Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Too knackered to write a report yesterday (^_^), so just getting to it now.
Went out at 10am to do a 45 miler, it was one of those warm/hot muggy days, went wrong a couple of times & added a few extra miles, which my poor old body wasn't happy about (:sad:). In the end I just couldn't face the last couple of miles uphill in the heat, so got my nephew to go ahead & get his car & come back to pick me up. A disappointing end to the ride for me, but better that than being ill.
47 miles ridden, 2300ft climbed.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Slipped out for a sneaky 20 miler before getting down to work, sprinted round, knowing it was only 20 odd miles (1,022ft climbs) and got 6 PBs on Strava segments, and a surprise top 10 place I really never expected to get into, having knocked 30 seconds off the PB I set for same seg on Saturday (climb, reduced time from 5'57 to 5'27). Not that I'm obsessed. Oh no. Not me. :thumbsup:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Had a pretty cool experience on Tuesday evening. One of the women who comes along to the Breeze rides run by a friend and I (well, mainly my friend) did her longest ever ride a couple of weeks ago (15 miles!) and on Tuesday we did a much shorter but hillier route. It's taken her a long time but she's now got the confidence to cruise along effortlessly on the level, but I noticed on Tuesday that as soon as she goes up a hill, it's all tense shoulders, a stranglehold on the bars and upper body tipped off balance almost ahead of the bike. I suggested she sit back, loosen her grip. drop her shoulders and elbows, and RELAX. By the end of the ride she didn't need reminding and looked a lot happier.

Reminded me of how easy it is to get locked into our mistakes and bad habits when you aren't aware of what you're doing wrong, even if you know the theory.

edwardd67

38 miles tonight including a stop to watch The British TT in Stewarton^_^

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Shortie tonight. I wasn't feeling the love tonight but got changed and got out on the bike anyway. I rode from home to the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital. Hubby was at dialysis tonight so I went and met him, and rode home in the car :rolleyes:.
8.33 miles in 33 mins and a few seconds. Ave speed of 15.1mph which is pretty good for me. I was pleased anyway.

Once out on the bike, I had a blast. I have a different cassette on, a 25-11. I normally ride with a 22-11 cassette on but I am working towards the Cycletta at Bedfordshire in 10 days and don't know if Bedfordshire is hilly or not, hence changing the cassette over. I don't do hills very well and need all the help that I can get.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Cycled 30 miles last night, then 20 tonight. Got my first kom, jumped from 6th to first.imagine it will be gone in a day, but feels good to be best of 9 lol. then got home to nearly get run down at bottom of my street by someone not looking both ways reversing our drive, then still looking back as they drive forward as I'd stopped at side of Road as seen them not looking.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Only a 13 miler into town and back today on the old single speed to buy a few bits an bobs. Warm T Shirt weather on the way there, humid & drizzle on the way back.
Last 'proper' ride until next Tuesday/Wednesday now as I'm back at work. :cry:

Still, that's about 170 miles done since last Sunday..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom