Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
Just a couple of miles each way but I drove over to my Aunt's and cycled in to the finish of the Women's Tour. Got chatting to a couple with matching celeste Bianchis (about my old steel skip find ss pub bike) and we were all invited into hospitality as we looked like cyclists! Absolutely fantastic day.
Great to meet Sabrina Stultiens again (after MK CX last year)
DSC_0502.JPG DSC_0513.JPG DSC_0537.JPG IMG_20150618_201613[1].jpg DSC_0557~2[1].jpg IMG_20150618_181715[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150618_201347[1].jpg
    IMG_20150618_201347[1].jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Must be getting hot on Mallorca Dave. September before Im back again

Today got a bit warm Andy. My ride ended around 1pm. I lazed around for an hour or 2 then wandered down to the beach for a swim. Once out i had to sit in the shade.
Are you doing the event that's in September?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
You passed thru Campenent, a group of us used this village as a base last year.

If you pass thru again try the ES club bar in the square - cyclist sized portions on offer ;-)

I was tempted to stop there but it was getting a bit warm by then so I elected to keep on rolling. That bend on the hill from Caimari to Selva was a cheeky little hill!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Up at 2 am just to see what it's like and check my lights.
22 miles around the local lanes with only 2 cars was nice as was cycling as the dawn arrived
Home for breakfast before 5 !! Most fun I've had in ages

https://app.strava.com/activities/328415266
I've often thought that a sunrise ride would be great fun, but so's watching it from the comfort of my bed (east facing window).

robjh

Legendary Member
Another week in midsummer, another long evening ride. It was a warm afternoon and evening, and following the southerly wind I left work in Coventry just after 4 and headed south for Oxford. I did a very similar ride last year, but I varied the start of the route a bit, and headed out of Coventry on smaller roads towards Harbury and Bishop’s Itchington. I then took the road through Burton Dasset country park, which lies on a strange lumpy plateau with a mix of natural hillocks and traces of quarrying, with some steep climbs and good views.

I was soon onto Edge Hill, which is one of my favourite riding areas in these parts, and I stayed on the ridge to take me down towards Hook Norton through the green rolling Cotswold countryside. I avoided Chipping Norton this time, but wove down to Enstone and Charlbury, and thence to Eynsham and its toll bridge over the Thames, and finally rode into Oxford at about 8.45pm.

I had imagined getting here earlier and having more time to look round but I (not for the first time) underestimated the effect of the tiny roads and constant up and down on my speed, and had only time for a quick dash up to the Bodleian Library and surroundings before rushing back to get my 9.30 train.

The train was late and I alighted at Leamington Spa at 10.30. I finished with a final 10 miles in the deep twighlight, with the western horizon still red and Venus shining huge and low in the sky behind me. 77 miles in all door-to-door.

A few photos :
Burton Dassett
20150618 (6) Burton Dasset - C.jpg

Oxford
20150618 (12) Oxford-C.jpg
20150618 (16) Oxford-C.jpg

and the route
Oxford ride 20150618.JPG

SpaCyclist

Yesterday was the only day this week when I had time for a long ride, so I decided to extend one of my routes from last year.

I started off heading West up Wharfedale, climbing up to Kirkby Overblow and then on as far as Pool in Wharfedale. Kirkby Overblow was aptly named today! there was a strong and quite gusty wing blowing into my face down the valley. I carried on a little further West and then turned North climbing up Stainburn Bank (17% according to the sign). I rode up this hill last Autumn, and ran out of energy shortly before the top, so my objective was no stopping today. I took it steady, made it up, and was able to carry on riding - job done!

After a short respite, I turned West again, towards little Almscliffe Crag. The road here is very exposed, and it felt as if somebody was pulling me backwards. After passing the summit I had the somewhat irritating experience of having to pedal downhill to make progress. I crossed the busy A59, cycled past the "Golf Balls" of Menwith Hill communication monitoring station, then dropped down towards Birstwith. I missed a turn just outside Birstwith, and ended up dropping down a 16% hill into the village, the climbing a 14% hill back out again. Good for the legs in the long term I suppose! After passing through Hampstwaite, I climbed up Clint Bank and down through Bedlam to Ripley. The wind was now behind me and, with no sharp bends to work about I had an exhilarating run down her.

I stooped in Ripley for a coffee and cake (and managed to dodge a few spots of rain), before heading home through Knaresborough and Wetherby. the wind was now behind me, and, in spite of tired legs, I recoded a whole list of PR's on the return run.

No photos today, as our daughter has taken our rugged camera away on holiday. However, this is the route:

Leathley-etc.jpg

The detail can be seen here: https://www.strava.com/activities/327993810

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A shorter ride today down to the salt pans at albufera marsh.
Stood around for half an our and saw purple heron, stacks of little egrets, black winged stilt, red backed shrike, marsh harrier and best of all..... A bee eater.
Rode back to Pollensa and had breakfast at Tolo's but then couldn't face taking the bike back just yet. I was sat thinking "why do I have to go back."
image.jpg

So I rode on to Cala San Vincenc up to Pollensa and returned via the lanes.

Still not seen a Hoopoe on this trip!

http://www.strava.com/activities/328518381

Levo-Lon

Guru
Little ride out doing the favoured evening ride in reverse.about 18miles
nice day ,little windy in exposed spots but the river looked perfect for dropping a hook in..
and the pie factory from weds trip to twin lakes...

few pics of thorpe wood golf course, i used to be a right bandit on that course ,often shooting under 80 on a par 71 yellow tees with a 11 Hc..just sets up nice for me that one

20150619_140107-1.jpg
20150619_140107-1.jpg
20150619_132204.jpg
20150619_133113.jpg
20150619_133741.jpg
20150619_134744.jpg
20150619_140104.jpg
20150617_145451.jpg

Top Bottom