Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Got my first proper 100 mile in a single ride today, nice ride out to Grassington, one puncture on the return and a nice bit of company from Sean/Shaun? for ten miles at Otley. 103.8 at 16.9 so no records broke but not bad nonetheless. Good views and way too many cyclists than I could shake a stick at. I have confimed to my self that I am no master climber so Froomey is safe and Wiggo is definitely safe from me on my lilly livered attempts at descending never mind any that are good at it.

Thanks for all the likes on this, I think maybe I should have put on that I am referring to this time round as I used to do 100 mile + rides and did 200 miles in a day on my trike, but that was all over 25 years ago and this was my first since my return to pedaling 6 months ago. thanks again Gaz..

G3CWI

Veteran
Just back from 8 mile loop testing light on very dark lanes. Successful test of lights recommended here; front and back for under £4. Quite comfortable at slow/medium pace. Cars dipped their lights and gave me loads of room. Very satisfied.

110 lumens on front and one of those 69p bar LEDS on the back.

Next test is the 3 x CREE Eye-burner.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Club 10, 22:03 (~27.1 mph average). 3rd overall, fastest from my club. It was a course PB but it was somewhat soured by a trio of wobbly wheelers (that's a derogatory term for a group of cyclists riding together with no group etiquette nor road sense) spread all over the road causing a big queue of traffic, which I inevitably got stuck behind, costing me a sub-22 minute ride!

Said group of riders also nearly rode into another rider as she set off from the start before it was my time to start.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
OK so it was only 14 miles but it was mainly uphill. I have been scared into starting my hill training for Ride London 2014 now.

I have a big hill near me that i split into 3 bitesize chunks. Part 1 is now a breeze to me, a mere mole hill, part 2 is now a heck of a lot easier after my recent bike fit. It defeated me for a breath today but i just stopped to gasp and then moved on up. Part 3 or as i call it Part 2A thats for Arghhhh ...... is where i turn left down hill. I have yet to conquer this one. I have poked my head round the corner to look, felt faint and turned around. But i will attempt to greet it soon i promise.

Fantastic weather here though, sunny warm and not a breath of wind. So far its been the perfect English summer.:sun:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
OK so it was only 14 miles but it was mainly uphill. I have been scared into starting my hill training for Ride London 2014 now.

I have a big hill near me that i split into 3 bitesize chunks. Part 1 is now a breeze to me, a mere mole hill, part 2 is now a heck of a lot easier after my recent bike fit. It defeated me for a breath today but i just stopped to gasp and then moved on up. Part 3 or as i call it Part 2A thats for Arghhhh ...... is where i turn left down hill. I have yet to conquer this one. I have poked my head round the corner to look, felt faint and turned around. But i will attempt to greet it soon i promise.

Fantastic weather here though, sunny warm and not a breath of wind. So far its been the perfect English summer.:sun:

Which bit of the Garden of England are you in?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Did my 16 mile loop today, just to get my legs going again, they were a bit hurty after Sundays ride. I smashing morning, bright and sunny and no wind.

J1780

Usual cycle to work tonight 18km although I sometimes go the scenic route making it 28km. Pick up a colleague with 10km to go and head in for the night. Pre shift shower and a coffee set me up well for the shift.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
After a hard day picking cherries and walking other people's dogs, I was knackered. I have been feeling really tired just lately so wasn't going to ride. Then I saw @ brainyricardo endomondo ride and thought 'right, I'm going out'. I finished my cuppa, changed and got on the bike and did a swift (for me) 9.08 miles around a regular ride. I took the iPod and listened in one ear to the Manics, a bit of Beatles and some Sisters of Mercy. Back in 37 mins and a few seconds to put the kettle on for another cuppa.

Feeling much happier now and planning a nice 16 - 20 miles tomorrow. Hopefully I can drag the OH out. I dusted his carbon bike today, he's not been near it since last sunday week :thumbsdown: . If it had been mine I'd have worn it out by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom