Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BirdOnnaBike

Out with the 9 and 11 year olds - did about 10 miles or so there and back again, along our bit of the Transpennine track. (Nice flat bit, near York). 9 year old only learned to ride this year and it was his third or so go out on the new Ridgeback he got for xmas, so he did pretty well.

Roscoe

Veteran
First ride of 2012 done this morning. 11.3 miles in hail, high winds and low temperature. Really enjoyed it, face glowing now.

Think it's Guinness time, back to work tomorrow.

I just dreamt I was cycling today, to have cycled would have been a nightmare.^_^
Woke up to ice everywhere and snow down almost to sea level. By the time the surface ice had thawed sufficiently the wind strength had increased dramatically and visibility was reduced by driving snow.Brrrrrrr.
Not quite as bad as that but we had similar forecast but apart from the wind it wasn't actually that bad, I got out for a few miles with the club, then popped along the road to wish a mate Happy New Year :-)

beermonster

Über Member
36 miles up and down Devon hills, achy knees at the end but enjoyable!

Pedal pusher

Veteran
I popped to the PO and back a whole 1 mile with a staggering 60ft of climbing, I don't know whether that even counts as a ride. The weather was cr@p and I'd drank too much last night :cheers: :blush: I'll hopefully get a few more miles in tomorrow.
Don't hold your breath. Took a friend up from England to the falls of dochart 4 seasons in one day supposed to be the same tomorrow:sad:

Paladin - York

Went out with a tail gale - ecstatic, blown up steepie etc, but then came the halfway point! Don't care much for having to pedal down a 20%er. 8.89 miles.

albion

Guru
I did 30 miles yesterday around Durham , near my maximum until better weather arrives.

Thank god I had thick leather gloves on. I slid gently onto the iced ground on the East Rainton back lane.
Certainly one to avoid unless milder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom