Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Which one is you?

:ninja::gun::boxing:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I can confirm that cows in Virginia look the same as those in the pic above...except the ones that look like horses or course.

I rode to christiansburg today...58 miles...hilly still and perfect riding wevver.
I can almost smell the Atlantic!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Last nights "Ride the lights" in Blackpool was just brilliant with the weather being perfect and the first outing for the whole Skud clan including MRS SKUD !!!!! We rode a lot of the way along the sea front due to a few nutters wanting to make it a race and making it a bit lairy for the new comer and mini-me's.The end result was my good lady is asking when can we go for another ride,i am a happy man !
Enjoy the pics......
We are off !
Blackpoolridethelights013.jpg

Mini-me No.3 and 4 in the trailer......it was No.4's first every ride out !
Blackpoolridethelights019.jpg

Glitter ball,sun and cyclists....perfect !
Blackpoolridethelights018.jpg

Blackpoolridethelights021.jpg

The "boss" and my two speedway Princess's going along the prom to the Big One roller coaster
Blackpoolridethelights025.jpg

Chippy tea
Blackpoolridethelights036.jpg

Night ride starts.....many first's happened today
Blackpoolridethelights043.jpg

Blackpoolridethelights048.jpg

Blackpoolridethelights047.jpg

And finally,the babies asleep in the trailer....
Blackpoolridethelights057.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Proper English countryside scene,very nice !
Cheers! (Though I must confess that after the umpeenth hill of the ride, it's any excuse to stop and give the legs n lungs a breather :blush::laugh:)

Last nights "Ride the lights" in Blackpool was just brilliant with the weather being perfect and the first outing for the whole Skud clan including MRS SKUD !!!!! We rode a lot of the way along the sea front due to a few nutters wanting to make it a race and making it a bit lairy for the new comer and mini-me's.The end result was my good lady is asking when can we go for another ride,i am a happy man !
Enjoy the pics......
We are off !
Blackpoolridethelights018.jpg
Glad it went well. I spent far too many years going back and forth to Blackpool for conference after conference after conference: it's a refreshing change to see similar scenes filled with people actually having fun. Love the glitter ball photo.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Cheers! (Though I must confess that after the umpeenth hill of the ride, it's any excuse to stop and give the legs n lungs a breather :blush::laugh:)

Glad it went well. I spent far too many years going back and forth to Blackpool for conference after conference after conference: it's a refreshing change to see similar scenes filled with people actually having fun. Love the glitter ball photo.
This just caught my eye as we were riding to it,i love this glitter ball ! Later on when it was dark i lit it up with my strobes off the bike,proper disco !

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've just got back from the weekly pub ride and thanks to the (almost) full moon was lucky enough to see a barn owl hovering at the edge of a field, before gaining height and then silently swooping down on its prey. Unfortunately, due to the hedge, traffic and a rapidly approaching roundabout, I didn't see if it got its meal but that short glimpse into its life was simply magical.

I've just got back from the weekly pub ride and thanks to the (almost) full moon was lucky enough to see a barn owl hovering at the edge of a field, before gaining height and then silently swooping down on its prey. Unfortunately, due to the hedge, traffic and a rapidly approaching roundabout, I didn't see if it got its meal but that short glimpse into its life was simply magical.

Twice i've had a barn owl flying beside me at 15mph along the top of a dyke, just at the level of the road.
During June/July i was seeing barn owls every time i went on my 30 mile course across the fens.

Bear in mind they don't fly when its raining or windy, so the best time to see them is after a period of poor weather,
especially if they have young to feed.

Saw three seperate pairs hunting together over a 8 mile stretch and then a single adult on the 15th June ..... :wub:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I hear them any night that I've got the windows open - bloomin noisy neighbours they are! - but it's years since I've seen one so close up, you lucky so-and-so!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Tonight was a club ride. Format: 2 hour timed ride! Ride out as far as we can in 1 hour, then turn around and try to beat the hour back (group has to stick together on way out and 75% of the way back, solo breaks permitted in the last 25%). 19 miles reached on the way out! Beat the hour back!

Add in the 5.5 mile each way to get to the meeting point and then back home afterwards, close to 50 mile total mileage. Clocking up quite a few miles this week, feels nice to be getting the miles in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom