Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
L
Had the afternoon off work, ended up taking the MTB out,

Started in Faversham headed through Seasalter,down to Whitstable into Tankerton, had a guy try to overtake me whilst a car was going around a parked on the otherside of the road TWICE I pulled over and let him past, better safe than sorry, the rain was chucking it down so I stopped at Tankerton for a coffee:

1609642_10152164310629165_1687198708_n.jpg

1609642_10152164310624165_274619134_n.jpg

1609642_10152164310619165_1443646115_n.jpg

Headed off to the Crab and Winkle Way which is an old railway line between Canterbury and Whitstable that has been converted into a bike trail, the weather stated to brighten up at this point.

1609642_10152164310614165_1264744167_n.jpg

Climb into Blean Woods

1609642_10152164310609165_135072844_n.jpg

Blean Woods

1609642_10152164310604165_257366521_n.jpg

Some of the terrain was a bit hard going:

1609642_10152164310594165_711930174_n.jpg

Church on the way into Canterbury

1609642_10152164310589165_1641654006_n.jpg

I then continued into Harbledown along the A2 into Boughton and back to Faversham at this point I decided as the weather was picking up I would continue so I headed up through Painters Forstal through Eastling towrads Lenham, the weather had picked up by this point.

1609642_10152164310599165_2058486674_n.jpg

I then dropped down into Doddington, through Newnham upto Bysing Wood down into Oare and home, a nice bimble.

1621770_10152164503384165_651046908_n.jpg

70.8KM

loveley photos. Many thanks

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Thanks for the advice, I've added you on strava. It wouldn't let me view your fuerteventura rides. I did a bit of googling and seen some of the coast roads looked rough. How busy did you find the two main roads into corralejo?
The main roads were not that busy but very smooth with some stunning riding to be had.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Rubbish would describe my ride today:sad: After a great visit to the physio, got stretched in nicely, togged up warm and set off. About 2 miles in my head hurt, and by 3 miles was a cracking migraine on the way. Struggled to get home upright and with my eyes open, and went to bed which I where I stayed dosed up on pain killers.
No pics from me today then...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Rubbish would describe my ride today:sad: After a great visit to the physio, got stretched in nicely, togged up warm and set off. About 2 miles in my head hurt, and by 3 miles was a cracking migraine on the way. Struggled to get home upright and with my eyes open, and went to bed which I where I stayed dosed up on pain killers.

Hope you get better soon

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Thanks for the advice, I've added you on strava. It wouldn't let me view your fuerteventura rides. I did a bit of googling and seen some of the coast roads looked rough. How busy did you find the two main roads into corralejo?
there were other rides too, I will post them if the last links worked.

Martin McNeely

there were other rides too, I will post them if the last links worked.

The links worked perfect, I've already planned the same route. I'm hoping to go to puerto de Rosario. I'm also hoping to use the fv-7 road towards Rosario for some Tt traing as it looks flat. The tindaya climb looks a good one.

Justiffa

Hope u're feeling better....migraines can be a real bummer, tk care :rose:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Contrary to the forecast it's been dry but overcast here all day so this afternoon after double checking the rainfall radar to make sure it was going to stay dry, I risked heading out for a quick ride on one of my regular routes: Lyth Hill, Condover, Atcham, Upton Magna, Uffington, Shrewsbury & back home. (that was the plan at least).

With a strongish south easterly wind I knew that I'd have assistance on the most open section of the ride, hence going that way round, but it meant riding the first couple of miles against the wind. From Condover that turned into a cross wind so it wasn't slowing me down at all, but it started to drizzle which was annoying. It wasn't heavy though so I carried on.

At Atcham I was passed while taking a photo by another cyclist who proceeded to head the way I was planning to go. I decided to give chase and initially seemed to be gaining but once past the very slight climb past Attingham Park he went up a gear and just strolled away from me.:bicycle: That was the last I saw of him.

By this point the drizzle was more constant so I decided to cut out the Upton Magna section (I'm planning to ride that way with @gavgav tomorrow anyway) and head straight for Uffington.

Somewhere around this point the slight drizzle slowly turned into heavy rain,:rain: but did it so gently I didn't notice how wet it was getting until I was pretty soaked.:blush: There was no point putting on the waterproofs when I was already wet through :rolleyes: so I carried on anyway, heading into Shrewsbury and through The Quarry.

I thought I was being clever with my route out of town by using a section that was further but (I thought) faster. This belief was proved to be incorrect when I did my second overtake of a cyclist I'd already passed in The Quarry.:shy:

19.1 soggy miles at 13 mph average. I must be improving my winter fitness as the average speeds are creeping back up towards what I'd manage on this bike in the summer.:thumbsup:

DSC02432.JPG

Lyth Hill and the cloud base is low enough to obscure the Stretton hills.

DSC02433.JPG

The new and old bridges at Atcham.

DSC02434.JPG

The Victorian premises of Morris Lubricants. More stylish than most modern factories.

Last edited:

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
The links worked perfect, I've already planned the same route. I'm hoping to go to puerto de Rosario. I'm also hoping to use the fv-7 road towards Rosario for some Tt traing as it looks flat. The tindaya climb looks a good one.
http://www.strava.com/activities/65310634
http://www.strava.com/activities/65587243
http://www.strava.com/activities/66288891

I think the other rides are repeats or near enough, What I would say is the wind can be a bit strong and I found it to be mainly on the returns so watch for that, and also in the small villages watch for the dogs as bike chasing is a bit of a sport for them.
Happy riding
Gaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom