Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Not long back from a little evening jaunt.
My first ride with lights!

We went down to see the Kelpies, which were being lit up gold, for the Ryder Cup.
We got there at dusk and rode back in the dark. It was great fun...bunnies jumping out in front of us and everything!
My lights were okay for the paths etc but not for any serious night riding.
But it was a fun 10 miles!

gold_kelpies.jpg

Kelpies in gold

gold2.jpg

O&Mum.jpg

Me and the lad

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Such a pity about the pylons and cables in the background!

ScotiaLass

Guru
I've just joined my local camera club, so I need to get out & take some photos, so far, I have walked, but there are only so many places I can walk to, so I'm hoping it will spur me back into the saddle.
That's cool! I took photos on my phone last night as I couldn't haul the big kit with me....the camera is ok but the tripod is way to big and heavy, as I use it for still life/studio work.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
You do seem to have an affinity to the Kelpies. :smile:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Another commute done with a bit more wind today. It was helping in the morning so it was a fairly quick run to work trying to avoid all the heating fuel tankers down the lanes (well, three of them - must be a sign wiinter is on the way ;)). Pheasants under foot again (they seem to like the quiet lane by Upton Forge) and I arrived quite a bit earlier than yesterday.

On the way back I found the roads busier than usual with more aggressive drivers out than I'd like :blink:. The pick of these was the chap in a white BMW who I pulled in to let overtake (no thankyou or anything). He put his foot down hard as he passed me which I though a bit irresponsible on a single track lane and was proved right moments later when he had to do an emergency stop due to meeting another car at the next corner. I could hear his ABS scrabbling for grip from where I was.:laugh: He didn't learn though - the foot went hard on the accelerator again as soon as the other car had backed up. Hope I don't meet him again!

The wind may have made the trip back a bit of a slog but I didn't feel too bad about having to work a bit when meeting a car towing another car on a trailer....... plus a smoke screen that wouldn't look out of place in a Bond film. As it was also misfiring I suspect a blown head gasket - his trip is going to be worse than mine I think.:whistle:

The view to the hills was quite different to yesterday, with curtains of rain marching across the Long Mynd. I pressed on to try and avoid getting wet but fortunately the showers seem to have missed home anyway.

Just over 13 mph average for the 20.2 mile round trip today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom