Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
The tunnels are fun and a good cover from the rain ! I remember whent here was only one runway to go under :-) Did you turn left and climb up the cycle route to the runway side ? Great views of the airport and aircraft from there.
Turned left up Mill lane, is it that way?
Will have a look next time now I know my way :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 23692

I awoke this morning to a (rather loud) clicky knee, so today's ride was just going to be short pootle for a bit of gentle exercise. All was going really but after around 9 mile I found myself in the midst of a time trial. After being passed a by a few riders, my inner 'jack russell' surfaced and 'to hell with the gentle ride', I had to set off after them.

I must have looked 'the part' because the spectators were offering me applause and verbal encouragement :becool:... which of course, I gratefully accepted (it would be rude not too). After around 4 mile I turned off the TT route, much to the confusion of a marshal, and continued on my way with my knee feeling OK along with some new found vigour!! I headed towards the Solway.

Later on I meet a trio doing the Hardian's Cycle Way, so we had a good old natter whilst riding along for a few miles. After showing them to a good pub for their lunch, we bade farewell and I continued onwards. Shortly afterwards I stopped for Sunday lunch (jelly babies and water ) at one of my favourite benches, which looks out over the Solway across to Scotland....

1662013_zps4f0b7129.jpg

After that is was a normal uneventful but equally enjoyable ride back home

45 miles in 3:45... I'm happy with that, and so is my knee :smile:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Led a ride for my cycle group yesterday on what the forecast said would be a cool but :sun: day ....... we mostly had :rain:. With headwinds no matter which direction we went. And a pretty impressive downpour that left everyone gasping. But not as much the hills I'd chosen. Ended up cutting the ride short as the last leg would have been along some narrow, poorly maintained lanes that are ok in good weather but no fun when you're tired and it's been raining all day. I still managed 56 miles, so not all bad, and thanks to the belated sunshine and yet another headwind :cursing: I was mostly dry by the time I got home, if absolutely shattered and bloomin hungry. Hard to tell if the others enjoyed themselves or viewed it as an exercise in torture. :unsure:

theloafer

Legendary Member
well finally got my @rse into gear^_^ decided to go for a ride today (2) ride this year was expecting to be turning back soon after I started I hate that climb up to heighington used the route that I have as a training loop several places to cut it short :whistle:.. but got round the whole route 36.miles with no bad effects the old legs seemed to remember what to do..:laugh: pics from mobil phone (not that bad);)... http://connect.garmin.com/activities
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
015.jpg

Peteaud

Veteran
Led a ride for my cycle group yesterday on what the forecast said would be a cool but :sun: day ....... we mostly had :rain:. With headwinds no matter which direction we went. And a pretty impressive downpour that left everyone gasping. But not as much the hills I'd chosen. Ended up cutting the ride short as the last leg would have been along some narrow, poorly maintained lanes that are ok in good weather but no fun when you're tired and it's been raining all day. I still managed 56 miles, so not all bad, and thanks to the belated sunshine and yet another headwind :cursing: I was mostly dry by the time I got home, if absolutely shattered and bloomin hungry. Hard to tell if the others enjoyed themselves or viewed it as an exercise in torture. :unsure:

Was that your group going down the A358 towards Henlade?

Must come along one day as well.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Was that your group going down the A358 towards Henlade?

Must come along one day as well.

No, we went out from Taunton to Bishops Lydeard, West Bagborough, Stogumber, Bicknoller, West Quantoxhead, Watchet, Washford, Torre, Monksilver, Elworthy, Wivesliscombe, Milverton, Oake, Bishops Hull. It's an amazing route - one a sunny day, the views are just incredible. If you fancy stretching your legs at any point, give me a shout.

Peteaud

Veteran
No, we went out from Taunton to Bishops Lydeard, West Bagborough, Stogumber, Bicknoller, West Quantoxhead, Watchet, Washford, Torre, Monksilver, Elworthy, Wivesliscombe, Milverton, Oake, Bishops Hull. It's an amazing route - one a sunny day, the views are just incredible. If you fancy stretching your legs at any point, give me a shout.

If you are doing a 30 - 50 mile ride from Taunton i would be interested.

Thanks.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I've done a series of short rides this weekend.

Yesterday was a quick trip up Lyth Hill with Jenny (my sister) to test out a couple of changes to her bike. We only did about 5 miles and it appears the alterations were a success, but she isn't keen on the roadster style handlebars so I think those will be getting changed for something a little straighter in the near future.:thumbsup:

She and I went out again today down into town and through The Quarry to meet up with my brother who was filming the return of Arnold Grayston from his charity circumnavigation of Wales. Here's the video of him starting:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO-THuBCzdk

A leisurely return trip followed and unlike previous trips on the borrowed bike, Jen seems very keen to go out again.^_^ We did about 11 miles at 9 mph.

After that I did a test run on my Raleigh. I've adjusted the tension on the Brooks and went about 3 miles to see what it was like. A bit better I think.:thumbsup:

I had a wee bit of an accident on the way round. Misjudged a corner and clipped a railing, which has put a scratch down the right hand bar end.:thumbsdown:

Apologies for no photo's - the memory card on my phone is full and I haven't cleared it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom