Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Had arranged to meet @tallliman this morning for a ride together the first for some time . Out the door at 9.45 into lovely winter :sun:. Took my commuting route to meeting point in Quorn arrived about 5 mins early . @tallliman soon arrived after a quick chat about where we're heading and a catch up were on our way .Quorn ,Mountsorrel ,Sileby and Cossington ,really nice to be riding and chatting away such a nice change . In Cossington there was a ping from @tallliman bike not sure if he'd ran over something so we pulled over to discover a broken spoke on the front wheel :sad: . No need to risk it so we turned tail and took a steady ride back to Quorn . I stayed with @tallliman until Loughborough where after another chat we parted company . I elected to do the long climb up Forest road which somehow I managed it in the big ring despite a headwind . Did 3\4 of the climb before turning down Charley rd around the back of Bradgate park into Newtown Linford and home clocked up 32 miles do a metric half century ticked off . Really enjoy the shorter than planned time with @tallliman the miles certainly pass quicker while chatting away

Had arranged to meet @tallliman this morning for a ride together the first for some time . Out the door at 9.45 into lovely winter :sun:. Took my commuting route to meeting point in Quorn arrived about 5 mins early . @tallliman soon arrived after a quick chat about where we're heading and a catch up were on our way .Quorn ,Mountsorrel ,Sileby and Cossington ,really nice to be riding and chatting away such a nice change . In Cossington there was a ping from @tallliman bike not sure if he'd ran over something so we pulled over to discover a broken spoke on the front wheel :sad: . No need to risk it so we turned tail and took a steady ride back to Quorn . I stayed with @tallliman until Loughborough where after another chat we parted company . I elected to do the long climb up Forest road which somehow I managed it in the big ring despite a headwind . Did 3\4 of the climb before turning down Charley rd around the back of Bradgate park into Newtown Linford and home clocked up 32 miles do a metric half century ticked off . Really enjoy the shorter than planned time with @tallliman the miles certainly pass quicker while chatting away

It was a good fun hour out of the house.....shame I've discovered 3 bent wheels on my bikes in 2 days! :laugh:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Steve E, Margaret PR and me at the meet. Steve called Ledbury for something different so off through to Castlemorton with a rainbow shining over the Malverns. A flood at Birt's Street got my feet wet. I had to ride it twice as the others were not keen. So we dodged by Coombe Green instead. There was a bit more water across the lane approaching the in spate river at Clencher's Mill. Ledbury was teeming with people. We had drinks outdoors and then had to do major battle with a gridlocked Ledbury high street. We rode over Hollybush and dodged by The Gullet and Druggers End. I rode back to Upton and diverted around the flooded back lane to take my usual route home. Nice wee social outing today. Lovely sunshine too. 44 smiles

Shocking weather lately and lack of time meant a local short road ride on the MTB as the roads are pretty much in off road conditions

cW6EHkouQx2zY6Mps6wYaQ.jpg

kQwmFCENQWSCBfbEhIUDXA.jpg
M3ftIr+UTJqmpcQSHRUNyg.jpg
AtQA8Z4aSiW0otV2lOm0%Q.jpg
GciaeCMDRY6a+yP56k8giw.jpg

gavgav

Guru
I decided to head out, after watching the Liverpool match on TV, to do my annual pre-Christmas ride to see both my Nan’s and Grandad’s resting places. There looked to be a 90 minute window, where I could beat the rain.......

Mild out and I’d over layered again, as I began by heading down to the Crematorium, which is about a mile away and spending a few minutes there. I then went through Sutton Farm, negotiating the deadly leaf mulch on the old railway path, plus down the cycle paths to Meole Brace. Do councils ever clear it off cycle paths?

At Meole I was all set to go under the road bridge, but had to come to an abrupt halt, as the brook had badly flooded and I’d have been up to my waist in water! Continued up the cycle paths to Shelton, then along Calcot Lane and to Bicton Church, to spend a few minutes there.

It had got considerably darker and there was huge black looking sky approaching, which by the time I’d walked round to the grave had started to deposit big spots of rain, 40 minutes earlier than forecast. Changed into my waterproof and set off back to Gains Park, with the rain now absolutely hammering down.

I then went through the new estate, to Radbrook and along Mousecroft Lane, where there was a chap making a right pigs ear of trying to reverse a caravan into a driveway. The wind was howling now and the rain coming sideways at me from the South, at times.

Final section was through Meole village and home with 13.92 miles on the clock, at 11.6 mph avg and me absolutely drenched from head to toe. Still important to have done this ride though.

AndreaJ

Veteran
After lots of rain this week it was sunny this morning although windy. Headed off towards Whixall, over to Fenns Bank, Fenns Wood, Alkington back into Whixall then turned to Hollinswood, Coton, Abbeygreen needing a different route to Ryebank to avoid the lane to Edstaston which would be flooded so went to Paddolgreen, Ryebank, Horton and home. Everywhere is still wet, muddy and covered in hedge cuttings but at least the wind was starting to dry the lanes up, unfortunately it started raining again this afternoon ( just as we had to walk the dogs☹️)- muddy bike and 2 wet, muddy dogs and I seem to spend a lot of time cleaning all of them.

Had to take the first mile along the rocky foreshore on the fixie today as......

.... the "river" pictured above is my normal cycle path. ^_^

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Back in the game!
Distance? About 1/2 mile, around the block. Pleased? Oh, yes! :okay:
After Friday's one-sided face-ground fight, I actually wanted to see how my knee was feeling. It seemed okay - the raw surfaces have hardened nicely. I'm feeling a bit grotty - probably due to side-effects of the precautionary antibiotics, but my Tigger bounce is definitely lurking just beneath the surface. Onwards!
A photo of my local park - just for the sheer hell of it. :whistle:

photo (10).JPG

Gunk

Guru
1st club ride and ride of any distance in around 6 weeks to Bosworth Battlefield cafe ,
It was chilly and the wind biting so we all stood outside with takeaway coffee with our jackets on and i was still shivering so much so it took my handsabout 15 miles till they got any feeling in them .
Very steady pace as TBH im out of shape atm View attachment 564208

View attachment 564209

View attachment 564210

View attachment 564211

View attachment 564212

You all look freezing, the 12k I did on the Tacx in the garage was far more appealing.

Top Bottom