Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't get out on the roads today but after 40 minutes on the turbo I feel a lot less hungover than I did earlier.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Bloody Hell! Its windy today. A 19 and bit mile utility to ride to Wantage and back, a new route for me, just to the bank, the weather was grey and miserable and very windy on the way out, and not a lot of good on the way back either. I was glad to get home. A hate days like these.

Still, the longest ride I've done for some weeks, and through some lovely countryside, mosty along byways, bridleways and very quiet roads, it'll look FAB in the spring.

Wantage.png

Some photos of East Lockinge

1-IMG_1500.JPG

2-IMG_1501.JPG

3-IMG_1503.JPG

4-IMG_1505.JPG

Last edited:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Staying up 'till 4am watching Sherlock DVD's and drinking beer and spiced rum chasers is not conducive to a morning ride.
I went out at 3 o'clock this afternoon for a steady 17 miler to the village of Newbourne and back. If I remember, I'll take my camera next time, because someone has decorated a mightily big spruce in their front garden at Bucklesham with coloured lights. and I think it's wonderful.
The wind was a tad blustery ... :whistle:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I got an early ride in today. Man from council due in half an hour.
I simply rode down the hill to the Marriotts Way and followed it to Freeland's Corner then turned around and came back again but rode through the edge of New Costessey to make a change on the last mile.
10.75 miles averaging 11.8mph.

I have a few small niggles on the new PX CX :laugh:. Firstly, that San Marco saddle has to go. After about 6 miles it was getting seriously ouchy in the lady-bit department. I'll put my Selle Italia on as that's bedded in to my bum now, it's been on the Defy for a month. Another little tiny thing is, when I turn sharply, my toe catches the front tyre just a smidge. I'll move my cleats a tiny bit. It's a 51cm frame. 1cm bigger than my old Defy, the same size as my roadie. The top bar is shorter, which is really comfy but the forks just seem closer somehow. It's not enough to cause any problems, it just made me jump with a 'what the heck was that' moment as I was turning hard left going uphill out of the cycleway gate. It's not a particularly tight gate as it accommodates horses as well so it's not one when I needed to get off and waddle through.
Last time I was at Planet X, I tried a CX bike for size. The 51 felt wonderful, hence buying one. The next size up - a 54 I believe - was mahoosive so I know that I have the right size.

Better get out of towel and bathrobe and await man from council then. Only 34 and a bit miles to go to target. Feeling pleased.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Took the villages route instead today. ^_^
In total there's 4 routes into work. Today’s was the least exposed I think. Shall be using it tomorrow as well. Now most people are on holiday, the back roads aren't filled with rat-runners and life is peaceful. I always think it's odd that at 8:30 in the morning I'm almost at work, but also still in the middle of nowhere. :thumbsup:

Better get out of towel and bathrobe and await man from council then. Only 34 and a bit

I had to go back and re-read that.... My dyslexia took over and I got the same line twice

"Better get out of towel and bathrobe and await man from council then. Only 34 and a bit, better get out of towel and bathrobe and await man from council then"... :whistle: :laugh:

PS... Just blame it on my pain meds if it helps! :laugh:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Crikes it was windy this morning! 25 miles in what seemed a permanent headwind, taking in Stanwell Moor, Staines, Laleham and Chertsey. The brakes are bedding in nicely on the CX now, so more confident to get on a bit.
@Saluki I also have the minor toe/wheel scuff issue. Like you I felt the bigger frame a real stretch, so I'll just have to adjust a little.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had to go back and re-read that.... My dyslexia took over and I got the same line twice

"Better get out of towel and bathrobe and await man from council then. Only 34 and a bit, better get out of towel and bathrobe and await man from council then"... :whistle: :laugh:
I had the same thought but I am assuming that the missing bathrobe and towel will be replaced by something more appropriate! :thumbsup:

(Post ...)

And the usual "yes Col but it was cold and windy" applies.
I'm saying nowt - I am warm and dry indoors, munching vegetable samosas! :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom