Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
1st time out on the new bike today. Been on the turbo trainer for the last few months and it was so nice to get out for real.

Until a visit from the pu**ture gremlins :evil:

So the bike is great, the discs are great in the wet, the tyres are cr@p and will be binned asap.
Welcome back to the real world. :highfive:

(PS your avatar is giving me motion sickness xx()

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Back to the National Trust site at Styal for a "shorter" 41 miler ride to carry out my second day of chainsaw training. Felled two trees that were not in the best of health and I am pleased with gaining these new skills.The only downside with doing such hard and difficult work like that is I am so knackered riding home !

GrasB

Veteran
I haven't been riding lately. in fact I've been MIA for a while now. took a bad tumble off my bike about 11 days ago and apart from cuts & bruises, broke a couple of teeth so I've been home mostly. today's my first day back at work and feeling up to a ride tonite..... but i'm guessing i'm gonna be riding pretty sloooooooooooow lol :crazy: wish me luck peeps... hopefully no more tumbles in the near future, in fact, no more tumbles ever :biggrin:
Ouch & GWS. I share your pain, quite literally as I lost an argument with a tree :B)

Martin McNeely

Back from me hols in Fuerteventura, and now able to upload some photo's (sorry) The holiday went well with about 250 miles covered on the hired bike (mainly in the mornings due to the heat) the roads were a mixture of very good to bl**dy awful some finishing abruptly. I did not cover the entire island due to the heat to get to the south side I would have had to stay there for the day before the return journey and I think my beloved may have objected. The drivers have to be the most courteous I have ever met whilst on a bike. I only had 1 puncture which wasn't much of a surprise considering the road I was on at the time but thankfully I was supplied with spare tube and puncture kit. I can recommend Easyriders to anyone thinking of hiring a bike over there. View attachment 26343 View attachment 26344

Hi, I know this is an old post but I'm cycling in fuerteventura shortly and was wondering where in the island you went.
I'm going to corralejo and taking my own bike, disappointed with easy riders lack of communication via emails. I'm intending to do about 150 mile with some more TT Training in late afternoon,longer rides early in the morning. What did you think of the main roads?
Cheers

Justiffa

Ouch & GWS. I share your pain, quite literally as I lost an argument with a tree :B)

Lordy, a tree? couldn't u pick someone ur own size 'GrasB' hehehehe (j/k) :giggle: i'm much better now tqvm although i'm still going round with only half of my front teeth..its gonna be some time before the roots are all nice & stable :girldance:

Justiffa

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Hi, I know this is an old post but I'm cycling in fuerteventura shortly and was wondering where in the island you went.
I'm going to corralejo and taking my own bike, disappointed with easy riders lack of communication via emails. I'm intending to do about 150 mile with some more TT Training in late afternoon,longer rides early in the morning. What did you think of the main roads?
Cheers
sorry for any delay in getting back, I am away from the site a bit too frequently at the mo, I stayed in Correlejo and can say that the main roads are for the most part superb and the free island map is just about all you need. I am surprised that easyriders are slack with the replys because they were on the ball with mine but we all have different experiences. If you are on strava and want to see my rides on the island, I am' Gaz Wright 4TCC' and I was there from about the 5th July 2013. I would say stay away from the smaller coast roads but you will work that out when you get there. I never got to the south of the island as it would have meant being out at midday and that would have been far to hot at that time of year. Enjoy yourself and don't forget to keep up the fluids when out there.

Gaz

Martin McNeely

sorry for any delay in getting back, I am away from the site a bit too frequently at the mo, I stayed in Correlejo and can say that the main roads are for the most part superb and the free island map is just about all you need. I am surprised that easyriders are slack with the replys because they were on the ball with mine but we all have different experiences. If you are on strava and want to see my rides on the island, I am' Gaz Wright 4TCC' and I was there from about the 5th July 2013. I would say stay away from the smaller coast roads but you will work that out when you get there. I never got to the south of the island as it would have meant being out at midday and that would have been far to hot at that time of year. Enjoy yourself and don't forget to keep up the fluids when out there.

Gaz
Thanks for the advice, I've added you on strava. It wouldn't let me view your fuerteventura rides. I did a bit of googling and seen some of the coast roads looked rough. How busy did you find the two main roads into corralejo?

Wayne Tully

Had the afternoon off work, ended up taking the MTB out,

Started in Faversham headed through Seasalter,down to Whitstable into Tankerton, had a guy try to overtake me whilst a car was going around a parked on the otherside of the road TWICE I pulled over and let him past, better safe than sorry, the rain was chucking it down so I stopped at Tankerton for a coffee:

1609642_10152164310629165_1687198708_n.jpg

1609642_10152164310624165_274619134_n.jpg

1609642_10152164310619165_1443646115_n.jpg

Headed off to the Crab and Winkle Way which is an old railway line between Canterbury and Whitstable that has been converted into a bike trail, the weather stated to brighten up at this point.

1609642_10152164310614165_1264744167_n.jpg

Climb into Blean Woods

1609642_10152164310609165_135072844_n.jpg

Blean Woods

1609642_10152164310604165_257366521_n.jpg

Some of the terrain was a bit hard going:

1609642_10152164310594165_711930174_n.jpg

Church on the way into Canterbury

1609642_10152164310589165_1641654006_n.jpg

I then continued into Harbledown along the A2 into Boughton and back to Faversham at this point I decided as the weather was picking up I would continue so I headed up through Painters Forstal through Eastling towrads Lenham, the weather had picked up by this point.

1609642_10152164310599165_2058486674_n.jpg

I then dropped down into Doddington, through Newnham upto Bysing Wood down into Oare and home, a nice bimble.

1621770_10152164503384165_651046908_n.jpg

70.8KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom