a few miles running now that hay season is finally over for me :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Thirty eight miles from Wetherby to the Yorkshire Farming Museum at Murton and back. I took a more interesting route to York for the first time via Thorpe Arch, Healaugh, Askham Richard and Askham Bryan. It was also my first outing on a road bike since March, my Dave Yates Randonneur. It turned out to be a much quieter road with lots of cyclists out and about. The Museum of Farming turned out to be a gem with a BOGOF - the entry fee also covers admission to the last remaining stretch of the Derwent Valley Railway. The museum is interesting and has a wide but not comprehensive range of agricultural implements including an eye-watering display of animal castration tools and lesser known tractors. The ride back was uneventful but monitored by the glider pilots overhead near Rufforth on the oft used B1224.

10614151_10152753133318330_4570419800282776705_n.jpg

A Ferguson tractor

10646662_10152753133468330_2478927307377599699_n.jpg

A Ransomes caterpillar tractor last used in a hospital garden which grew the vegetables for the hospital kitchens. I wonder what happened to the gardens.

10712974_10152753137463330_5563136439819861004_n.jpg

Weldrake Station relocated to Murton on the Derwent Valley Light Railway
i too will own one of the masey ferguson t20's or 'grey fergie' one day and a MF135 oh and then my real working tractors! :rolleyes:
Cheers Ed

RWright

Guru
I was out yesterday on my normal one hour fitness ride and had my phone with me. I saw a cloud with rainbow colors in it so I took a couple of pictures of it. I didn't look at it until today. I was shooting into the sun so I didn't get all the colors but you can make out the red and yellow. What I also noticed were a lot of vapor trails, I though it odd, even for a Friday. I later found out some contract employee in Chicago had set fire to an air traffic center. :rolleyes: It looks like the skies got pretty busy afterwards.
IMG_20140926_182908_zps57bbdb10.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
28.5 miles
first ride that isn't the commute in AGES!
usual mix of audi, mercedes and bmw nobbers. one audi a3 idiot decided to hoot me as i overtook a parked car at slow speed and rather wide so as to minimise the risk of getting 'doored' if there was anyone in the car, i was then stuck behind him for ages in traffic and was very tempted to go and have a word but i managed to resist partially because i know how quick i throw a punch at near on anyone

bit of pain in the hams which i suspect could be very minor muscle damage so will just need to strengthen up the ankles and lower part of the hams with a few miles running now that hay season is finally over for me :biggrin:
Cheers Ed
still hurts in the hams when leg is in certain positions and i am just sitting in an office chair! :sad:
does this sound like muscle damage?
Cheers Ed

I was out yesterday on my normal one hour fitness ride and had my phone with me. I saw a cloud with rainbow colors in it so I took a couple of pictures of it. I didn't look at it until today. I was shooting into the sun so I didn't get all the colors but you can make out the red and yellow. What I also noticed were a lot of vapor trails, I though it odd, even for a Friday. I later found out some contract employee in Chicago had set fire to an air traffic center. :rolleyes: It looks like the skies got pretty busy afterwards.
IMG_20140926_182908_zps57bbdb10.jpg

You saw a sundog or parhelia. (link to one I posted on cc recently, link to atmospheric optics site )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom