Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
A like for everything other than the prat in the car!! You found the archway along the canal path then !
Yes, the arch is quite impressive. I don't like the way the top section is supported - could come down if we have another big blow so hopefully someone will come and take it down soon.

As for the moron in the car; I was :cursing: but have had :cuppa: and am only :rolleyes: about it now.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Quick (or not so quick) 19 miles, sunny but blowy out there, tookme by surprise a couple times, nearly blowing me into the verge where there were gaps in hedges etc.
Nothing to report, just good to be out there.

Combi

Had a good ride this morning despite (a) nibbly cold drizzle even out in the sunlight and (b) a flat less than 2 miles from home. Between drizzle and cold fingers I declined to take out my precious iPhone for pictures. 14.3 miles, a couple of good, steep climbs and (Strava says) 6 PB's. I think I earned breakfast! :hungry:

An important, if minor, achievement as a somewhat novice Amurrican (correct pronunciation) expat: I finally learned how to navigate a side-by-side roundabout that has vexed me until now:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bs...19.753418&hnear=BS48,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=19

I should mention that the CycleChat FAQ for commuters has helped considerably. Many thanks for that! :thumbsup:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Sorry its not from today but yesterday, and as I did'nt get home until about 9pm last night so did'nt write anything up as I was too busy with errrrr, booze and cake ^_^

Yesterday I rode 2 more lines of my ride the tube series, the District Line and Hammersmith and City line. Thats 9 of the 11 main lines ridden so far with just the Northern and Piccadilly line to go. I left the house and 8.30am and got back just after 9pm. 116 singlespeed miles from West to East London and back again with a very visible contrast in wealth between the two. The sun shone, beer was consumed but there was a total lack of cake:headshake:

Full report over at https://www.lfgss.com/thread120840.html

first ride since i had a fall in early december,the wife bought me a turbo trainer for xmas but to honest i've only been on it about three times.

Put new tyres on (gatorskins) and away i went,intended to do just a little ten mile warm up ride but ended doing twenty five instead.
Bit cautious on the bends after last time but just need to get my confidance back.

What a great way to start the weekend, a great ride with mates, a hair of the dog cure, Great Cake and Birthday Drinks (Happy Birthday Mate) and then the first ride in short sleeves :-)

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/2262161

Olive Branch.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Blowing a hooley at my normal depart time, rolled over and snored again....
Mid morning, a glimpse of sun and what looked like a drop in wind (I was fooled)..
Off dodging potholes towards the local track and after a mile if was off to a Strava segment or two..
RiverGryfeatBoW_zps3b3c2982.jpg

Mmmm, wind into face but over back on to B788 heading NW then a quick off down back roads finally meeting the B786 and after a quick mile it was a left down Torr Rd towards Bridge of Weir joining the track for a couple of miles.

Off left once again but on the return journey via the Barochan Rd before another sharp left on to Locher Rd, a few up and downs then back on to the track and wind into the face on exposed sections, 22.5 mile later, home to a cuppa:cuppa:

Attachments

• RiverGryfeatBoW_zps3b3c2982.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 31
Went out with the intention of getting some pics of the Trent at full flow, didn't make it there, only a few miles out and the Ti seatpost bolt sheared and my seatpost slid down a good 3 inches, I didn't fancy marking the new carbon post so decided to turn around, the 4ish mile ride home was pretty tough as it was all flat and I couldn't sit down, had to plod home in as high a gear as possible, luckily there was enough of the bolt left to get hold of with some thin nose pliers and remove it..........new steel bolt in and all back to normal, will have another go in the morning.............hopefully with no drama.

jayonabike