Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
Completed my first imperial century yesterday, 6 hours 17 moving time for the 100 , 103 miles in total. My first sportive - the Castle Ride 100 - a well organised event.
Spotted @ianrauk about 25 mins in - going the other way on his Van Nich and wearing a Cycle Chat jersey, shouted his name but I don't think he heard me!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Not my ride at all but one of the guys on the ride I co-led on Saturday said once he'd got back to Taunton that it was the furthest he'd ever cycled. Since he'd just ticked off his first half-century, I planted the idea that he might as well go the very long way home and have a bash at his first metric century. He emailed me yesterday to say that he ended up doing 67 miles. :bravo: I don't think he blames me for his aching legs :whistle:

potsy

Rambler
Short TPT ride this morning, just the 22 miles.
Quite a pleasant if overcast day, plenty of cyclists out, came home via a new to me road route and managed not to get lost :thumbsup:

Checked out @skudupnorth 's handywork on the TPT car park too, very good for an amateur :highfive:
skud.jpg
river.jpg
canal.jpg
resting.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Completed my first imperial century yesterday, 6 hours 17 moving time for the 100 , 103 miles in total. My first sportive - the Castle Ride 100 - a well organised event.
Spotted @ianrauk about 25 mins in - going the other way on his Van Nich and wearing a Cycle Chat jersey, shouted his name but I don't think he heard me!

Hi Stan,
Well done on the Century & well done on the Sportive. That's a toughie for a first one.

25 Mins in... must have been near Igtham.
Haha.. I got caught up in the sportive all morning. I even had food station Marshall's waving frantically at me and pointing me to the food stop, looking surprised I just carried on by.

MisterStan

Label Required
Hi Stan,
Well done on the Century & well done on the Sportive. That's a toughie for a first one.

25 Mins in... must have been near Igtham.
Haha.. I got caught up in the sportive all morning. I even had food station Marshall's waving frantically at me and pointing me to the food stop, looking surprised I just carried on by.
Thanks Ian.
I think it was near Igtham, just after I saw you there was a huge hill. Well I say huge, huge for a Fen dweller like me! It was fairly tough due to the hills mainly. Quite pleased with my time, I was aiming for 6 hours, so room for a little improvement for next time!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not my ride at all but one of the guys on the ride I co-led on Saturday said once he'd got back to Taunton that it was the furthest he'd ever cycled. Since he'd just ticked off his first half-century, I planted the idea that he might as well go the very long way home and have a bash at his first imperial century. He emailed me yesterday to say that he ended up doing 67 miles. :bravo: I don't think he blames me for his aching legs :whistle:
Metric century? (100 km = 62.2 miles) :thumbsup:

Well done, him, anyway!

Today was just a recovery commute but yesterday was a bit more active did the Marholm Sportive and certainly more active than the hungover Saturday; the group opted to do the 70miles when I I wanted to do the 100miles :rolleyes: Beautiful sunny day which probably meant on the line places would sell out fast, which they did but the organisers were happy to let us ride round with the members of the club which had paid. IIRC we were 20.2mph for the 73miles and with transport I was another 15 or so miles. Went home to watch the giro but found my laptop dead :sad: so went for another cycle after lunch instead the pace was a bit more subdued though 15.6mph for 52 flat miles iirc and I went exploring.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I did a ride into Shrewsbury and around the town centre (rather than sticking to the Quarry like I usually do) this afternoon. It was a gentle one to ease the legs which are still aching after the ride on saturday.

It was quite uneventful really, which was nice, and judging by how it felt I think the new saddle is starting to break in properly now ^_^.

Just 11.5 miles today at a gentle 11.7mph average.

DSC01424.JPG

Shrewsbury Gaol (also known as The Dana) which has been closed recently. This was quite unexpected and they were conducting interviews for new positions on the day the announcement was made.:wacko: There are plans to convert it into a hotel.:laugh:

DSC01428.JPG

Charles Darwin outside the town library which is the former home of Shrewsbury School (where he was educated)

DSC01431.JPG

Looking up Milk Street. I like Bellini's cafe. They do a really special hot chocolate.:thumbsup:

DSC01433.JPG

St. Chads church. Quite an unusual circular design built to replace the former St. Chads which fell down of it's own accord.

DSC01438.JPG

This was a brewery many years ago. Now it's flats and town houses. Nice spot if you can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom