Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I was wondering if you still had that shopper. The bloke I saw was riding a light blue Holdsworth I think.
Blimey, better check the garage! I've not seen another around here.

The shopper has had a seat post upgrade to one that's properly long enough for me ... She goes much better and is properly usable. L2B planned for it now!

Katherine

Guru
Today's ride was relatively short, 20 minutes each way or thereabouts.
We went to Keukenhof. I've seen a lot of gardens in my time, and I think this one tops them all. It was busy, but you can ignore the crowds!
Here are a few too many pictures.......
View attachment 124600

View attachment 124601

View attachment 124602

View attachment 124604

View attachment 124605

View attachment 124607

View attachment 124608

View attachment 124609

We got some funny looks. I think that was to do with the Lycra shorts, but it could have been for the new cycling shoes....
Stunning pictures! Like the shoes too.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Just a quick 9 miler here today after work. The Met Office had forecast thunderstorms and torrential downpours, so I knew that meant I'd be safe for a nice ride in dry, sunny weather, and I wasn't wrong.

A swallow flew over on Tubney Fen, near Reach, then I caught a glimpse of a short eared owl which flew over some farm buildings and upset the resident barn owl who had a right old go. The barn owl saw off the short eared owl and sat on a roof looking very pleased for himself.

Then on home via the 'hill' near Reach.

image.jpeg

View from the top with the windmill at Swaffham Prior just visible. Another one of my busy routes!

Back to the commute tomorrow with rain forecast, and I'm hoping they've got it wrong as usual.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Blimey, better check the garage! I've not seen another around here.

The shopper has had a seat post upgrade to one that's properly long enough for me ... She goes much better and is properly usable. L2B planned for it now!

I was considering the matter of taking the Dawes Kingpin on the Whitstable FNttC but I don't think I'm brave enough.

Another ride yesterday. People were coming later so time a little constrained

I set myself task of doing some hill reps and intervals, but abandoned the intervals
I can still feel the effects of Fri and Sun rides in my legs
However kept going round and nonetheless managed a decent average speed

Slightly cooler than yesterday despite the sun being out. Still pleasant to be in shorts with long sleeve jersey

All this on my usual Chertsey / Thorpe roads
29.04 miles @ 17 mph
807 feet climbed

https://www.strava.com/activities/544006578

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Today's target was April's 100km ride .before @Supersuperleeds points it out yes strava does say 55 miles When I've done 72.13 (honest) second day I've had issues with phone/ strava . Yesterday it stopped at 6 miles today it seemed to stopped after an hour then restarted when I recrossed my route .

This is where I checked my phone and discovered strava had paused at an hour and Id been out for 2 !! .

Don't know if this will help. Although I use Mapmyride rather than Strava, I had similar problems a few weeks ago. There seemed to be 2 main issues. The first was that I moved the app from the phone to its SD card, and the second which made it go very erratic was that I put the app in energy saving mode to preserve battery life. Since reversing these 2 space saving and energy saving measures, it has worked perfectly.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Did a 46 mile hilly ride yesterday, it nearly killed me, well my knees anyway, I was on my trike talk about slow average speed of 9.3 miles an hour it took me 4:57 hours.
I think my cleats must be at the wrong angle for my knees to be hurting after 23 miles as I didn't have anybody to come and pick me up I had to push on, today they feel OK so nothing damaged.....hopfully.

wherwell.jpg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
After a most unusual lay in, I headed out around 10am aiming for my April metric half. My last attempt ended badly, so I was a little apprehensive. Legs got another outing, and a lightweight long sleeve jersey with gilet was about right for the first 15 miles or so. I had a route planned on Garmin Connect, which I realised once again I had failed to send to the Edge 800, so I figured I'd wing it. All went well until I took an 'I know where I'm going' turn out of Windlesham towards Lightwater, and found myself on the M3 roundabout:rolleyes: Thanks to the white van man who had my back round that one:okay:
Back into Windlesham, a few new roads for me before heading into Sunninghill, more new bits to Ascot before finishing off in familiar territory at WGP. Planned route through there got binned as a few roads closed in the Park, it seems polo season has started so may be connected to that.
A glorious day for it, and chuffed to bits to manage the April metric half and a fast pace for me, making the 50 in just shy of 2 hours with an average speed of 15.7mph^_^
33.9 miles in total with 1093ft of climbing. Might have a day off tomorrow..

Old jon

Guru
The rest of life got in the way yesterday, so no ride. So, at ten o' clock this morning off I went. Three Holbeck lanes, Great Wilson Street and Crown Point Bridge, followed by the three rs of Regent Street, Roseville Road and Roundhay Road to the Oakwood Clock. I think I suffered a headwind up Boot Hill, but anyway, turn right at the very top onto Red Hall Lane, Skeltons and Thorner Lane to follow. At the bottom of Church Hill the bike decided to turn right and head for Bramham, where the rider took the road out to Clifford.

Kept straight on to Boston Spa, turn left for Wetherby and at the roundabout I just turned onto the A 58 for Leeds and home. 31.3 miles happily ridden.

Alex H

Legendary Member
The sun was shining today from the moment I got up until I shut the barn door setting out on the bike. :angry: Fortunately it appeared from time to time on my circular route, starting off with Vayres - this is the church in the centre of the village.

P4140198.jpg

Between Vayres and Viedeix, the road crosses a small stream. This is the river Charente, which rises in the village of Chéronnac, a few km to the south, before winding it's 381km journey to the sea at Rochefort.

P4140199.jpg

A quick stop at Videix to see the 12th century church, then onwards to Pressignac.

P4140200.jpg

Found these friendly horses by the road in Pressignac, then noticed the very large Centre Equestre des Lacs de Haute Charente, on the other side of the road :whistle:

P4140201.jpg

From Pressignac it was downhill for quite a way to La Graine river, where the bluebells are out.

P4140202.jpg

Uphill to Chassenon and into the valley of the Vienne ( the river is behind the tractor, somewhere)

P4140203.jpg

A slight detour to avoid Rochechouart and I ended up here for a quick stop before the last 5km and hill (up) home.

P4140204.jpg

The originally named 'Place du Chateau d'eau' :rolleyes:

route.jpg

50km in 2 1/2 hours with a quite surprising 738m of climbing.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went to see my mum in St Annes today. I drove there then rode my bike from her care home to Cleveleys and back, in total 15.5 miles. I think riding on the flat is over rated. It always seems to be windy and it's so monotonous. Anyway, cycling through Blackpool is dodgy! Taxis willing to cut you up, horse drawn carriages close passing and numpties just walking out in front of you like you aren't there! To add to that not one cyclist acknowledged my little waves, smiles or whatever. What an unfriendly place it is!:thumbsdown:

Top Bottom