Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
2.30 mile run this morning with the Fragrant Mrs P, actually she did 6 point something miles, so left me after I did my bit. A stunning sunny morning up on the Ridgeway, not cold very little in the way of wind, gorgeous, it's a pity I was running. When I got back the sky went grey and pissed down, so I painted the lounge door.

runmap.png

Today's Run.

Then about 2.30 the sun was out again so I nipped into town on the hybrid down to the bank and came straight back, just under 6 miles tucked my jeans into my socks, put a jacket on and off I went. I live right by an NCN route that goes straight into town, no traffic at all until you get to the town centre. Its ACE!

1-IMG_1546.JPG

I was sodding about with the panoramic setting on the phone of I.

2-IMG_1547.JPG

Nice sunny afternoon.

map.png

Today's ride.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Ever cycled through hailstones at over 30mph? ...
View attachment 76797
...Probably turned out to be a useful reminder about the level of preparation needed before i take on my 2 audaxes by the beginning of February. I'm definitely layering up and rooting out all my waterproofs for the big ones. I'd hate to be out in this weather for 6 hours or so without them.
Good luck with the weather everyone. Cheers, Donger.

You're well 'ard you. Chapeau!

galaxy

Veteran
2.30 mile run this morning with the Fragrant Mrs P, actually she did 6 point something miles, so left me after I did my bit. A stunning sunny morning up on the Ridgeway, not cold very little in the way of wind, gorgeous, it's a pity I was running. When I got back the sky went grey and pissed down, so I painted the lounge door.

View attachment 76813

Today's Run.

Then about 2.30 the sun was out again so I nipped into town on the hybrid down to the bank and came straight back, just under 6 miles tucked my jeans into my socks, put a jacket on and off I went. I live right by an NCN route that goes straight into town, no traffic at all until you get to the town centre. Its ACE!

View attachment 76815

I was sodding about with the panoramic setting on the phone of I.

View attachment 76816

Nice sunny afternoon.

View attachment 76817

Today's ride.
I was at my Dentist in Didcot today

gavgav

Guru
I was able to get out this morning before the thunderstorm that hit 10 minutes after I got home. I had a brilliant ride in glorious sunshine.

I was queuing for a cuppa at a tea hut. There were several ramblers standing about and one in the queue ahead of me. When he got to the serving hatch about 6 other ramblers came over and pushed in front of me. "He was saving our places" I was told when I protested. I somewhat vigorously elbowed my way back to my position in the queue ignoring comments about ignorant cyclists. "Ignorant cyclists", from Ramblers, FFS, praise indeed. I have had a number of altercations with those twits over the years. What is it about funny boots and walking that attracts the ignorant section of the population? Anyway, it didn't spoil my ride home.
Don't tar all walkers with the same brush!! It's the same as all walks of life, the ignorant minority.

Wouldn't call myself a serious walker, but i do like a walk and I certainly act like I do when on the bike, I.e polite hello to fellow walkers.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Add 1.5 miles to today's total - a quick ride out this evening on #3 The Hybrid to deal with something at my place of part-time work.
And got into a race!:bicycle:
Was overtaken by a guy on a commuter bike (legs going like pistons and I was full of dinner), whose wheel I promptly jumped onto. Fifty metres later, he turns off. Unbeknown to me, he was taking a detour to avoid a set of lights and thus I caught up with him about a minute later, just as he was pulling out of a side road. Now, when I say caught up with, what I mean is I was going pretty damn fast and shot past him. About four hundred metres further on, as I started to relax, I realised he was still trying to catch up, so I stuck it in top, applied max power and accelerated to the turning for my place of work (luckily, a hospital with a mighty fine A&E) where I finally eased off and awaited my heart attack.
Five years ago such foolishness would have killed me.
I am 56 going on 12.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm very pleased with my ride today. 32.5 miles in calm but miserable conditions. 32 miles would be good for me in summer but in January it's unheard of! Ok it took me 2 hours 15 minutes but it was worth it!:smile:

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Add 1.5 miles to today's total - a quick ride out this evening on #3 The Hybrid to deal with something at my place of part-time work.
And got into a race!:bicycle:
Was overtaken by a guy on a commuter bike (legs going like pistons and I was full of dinner), whose wheel I promptly jumped onto. Fifty metres later, he turns off. Unbeknown to me, he was taking a detour to avoid a set of lights and thus I caught up with him about a minute later, just as he was pulling out of a side road. Now, when I say caught up with, what I mean is I was going pretty damn fast and shot past him. About four hundred metres further on, as I started to relax, I realised he was still trying to catch up, so I stuck it in top, applied max power and accelerated to the turning for my place of work (luckily, a hospital with a mighty fine A&E) where I finally eased off and awaited my heart attack.
Five years ago such foolishness would have killed me.
I am 56 going on 12.

Sounds like something I would do, I think my competitive nature will one day be the death of me.:thumbsup:

Spartak