Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flatflr

Guru
Made the most of the evenings decent weather (except eh bloody wind) to get in a relaxed 25 miles after work out west of Newbury and back. Only real interesting part was my first clipless moment after 4 months of riding clipless, just glad I was able to catch the bike and nobody saw:smile:

Toeclip

Guru
Rode out to Ingatestone this morning via Billericay then back to Thorndon Country Park for coffee and biscuits, so a nice 36 mile spin shame the sun never came out!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I took the knockabout bike out for a bit of a trip this afternoon, over Lyth Hill and up to Oaks and Pulverbatch before returning via Wilderley, Dorrington and Condover.

I haven't been out that way for ages - the last time was back in the autumn I think.

Having spent the last 60 miles of riding getting used to the Brooks, it felt really odd using the Spoon fitted to this bike and I found to get comfortable I had to move it quite a way forward. No back ache after this ride - the saddle position has obviously been wrong for quite a while.:rolleyes:

I did 19.25 miles today at a not very swift 11mph thanks to the hilly nature of the route and an annoying strengthening headwind on the way home.

DSC01441.JPG

Looking from Lyth Hill towards Longden and Pulverbatch

DSC01444.JPG

Bluebells in the grass up on Lyth Hill

DSC01446.JPG

Up at Oaks and looking back the way I've just come.

DSC01447.JPG

At Pulverbatch. This was very tempting but I resisted. Nice pub - I'd recommend it if you're in the area.

DSC01450.JPG

A little way past Wilderley and looking towards Lyth Hill. I'm just about to start the fun section - 275ft of descent in 2.5 miles down to Dorrington.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A quick 9 miles tonight, made a couple of adjustments to the bike, well one on the bike and one on me, left my pants of for the first time and oooohh so much better, slammed the stem and that feels really good will have to try it on a longer run at the weekend, then i will cut the steerer tube down, it also looks better which is nice. ^_^

postman

Legendary Member
The plan was Burnsall,decent weather was promised by one tv presenter.So we set orf at 9-30 bit grey, overcast,but this was going to be pushed over to York and then the coast.Well what was a surprise was the wind.It really slowed us down.So much so i was knackered by Ilkley so i blew the ride in,went back to Otley had a couple of sarnies and two lattes and went home.At Eccup i got a visit from the puncture fairy.Got home in lovely sunshine it is now 16-47 and the sun is shining.
Well i hope saturday is better, going out to Aldwark toll bridge then on to some country house.Benningborough Hall.
I hope.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Rode out to Ingatestone this morning via Billericay then back to Thorndon Country Park for coffee and biscuits, so a nice 36 mile spin shame the sun never came out!

blimey that's my old loop pretty much:bicycle:...

GrasB

Veteran
Lack lustre today. Just couldn't get into training mode, not motivated enough to make it a recovery ride & so a 16 mile DSOK ride.... couldn't be bothered with some SCRing.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sun was out and warm on the homeward commute but the wind was biting so even with aldi winter gloves my fingers were white whilst the rest of me was sweating nads !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom