Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
45 rather lumpy miles up in the Blackdown Hills. It was only the second time I've been out this week and the first time on the road bike for quite a while so was classed as Lots of Fun.

We even got a hint of blue sky on the way home. Just a hint, mind...
IMG_3494 (500x375).jpg

I'd not been on the DCC bun run for a while and before I head south I went along and it was forecast to be good. Forecast! It turned out to be a bit wet and mucky and roads never dried. Typically, after we got back the sun sun came out and the roads did dry!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
105 miles in the Three Bridges Audax from Stamford Bridge, through the East Yorkshire Wolds over the Humber Bridge, King George V bridge over the Trent and Gunness and Boothferry Bridge. It was my fastest ever Three Bridges ride and In kept pace with some of the Clifton CC riders arriving back at base at the same time as them though I'd have pipped them had I no ridden past the entrance to the home control at the end.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Seems like i'm just doing quick sprints over shortish mileage lately...
17 miles before dinner, 16.9 mph average.
Finding it really hard to psyche myself up for a long one, no time i keep telling myself.

Anyway, Wansford village, River Nene's in full flow.
IMG_0079.jpg

To the right of the swans is the river, to the left is someones garden. You can see the patio table and chairs still neatly sat there at the top of the pool of water on the left. Dont think the house itself is affected....its a very large garden on an expensive house. I could see fish swimming over what was their lawn.

Lots of cyclists out including a loony bunch of maybe 10 MTBers i havnt seen for a couple of years, going like stink through the lanes...crikey, you'd struggle to keep up with them. Lots of tyre hum, clicking gears, chitter chatter, sounds like they're having the time of their lives.

There was 8 of us out on our ride today, 10 initially but 2 peeled off as we were too slow for them ;) It was quite a strong headwind on the way out but we worked well together as we headed west towards Stirling on an ad lib route. As we headed west, the skies became more threatening and as we approached the foot of Kippen the skies opened, a new cafe (The Woodshed ?) was handily placed and we dove in there before we got too wet
icon_smile.gif
I think we set a trend too, no cyclists when we went in but when we came out the place was full of cyclists
icon_wink.gif
After turning north initially to Thornhill, we then turned back east and were motoring along wind assisted (I'm guess that is where we were averaging over 25mph
icon_smile.gif
). I think we went through another shower but it hopefully wasn't too memorable given the nice tail wind (yes they do exist
icon_wink.gif
).
This is today's track.

colly

Re member eR
Nice sunny ride out to meet up with ColinJ and assorted CC riders. Met up OK and rode some 7 miles back the way I had come to a great place to get refreshments: Cockpit Tearooms. http://www.cockpitfarmtearooms.co.uk
/Welcome.html
After stuffing our faces We rode down into Otley where YellowTim and I left the rest to find their way back to Hebden Bridge

Just over 60 miles with lots of up and down.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/778669

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
A short but hilly (for me) ride over the tops at Belmont, the reverse iron man route all decked out for next Sunday. If they get the wind we had today they will fly along...of course I was going the other way...bugger! Still, took 7 minutes off my best time!

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Went exploring yesterday...okay I got lost and ended up doing 60miles with some horrible hills and suffered from Ruthin to Mold.

I was heading out of the the door today, just to stretch my legs and youngest(10) asked to come with me. Quickly changed plans and packed the car with both bikes. Drove down to Connah's Quay docks and took the flat NCN 5 to Chester. Subway lunch and then back to the car along the even flatter River Dee. 20miles (nearly), but so pleased she tackled it with ease....really nice day :smile:

483940_264121063688218_211999148_n.jpg

Hebe

getting better all the time
What should have been an easy and quick 6miles this morning wasn't - it was grey, humid and windy. This afternoon, when I couldn't ride, was of course blue skies and sunshine (and a lot more wind to be fair).

I bimbled down to a lbs to see a mate in a lbs and see if I could get clip on tri bars for the wingshaped Bianchi bars; he's going to speak to his boss. Since I was out though I decided I'd go for a wee loop pre live TdF but when I got further down the road I thought I 'd extend the loop in to North Queensferry and get a snap of the FRailB. En-route I realised that I'd forgotten to switch the garmin back on though, Id paused it in the shop :blush: and saw this sign however,
Image0260.jpg
and couldn't resist.
After climbing that and the hill I missed when the GPS was switched off, I returned to my original goal (a snap of the bridge) and gentle pre tour loop.
Image0263.jpg

Edit: in contrast to the weather today the sun came out and its forecast to be torrential again :ohmy: so I went for another loop tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom