Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A moist 45 miles up around Todmorden with bromptonfb,
A triathlon was taking place,many were scalped including some
lady cyclist in a skinsuit powering up the hill on her carbon framed
tri-bike tucked in to her aerobars,Couldn't resist saying morning
as i came past on my lugged steel fixie sporting a sprung brooks saddle :laugh:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I went out this evening for my short quick route I do, about 6 miles part road, part cyclepath, part trail trying to keep the pace up always falls within 15-15.5mph average on my hybrid, but tonight i averaged 16.8mph without the front suspension locked. :rolleyes: Its a short ride, but one of a few I use as a benchmark so rather pleased with myself. :biggrin:

Its been a horrible day weatherwise and my little Pootle to the PO was pretty miserable but amazingly it got worse as the day went on :rolleyes:It improved after tea though, to a light/ occasional spit, so I went out for a short ride. Note to myself however, they pedals I've been promising to buy, do so :blush: Sprinting up the hill out of Cowdenbeath with non perfect spds isn't advisable, especially if your foot comes out and you crash :blush: My left knee/hip/elbow are going to love me in the morning :ohmy:

edindave

Über Member
Its been a horrible day weatherwise and my little Pootle to the PO was pretty miserable but amazingly it got worse as the day went on :rolleyes:It improved after tea though, to a light/ occasional spit, so I went out for a short ride. Note to myself however, they pedals I've been promising to buy, do so :blush: Sprinting up the hill out of Cowdenbeath with non perfect spds isn't advisable, especially if your foot comes out and you crash :blush: My left knee/hip/elbow are going to love me in the morning :ohmy:
Ouch! Glad nothing serious came of that spill. All too easy done.

Ouch! Glad nothing serious came of that spill. All too easy done.
Cheers just lots of road rash, cuts and bruising but nothing broken.

Edit things are sore in the morning as expected but nothing has got worse :rolleyes: I'll need a new ERC top though if I ever go back to the club.
Image0257.jpg

Bikerchick

A moist 45 miles up around Todmorden with bromptonfb,
A triathlon was taking place,many were scalped including some
lady cyclist in a skinsuit powering up the hill on her carbon framed
tri-bike tucked in to her aerobars,Couldn't resist saying morning
as i came past on my lugged steel fixie sporting a sprung brooks saddle :laugh:
Isn't it just great when that happens, I overtook a guy yesterday who was on a tt bike, all the gear, and I was on my surly long haul trucker, complete with panniers

defy-one

Needed to borrow dads car for work as mine was in the garage.
Always asked him to pop over and then I would drop him off.
New me - cycle the 8 miles and leave the MTB there overnight. It rained on the way and I loved it!

stephyt

only went for 6 miles 2day as ive not been out in over a week took me an hr was waay too hot to go any further :sad: lol on the way back i popped into cj cycles to get sum slicker tyres but as hes busy im picking me bike up at the weekend so had to walk for 10mins up home with out me bike wearing me cycle top n gloves ^_^ and used map my ride for the first time ended up puttin me phone in one the pockets on me cycle top.. they come in handy for hoarding things :tongue:

Edwards80

Über Member
Rubbish!

Accelerating away from some lights and *PING* from the back wheel. Pulled over after the junction to discover one of the spokes on my Mavic Aksium wheel had broken. Off to decathlon now so I can get it sorted before the commute tomorrow, will probably mean buying a cheap rear wheel in the mean time though as I doubt they'll have the replacement spokes in stock :sad:

Better for it to happen now than on the 120 mile Mcr-Blackpool-Mcr ride this sunday I suppose!

My main ride today (well yesterday, I cant sleep again!) was a good dry ride for a change out with the local club on their Thursday night Training session; I had a few short trips to lbs's earlier on but I don't know if they counted as rides. And I was pleased to report on the narrower road bars my shoulder is under little or no strain any more :dance:and the only time it was uncomfortable, was when I put my arm behind me to signal 'move out'.

It was supposed to be a zone 1 recovery ride for me today, getting back in time to see the TdF; the strong winds dictated I should head north. T in the Park got in the way however, and to avoid traffic I cut to Dunning (only 1 or 2 were camped there). That was a success, so to stay away from traffic I headed to Path of Condie, I should have known it wasn't possible to keep my HR down on the 21% climb and it took me out into more traffic! After a loop to try and avoid it, I gave up and joined the queue and missed the tour by minutes :-( I was successful in keeping the HR down on Cleish Hill and overall, its just a pity about that Dunning Blip, Recovery Ride :-/ and it'll have to be highlights.

sdr gb

Falling apart
A nice 62 miler taking in Greetland, Sowerby Bridge, Mytholmroyd, up Cragg Vale, Milnrow and various bits of Saddleworth. Managed to stay dry and even the sun came out for the last half of the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom