Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Snapper88

here is my strava result from ride today.

http://www.strava.com/activities/73850291

20 miles on the MTB with a friend today. Legs had nothing in them after 4 hectic rides over the last few days :sad: To top it, just at the end of an ascent a wasp landed on my arm, stung me, then did it again as I was flicking the blooming thing off.

At least now, after 42 years of abject fear, I know the stings don't actually hurt that much - not that that will stop my windmill impressions at the mere hint of them....

arranandy

Legendary Member
Had to look up APR. "Australian Pursuit Race" - never heard of this before.

"Unlike an ordinary road race, an APR is run as a handicap event. Groups of riders start at different time intervals, based on age and ability. The first rider over the finishing line is the winner, so the later starters must close the time gap to the leaders in order to win the race. The APR format is a good introduction to road racing for new competitors."

Sounds like fun. Presumably you have to do some TT's to get a handicap?

Not really. Its pretty informal the way the groups are done. Group 1 tends to be juniors and newbies. Group 2 is guys/girls that have been on club runs etc and are known to the club. Group 3 is guys/girls with a bit of race experience and/or are known to be the stronger riders on club runs. Scratch group is guys that race on a regular basis and/or have raced in the past.

J1780

Just a gentle 50km today stopping off for a coffee and slice of cake. No rush at all as wife and kids were away. Home in time for 'the match' and prepare dinner after. Great stuff. Bag packed for tomorrow mornings commute to work. Looking forward to it.....two shifts to the holidays.

Seamab

10 mile pootle with my eldest son (now 19 yikes!) who is showing a wee interest in cycling all of a sudden. Took him on a nice easy loop with a mixture of cycle path and quiet road as he lacks confidence in busy traffic. Nice to go slow and look about for a change! Also took the opportunity to go on my s/s bike that i've not been on since i had a very painful "off" due to a worn chain back at new year. Therapy!

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
First ride in nearly 4 weeks (& 3 sets of antibiotics) and first port of call was the Dr's... then home again - not the original plan but the indexing issue is still a problem despite 3 attempts by me to fix it, so enough was enough and a phone call made to my LBS... not the closest one, but the one I trust to sort the issue. Bring the bike down now... so cycle down to the LBS and leave the bike there for an hour whilst I wander around town avoiding the heavy showers. Pick up the bike and get a polite telling off... rear hanger bent, now straightened, middle chainring wearing out - does not have any, but that is something I can sort and knew about, rear derailuer cable lacking grease (:blush:) first bike in a very long time I have had that is not sealed cables all the way... and indexing now sorted. So the rest of the morning was mine to ride somewhere and pootle around the back lanes of Cheshire getting soaked to the skin. 5 cold showers on the road later and I have decided the indexing is now fine and I want a warm shower in the comfort of my bathroom. Ride aborted but the bike is fixed... http://app.strava.com/activities/74100722

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Seven of us went to Cannock Chase for a blast round the Monkey Trail today. It's only 13 miles but with only up or down, it can be hard work but great fun!!
As we were getting the bikes out of the van it started raining quite heavily but luckily only for about 15 minutes.
The first section was incredibly slippery but we all survived. After that, the damp roots and well rounded stones kept us focused on what we were doing.

DSC_0633.jpg

This is probably the first time we've ridden the full and complete circuit as, up until now, sections have been closed for repair or redesigning. Also, I've only ever ridden the Monkey Trail on a hardtail so my full suss was highly enjoyable, with 69 Strava cups/achievements :smile:

DSC_0629.jpg

A well earned coffee at the end washed my Honeycomb and strawberry & clotted cream cone down a treat..

icecream.jpg

I'm definitely going back again soon.

http://www.strava.com/activities/74134712

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
A rare 21 miles for me :hyper::laugh:
Two weeks holiday, no gym in the hotel :sad: (i always make good use of excercise bikes when i'm on holiday, but not this time)...didnt get out for two weeks before the hols...:whistle:
Lungs still dont fill without some restriction...7 months and i'm still feeling the after effects. Still...21 miles, :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom