Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Saturday, circa 19 miles at 16.7 mph average
Sunday, 17 miles at 16.4.
Today, a circa 15 mile shopping run to pick up a mobile phone for my daughter. Used the Bianchi with Rodi airline wheels and was pleasently surprised how well the Rodis rolled, first time ive ridden them since getting the Ribble and swapping them over. No computer fitted to the Bianchi so guesswork on mileage etc. Crikey, the Bianchi feels low at the front compared with the Ribble Sportive....oh, and i'd forgotten how quiet normal wheels are, no clicky click from the Rodis.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A 110 miler with Mista Preston & Topcat1 of this parish to Ashford, Kent and back home. I thought we were going to be in for a good soaking but apart from a couple of tiniest spots of rain it was dry, sometimes sunny, sometimes very warm. The country lanes were deserted & dry making for very good cycling. We had headwinds, we had sidewinds and we had tailwinds.

Now this Mista Preston, when I first met the guy a couple of years back, when he asked on this forum for a cycling buddy, I damn near killed him taking him on a 50 mile pootle. Roll on a couple of years and he is a lean, mean cycling machine. I am not too proud to say that he kicked my arse today on the ride, dragging me round the route at an average of 16.2mph. He could have gone faster. I couldn't have, but then again he is 10 years younger and I have a dodgy knee. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

It was a cracking, very enjoyable ride to finish the long weekend off with.
My 19th Imperial century of the year (I did 21 last year), and pushed me over the 1000 miles for August.

Garmin Connect GPX of the route HERE

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Apart from the fact that I was actually quite warm, you would be forgiven for thinking that this evening's ride into town and back took place in late autumn, not August. Soaked to the skin, blustery winds, lights on full at half past eight.

*sigh*

vickster

Legendary Member
I've just done 14k on the exercise bike, tennis elbow and the aftermath of treatment is keeping me indoors after a very sore 5 miles yesterday :sad:

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Apart from the fact that I was actually quite warm, you would be forgiven for thinking that this evening's ride into town and back took place in late autumn, not August. Soaked to the skin, blustery winds, lights on full at half past eight.

*sigh*
Roll on summer............

defy-one

22 miles into Parliament Square. Took it easy,enjoyed the ride and wasn't hot and flustered. Currently sitting in Whitehall Gardens ... Commuting can be fun
uploadfromtaptalk1346150898984.jpg

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Lovely ride to work this morning - warm, a little breezy and a lovely blue sky when the sun came up. Almost felt like summer... ;-)

Lee_M

Guru
Saturday - 22 miles in wind and torrential downpour :sad:
Sunday - 19 miles on lumpy old hybrid to see mate recovering from DVT/PE - horrible :eek:
Monday - 24 miles round Essex ^_^
Today - Train to Norwich :banghead:

No more rides until Friday commute

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Manchester City Centre > Stockport > Marple > Mellor > Over Chunal into Glossop > Cemetary Road > Mottram > Ashten Under Lyme > Back into Manchester City Centre.

37 mile, 3000ft elevation gain.

I deserve a sandwich!

postman

Legendary Member
A very slow and enjoyable 49 miles Acomb near York,two latte stops and sarnies in a park.It felt great to be out after last weeks crap ride.But i took it very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom