Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Today I cycled down to the city centre and joined a 20-mile professional "networking" bike ride organised by another firm of Solicitors. There were various other roadies from various professions all having a jolly nice outing on our bikes.

We left Bristol through Long Ashton, rode up to Barrow Gurney, through Chew Magna and came back up the A37. At exactly the half-way mark we had to stop to repair some devilishly tricky involuntary deflations. After a very welcome bacon butty and coffee I then headed north up the A38 to my office in Bradley Stoke. Thankfully it stayed dry.

I've done 35 miles today and still need to ride home !

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
A mix of work & weather are conspiring to make anything resembling a decent ride seemingly impossible this weekend, so with an hour to spare this afternoon I quickly got ready to face this damn south-westerly wind again!

With plenty of overnight rain still standing around I kept the main roads which, although not ideal, were reasonably dry & headed out to Ower before turning into the wind & down to Cadnam & then Lyndhurst, at which point I picked up a tailwind & headed for home managing the short 15 mile loop in just 50 minutes so a nice little workout if nothing else.

https://www.strava.com/activities/238755260

No pics today I'm afraid as it was just boring main roads. :sad:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Today I cycled down to the city centre and joined a 20-mile professional "networking" bike ride organised by another firm of Solicitors. There were various other roadies from various professions all having a jolly nice outing on our bikes.

We left Bristol through Long Ashton, rode up to Barrow Gurney, through Chew Magna and came back up the A37. At exactly the half-way mark we had to stop to repair some devilishly tricky involuntary deflations. After a very welcome bacon butty and coffee I then headed north up the A38 to my office in Bradley Stoke. Thankfully it stayed dry.

I've done 35 miles today and still need to ride home !

A37 then A38 :wacko:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yesterday evening, I txt a mate to see if he fancied braving the elements this morning. Being Brazilian and quite barmy, he agreed and we arranged for him to pop into my place at 07:30, drink some espresso's and then head out into the dark & the gales.

Blimey the winds were strong! I tried to keep to more sheltered roads, but around Castle Ashby it's quite exposed and we caught the full brunt of it!

Unfortunately, we didn't have time for too many miles as he had plans later this morning, and I'm w*rking this afternoon. Boooo. It actually felt quite warm!
We were hoping to miss the band of rain promised for about 09:00, but after a few drops of drizzle we realized, looking at the low scudding clouds, that it was going to get a bit damper.
At this point, from Brafield on the Green, we went our separate ways home. I dropped down to the Washlands and met up with a hailstorm blowing in my face at about 40mph. Bloody face was scarified by the time it'd passed! :surrender:

Never mind, I was only a few miles from home and my waterproofs were holding out pretty well, just the drippings trickling down my neck to dampen the T-Shirt.

DSC_0326.JPG

Just as I got through Riverside Retail Park, my chain snapped. I pushed the bike a few hundred yards to a more sheltered spot, and got the Crank Bros multi-tool out and with rain running down my nose, I fixed it enough to get me home. New chain will be fitted before the next ride. It was a bit tricky actually, as I didn't have my seeing glasses with me, just my cycling specs. Still, after 15 minutes or so, I was on my way.

As I post this, the wind has dropped and the sun has come out.. <DOH>

https://www.strava.com/activities/239050268

:smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just as I got through Riverside Retail Park, my chain snapped. I pushed the bike a few hundred yards to a more sheltered spot, and got the Crank Bros multi-tool out and with rain running down my nose, I fixed it enough to get me home. New chain will be fitted before the next ride. It was a bit tricky actually, as I didn't have my seeing glasses with me, just my cycling specs. Still, after 15 minutes or so, I was on my way.
That's an example of why I always carry my Crank Bros multi-tool! I haven't had to fix my own chain yet, but I have helped several riders stranded by broken chains.

I have also started carrying a pair of specs with me after struggling to locate a bit of glass stuck in a tyre. It is the one time that I accepted help from a stranger. I knew something was probably embedded in the tyre but I couldn't feel it with my finger and I couldn't see it without my glasses. I was right - the Good Samaritan spotted a shard of glass in the tyre and dug it out for me.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
That's an example of why I always carry my Crank Bros multi-tool! I haven't had to fix my own chain yet, but I have helped several riders stranded by broken chains.

I have also started carrying a pair of specs with me after struggling to locate a bit of glass stuck in a tyre. It is the one time that I accepted help from a stranger. I knew something was probably embedded in the tyre but I couldn't feel it with my finger and I couldn't see it without my glasses. I was right - the Good Samaritan spotted a shard of glass in the tyre and dug it out for me.
I usually carry a spare power link, but, typically, not today!

13 rider

Guru
Just a short six mill loop including my least favourite climb of Polly Botts lane but I like the feeling getting up it . Ride most notable as its was the first time clipped in after the purchase from julies cylces of some shimano m530 pedals lots of stopping and unclipping practice couldn't understand as every now and again I really struggled to unclip.On arriving home I realised by newbie error ,I had only adjusted one adjuster on a double sided pedal !!! So one side set to minimal and the other nearer Max no wonder I struggled to unclip .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom