Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less

For the life of me, I genuinely can't quite put my finger on why I love this picture, but it has to get the thumbs up. :thumbsup:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Blood donoring day today at about 11:30 ish in a nearby village as my usual centre didn't have an appointment on my days off.
In lovely sunny, but still quite breezy, weather I set out through my regular route to Moulton.

DSC_0232.JPG

A quick pop into the CO-OP to pick up some cough medicine for Mrs XXX and a couple of lottery tickets for tonight's draw, then into the School on time for my appointment.

DSC_0230.JPG

Once they drained my 45th pint of blood (not all in one go), I sat for a while and ate free mince pies and drank a few cups of tea to recuperate.
I was on the horns of a dilemma though... The nurse had told me to keep pressure applied to the needle hole in my arm. How can I do that and scoff pies!? I took the risk and prioritized the pie eating :thumbsup:

Back home on about 8 miles, but all in a good cause..

http://www.strava.com/activities/232406747
:smile:

Nice Christmas eve ride;bit windy going out but nice tailwind on (part of)the way home,made the total kilometers for the year at 6,773 so won't break the 7,000 mark.
Good to get some more miles on the helium although it did throw the chain off so will have to have a fettle after the festivities but it's now nice and clean and tucked up in it's bedroom.
Right now off for some sherry and mince pies,have a good one y'all.

http://www.strava.com/activities/232433645

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We got out for a shortie today. Hubster took his new (to him) Whyte out for a quick spin down the Marriotts Way to the City and we parked the bikes in Evans while he picked out some light blue bar tape and then we rode through the cycle lane/bus lane along Castle Meadow and then down to Magdalen Street and the Dandy Horse Cafe for a coffee and then home again.

7.02 miles in about 40 mins. Not hurrying, just spinning in the sunshine. Only 27 and a bit miles off target now. Planning on a ride tomorrow, after the new bar tape has been fitted to the Whyte.

Katherine

Guru
I've been out for a 10 miler up to Barnet and back. I was on my Brompton and it was my first ride for 2 weeks :smile:

I'm feeling really proud - I managed to fix a puncture (a piece of barbed wire went through the front tyre - not sure what it was doing on the A1000. Mending the puncture isn't the challenge - getting the front wheel off was).

View attachment 75074
Are you wearing clic specs?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I rode into work at 7am and rode home at 11.30, that was 15 miles in the bag.

After some stuffing cooking
image.jpg

And some present wrapping I jumped on my good bike and had a quick blast over to Mrs Daves work, she couldn't get away until 3.30.

I did 10 miles at an average of 18.12mph. I was trying to go quicker and get 20, but wind, cold and very low sun for the last bit (couldn't see a sausage) conspired against me!

djb1971

Legendary Member
Had a nice hour in the local woods this morning. It's my first outing since the 6th:ohmy: It was hard work, still wheezing and coughing, I now have bloody pleurisy too. I wasn't stopping in today, always have a bike ride on Christmas morning, nothing is stopping that!

Just chilling before we go out for lunch, legs and ribs are killing me:laugh:

Merry Christmas everyone:thumbsup:

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
I had scheduled an hour into a busy present delivering day but it took me 15 minutes to wrap up against the cold so 45 minutes it was!! :cold:

Empty roads for a change as I headed out, first to Cadnam then south to & through Lyndhurst before turning back through Ashurst then up the road & back & then home so 14.1 miles in 48 minutes which has certainly got the blood pumping before I go out & eat my own body weight in turkey. :hungry:

http://www.strava.com/activities/232633677

002.JPG

A deserted Lyndhurst High Street this morning.

001.JPG

I also spotted this outside some holiday apartments in Lyndhurst.

Merry Christmas all, have a great day. :snowball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom