Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A damp 30 miles this morning with a couple of the lads, never see the sun but it was not cold just damp, Afternoon ride with the other half 22 milesand that was my first ride with the fixie, so 52 miles for the day can't be bad, got another 30+ planned for sunday morning, might have a nap in the afternoon.^_^

Is this do able on a road bike or better with a hybrid/mtb with slightly wider tyres?
I've done it on a Sirrus (Flat bar road bike with 28mm tyres), so I guess its doable on a road bike but not ideal.

Get In The Van

First time out this week, got in just under 30 miles, the beeb weather said that the wind would be around 5mph.....the lying toerags:laugh: had a head wind of at least 10mph for the first 15 miles, still was good to get out and nice to see a lot of other bikes on the road.
also for the amount of tractors out and about on the roads i use, the roads were surprisingly clean and mud free.

DeepBurn

Über Member
9 miler today. 49 minutes. Included a 1mile+ climb over 400 feet. Really happy with myself. I'm still building up my fitness and know with each ride I am improving. Next aim for me is to put in some serious miles on relatively flat routes as well as carrying on with the hill climbs.

More on my blog (below)

A good ride today and the weather helped too :sun: A slow sociable pace to Uffington and when somebody asked what should we do, I let drop there's a good cafe in Stamford ;) After cake we circled round to Oundle again at a sociable pace, where we joined in with other riders we knew and they had been joined by Russ Downing :becool: I think the average went up from 14.2mph to 16mph in the last 20 miles with Russ :smile:

First time out this week, got in just under 30 miles, the beeb weather said that the wind would be around 5mph.....the lying toerags:laugh: had a head wind of at least 10mph for the first 15 miles, still was good to get out and nice to see a lot of other bikes on the road.
also for the amount of tractors out and about on the roads i use, the roads were surprisingly clean and mud free.
Thats not surprising, the beeb haven't got much right lately :whistle:

GrasB

Veteran
Started at 5:30 am & did a uneventful, besides finding out that it was cold enough to freeze small puddles, & enjoyable 105 miles in a shade under 4.5 hours. Got back before the temps started to threaten double figures which was nice :smile:.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Just a short 21 miler today. 1st time out on one of my bicycles for a month due to calcific tendonitis (inflamed shoulder tendons). Dr advised that I can't do any harm by exercising them, so it was time to MTFU. I have fitted some Tri bars to my old Falcon - they look completely wrong on an 80's tourer, but made it much more comfortable. Most of the time I just held the elbow pads so I was very upright without any weight on my arms. Nice to be back out again in the fine and frostly Norfolk landscape. Stopped for a coffee at Madges cafe - Sandringham . (Her Majesty's Gaff)
Was with a regular cycling pal and his newbie cycling friend from Portugal.....I like cycling with a newbie - means we go slower.

Nearly there

Veteran
An appalling ride today legs like lead a massive 8 minutes down on my Pb on a regular route,I knew on the way round that my legs didn't want to go up any hills but plodded on.

steveoo

Lovely ride yesterday roughly 40 miles took in most of the bronte rumble 111 then finished off over Ogden moor. Killer of an hill up from oxenhope onto cold edge lane but I did it (unlike those I was with):smile:
Must have taken it out of me was tucked up in bed for 8.00 woke up feeling a bit weak hope its not man flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom