Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rather surprised nobody has mentioned the BHF ride from Manchester to Blackpool, a ride that had every thing going for it, well sign posted route, perfect weather with a neat tail wind that must have produced some P/B's ( it may not have been a race but some of the young tigers and tiger'eses were certainly belting along) For me I got a far better time than I expected. Some would say it is a pity that the staff at Blackpool railway station conspired to take icing off the cake with a "Job's worth" attitude to wards a sizable group of us but on reflection a near riot at the station just added a bit of drama to the ride (averted by the sensible attitude of some older heads) , like dodging some of the drunks we passed in the early hours it is now a laugh and a giggle.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
36 miles this morning. First ride with clipless pedals and new shoes. Climbed just under 4,000ft, in a tad over 2.5 hrs. Average speed of 13.5mph. Not the best time in the world but I haven't been out in nearly 3 weeks. Was relatively happy considering I took it easy. What bugged me was all the segments on strava that I could've got placed on..... Still now I know they're there, I'll get 'em next time.
Some stunning views to take in where I am (west Wales)...... Loved my spin today :smile:

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
I set off this morning heading for Stirling to check out a 25mile TT route. It was gloriously sunny on departing but 3 miles down the road i was enveloped by fog. Thinking it was probably just patchy i carried on but after climbing to higher ground and being unable to see through the film of moisture on my glasses, i stopped. I turned around and headed for home on a higher route to come back out of the fog. It seemed that for a radius of a couple of miles around Dollar it was sunny and everywhere else was fog bound. Strange...

A couple of hours later, after breakfast, i set off again heading east (opposite direction) having decided on a route i thought might make a favourable 25 mile TT. No problems with visibility this time. The route i planned amazingly came in dead on the 25 miles and i covered it 1hr 7mins 48 secs at an avg speed of 22.1mph. Quite pleased with that but i'll need to find another 3mph to break the hour. Seems unlikely but you never know! Got to have a realistic target to aim for, so i'll set 1hr 6min as an interim goal. (And keep trying to find a faster circuit!)
was pretty good weather wise in stirling this morning....i headed out kippen way early not to windy early on

Born2die

Well done, if you continue past Kingsbury then turn right onto the main road theres Middleton Hall a couple of miles down the main road on the right. I work in Nuneaton, Triton Showers, commute Coventry Nuneaton and back by bike most days.
Thanks will have a good luck next weekend I'm still trying to get my back pain under control again it's agony after mile 20. That's a good commute every day there are some nice routes too and from.

This was mine today http://www.strava.com/activities/85697620

Is HERE ^_^

First proper ride for several months. Very happy with the result though. I kept the route easy and the distance low, but headwinds cost my average speed a bit, although to be honest I'm just riding for me and for enjoyment from now on, not for numbers.

Thanks to @Broughtonblue, your THREAD seems to have kick started me. Been out for 3 runs this past week and the ride today. Hope you're getting your mojo back as well buddy:cheers:
Unfortunately not I'm afraid

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Nice 59 miles today really good ride, we were joined by three 16 year olds, they did really well tried to push us old ones a bit but we were still there at the end, give them a couple of years they could be good, as long as they stay with it. Hopefully they will join us for a few more rides. it's good to see the youngsters putting in the effort.^_^

Unfortunately not I'm afraid
Sorry to hear that, I know only to well what it's like when you get in that frame of mind.

Just think of a short route that you can do, distance really doesn't matter, and give it a go. I'm sure once you get the wind in your face you'll remember all the great times you've had on two wheels in the past.

Chin up buddy, you can break the stalemate if you want to :hugs:

KEEF

Veteran
Went out this morning and to be honest it was a struggle the dizzy wizzines got me every time I stood up on the pedals but I got round and have lain on the couch all day:headshake::headshake::headshake:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nothing this weekend,
still under the weather from all the painkillers for the root filling so i felt light headed and sleepy .
According to the blurb you should only take co-codamol for 3 days but i needed it for closer to 6 so i reckon i am on a big downer caused by withdrawal symptoms.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
32 miles around the lanes of Potters Bar, Essendon, Hertford. A stop there for coffee and a chocolate croissant. We took a wrong turn out of Hertford and did a lap of the McMullens brewery before finding the right road. Then back through Brickendon, Bayford, Newgate Street, Northaw, Potters Bar, Barnet and home to watch the World Champs.

Fresh on the heels of my "try out my new lights / run the gauntlet of the Brechin nightlife of a Saturday " run, i had a pre teatime post "in laws visit " jaunt this afternoon. I'm still trying to get my mileage back up not having been out in the previous months so i got a grand total of 8 miles with a nasty headwind in places. Out round by the golf course and down the hill to Little Brechin then up through Pittendreich Farm. Diet coke break at Tesco ( no shirts were slowly removed i'm pleased to say). Then home for tea. Going a wee bit off piste i was at a car boot sale today and there was a Dawes hybrid style for sale .Guy wanted £45 and having checked it over it was ok. Being a canny Scot i walked away to see how things pan out. Couple of hours in and bike still there. I gave him 30 mins more before coming in with a killer offer but he had packed up and left. Win some lose some. Ride safe folks . Mike.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom