Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I managed a very hilly 31.25 miles today
stockbridge.jpg

D

Deleted member 23692

Up early today for my first ride in 3 weeks (due to rendering myself temporarily sensitive to sunlight).

A nice 28mile (1261ft ascent) circuit of Carlisle on very super deserted roads, completed at an average of just under 17mpg. Happy with that :smile:

full.png

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Up early today for my first ride in 3 weeks (due to rendering myself temporarily sensitive to sunlight).

A nice 28mile (1261ft ascent) circuit of Carlisle on very super deserted roads, completed at an average of just under 17mpg. Happy with that :smile:
Thats appalling fuel consumption , you need to get a more efficient car :blush:

potsy

Rambler
Out this morning with the local CC'ers @Hacienda71 @400bhp and @Origamist
They tried to kill me by taking me up some hills, do they not know I am allergic to them? :whistle:

Good ride, would love to do the route again when I am fitter, 64+ miles and somewhere between 3500 and 4000ft of climbing (there is some disagreement between various Garmins) :sweat:

There might also be a rumour going around that I was so exhausted after the outward leg I couldn't eat all my cake :blush:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
All scurrilous lies. :stop:

Ride to Flash (supposedly the highest village in England at 1518ft) with said @400bhp @Origamist and @potsy. Avoided all the really steep bits :whistle: Up via Sutton, Wildboarclough, past the Cat over Axe Edge to Flash. At the cafe there was a distinct North South divide with Origamist favouring the two slices of cake approach :eek: while the Northern contingent going for the full English, although Potsy tried to snaffle a Bakewell tart and failed after his full English ;) . Back via Buxton and over Long Hill to Whaley Bridge where there was a split with Origamist and myself heading over an untested climb for us towards Disley, while the others "back doored" it down the A6 claiming they were a bit tired. Due to a missed turn we ended up descending into Disley where as we approached the lights two familiar looking cyclists went past on the A6. The chase was on :evil: strangely for a tired person who had just done 6 cat 3 and 4 climbs Potsy seemed to be doing about 30 mph :dry: It ended up with us drafting a people carrier at close to 40 mph to catch them before Hazel Grove. A second set of farewells and back well before lunch. All good.:biggrin:

Flash.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Open 25 mile time trial, on a new course. Clocked 58:37 (25.6 mph average), not particularly pleased with that tbh, was looking for a short 57, a long 56 at a push. Felt like crap for all bar the last 5 miles, had pretty much lost my head and thus my fighting spirit within the 1st 5-6 miles. Possibly my worst feeling ride so far this season, it felt utterly awful, not that surprised though, I woke up at 4am this morning for some reason and couldn't get back to sleep so was not well rested. On the plus side, at least it was under the hour and we took the team prize plus my clubmate took the overall win, so a decent day out for the club I recon.

Seamab

Club APR last night. Fast, rolling 26 mile course. Hard work but a good work out. Rode to and from the event and it was getting pretty dark by the time I got home (9.15)
Had to look up APR. "Australian Pursuit Race" - never heard of this before.

"Unlike an ordinary road race, an APR is run as a handicap event. Groups of riders start at different time intervals, based on age and ability. The first rider over the finishing line is the winner, so the later starters must close the time gap to the leaders in order to win the race. The APR format is a good introduction to road racing for new competitors."

Sounds like fun. Presumably you have to do some TT's to get a handicap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom