Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob500

43 miles today. Soaked twice, sunbaked several times and nearly blew off by gusts more times than I remember. Don't you just love the weather sometimes?^_^

MrC

Usual circuit round the Oxfordshire Cotswolds.
Seemed really hard work between 10-15 miles in. Thought it must have been the wind and the fact I hadn't been out last weekend.
Five miles later, realised I had a flat....
Next 15 miles flew past

endoman

Last hilly club ride before The Etape, 60 odd miles into The Peak, windy and wet, 5,500 feet of climbing, pleased with 16.5 mpg avge, got to clean the bike yet again, covered in grit and sand, new chain going on for France, and then put on my climbing wheels when back from tune up at wheelbuilders. Shall be glad of the decrease in intensity over the next 2 weeks, been a hard 3 week block,

The forecast was for sun & light cloud but it was anything but when I got, a couple of folk cried off and I was tempted to join them but 9 of us turned up at the Glen Gates for a 50mile ride out to Bridge of Allan. Before we got to the cafe though the sun did come out :sun:and have chilled out all afternoon watching the tour. I think my 36mph sprint into Crossford was rather overshadowed by the Pro's :rolleyes:

Edwards80

Über Member
Good weekend of riding :biggrin: Went for a gentle ride to Tatton park with the Mrs yesterday - She was a bit sore this morning as it was her first 40 miler. We avoided the worst of the showers though.

Had another session at the Velodrome this evening. Lots of fun "Through and off" riding followed by some laps at the top of the track. Got my "Blue Slip" towards accreditation - looking forward to booking another one :biggrin:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Just over 30 fixie miles in the hills to see if i could ride with the giddy 13t rear sprocket :eek: Only a couple of little walks where i could not get speed up and was just standing still so i am happy with todays ride.....even the weather could not stop me !
Start of the really big hills near Belmont and Rivington
023-1.jpg

Winter hill is somewhere in the mist !
056.jpg

HovR

Über Member
Odd ride today.. Upon getting halfway up Birdlip hill (900ish ft of climbing), I stopped to take a drink, and saw a football rolling at some speed down the road. Figuring someone would soon come chasing after it, I stopped the ball and put it on the grass verge at the side of the road.

I continued my ride, and upon reaching the top of the hill I stopped in the entrance to a farm track to take another drink. I saw a young boy looking in the hedges, and thought nothing of it for a while. Then the Mum came out and also started looking.. When I asked what they were looking for, it was a football!

Back down the hill at 40mph I went, and returned with one football. They were both very grateful, and offered to refill my water bottle, to which I accepted. She then came back with a full water bottle.. And an ice cream!

So there we go, did my good deed for the day, got in a bit of extra hill climb training, and counteracted the extra calories burnt with an ice cream. ^_^

defy-one

I'm so chuffed!!!

32.58 miles in 2 hours 19 minutes with an average speed of 14.1 mph and scalped 2 roadies!!!

Slight lower back pain for the last 10 miles, having seen another thread,may tweak the seat slightly forward as i've already raised the bars up

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Started of my normal route 12 miles in i got a phone call, friends had organised a ride with my other half wich i knew nothing about, maybe she is trying to tell me something,lol, anyway turned back towards home and met them at the cafe, had a nice coffee and cake, then done 10 miles together stopped for a couple of beers, i don;t normally drink on the road bike was a bit worried about a clipless moment but all got home safely, had a shower and a napp, ^_^

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had a nice time yesterday(22 miles of "hilly" east Lancs:heat: ) on my old Carrera. I know that many think they're poor bikes but i've grown very fond of my 14 year old red,narrow tubed all original parts apart from having the gear shifters put on the handlebars, machine!:wub: I admit that i've put touring tyres on to avoid constant punctures, so i go a bit slower, but the suspension is more comfy and i feel confident to go a lot further from home than i do on my "better bike". We managed to reach 34mph with the wind behind us and me doing some hard pedalling on a slight decline, so it felt good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom