Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cold Snail

Über Member
First 100 miler yesterday with @Cold Snail .. Did a trial run of the Man of Kent audax .. Sort of.
Used an old gps track but managed 183.4 km which is close enough to think I'll make the full 200k
Need to spend more time cycling and less in the Pub of course

https://app.strava.com/activities/267222131

A few photos.
oVbwq0ZmTBvS2Xt0KSI3SZLhWoB86EzIwbNGzX3AqaU.jpg

4m30s wait at the level crossing.

8bSYWY5J6XEXJcwSaekRLDtaT6XDx_W8hc-oilsGpao.jpg

We decided to skip the marshes and head up towards Ashford, this is at Evegate.

YSFRs3Hp2xWGHGlUkLnYD4Yl60JAnfNWQ1ksCH29Kjk.jpg

Last (intended) stop in Headcorn to fill the bottles one last time.

GeFT19Vyr9QWNtKJEZokgtZVHUI1B3RqtSs8dbYNiaA.jpg

The end, Golden Green at around 9pm.

dgBue-WCXzAkHsnTY2jwSdaLkNF968aIDV8ncTKgdQI.jpg

Two punctures on the £65 Tesco bike, one in the last 5-6 miles which was rather annoying.
This ride was almost double my previous best and apart from a numb right hand, I feel much better afterwards than I did on the 100k.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Whilst not a patch on @fatjel and @Cold Snail efforts, I forced myself out for the first time in a month. First time on a bike since episode 5, and since I'd been festering mentally all morning I thought a brief pedal would help.
Out with the MTB, since all the others I wear clipless with and I didn't fancy that given the state of my legs. Quickly became apparent which muscles have been destroyed this time, and I managed a grand total of 3.2 miles in about 30 minutes. Hard going but I've been here before so I have to grit my teeth, get my head down and get on with it. Physio has advised same rebuilding pattern again so that means a 'proper' ride every third day, which I was still following up until a month ago.
Nice to be back out again though:smile:

Whilst not a patch on @fatjel and @Cold Snail efforts, I forced myself out for the first time in a month. First time on a bike since episode 5, and since I'd been festering mentally all morning I thought a brief pedal would help.
Out with the MTB, since all the others I wear clipless with and I didn't fancy that given the state of my legs. Quickly became apparent which muscles have been destroyed this time, and I managed a grand total of 3.2 miles in about 30 minutes. Hard going but I've been here before so I have to grit my teeth, get my head down and get on with it. Physio has advised same rebuilding pattern again so that means a 'proper' ride every third day, which I was still following up until a month ago.
Nice to be back out again though:smile:
glad you are back out. 3 miles shatters me, then I have a long gentle downhill home. Roughly the same speed as well! Hard to accept given I did a 100 miler last summer, not to mention my various tours and frequent 100km days plus the 70km commute 3 times a week, but it is better than nothing and I suspect you had the same smile on your face that I did when I got out for the first time last week!

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Sneaked out for a quick 13 mile POETS day ride after work, as the forecast for the weekend is gloomy. Caught up with an old pal on the Lodes Way which was good. Only took one photo.
image.jpg

This is Tubney Fen, one of my favourite quiet routes hereabouts. As a miserable sod, I like being able to go for ages without seeing a soul, though when I do see old pals its always good too.

Not much about birdwise on the flatlands today, apart from a distant short eared owl. Plenty of fieldfares still lurking overhead- soon to be replaced I hope by swallows.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I haven't ridden since 22 February due to my depression, amongst other things. I had a CBT appointment at 1pm down in North Common and although I really really didn't feel like cycling I managed to get out on the bike eventually. I packed some sandwiches and an apple and also made a flask up. I also put my new pocket camera in my breast pocket. I planned on joining the Bristol to Bath railway path and the surgery was just off the path at North Common. I didn't plan on pushing too hard, having left 90 minutes to do the 9ish miles and eat my sandwiches before the appointment. I was glad I cycled when I got down to the Hambrook lights on the ring road. They were doing more roadworks there and there were long queues in the direction that I would have been travelling. I made my way from there on a direct route to Rodway Common and dropped down the zig zag path to the railway path. I stopped at the old station at Warmley to eat my sandwiches and then cycled the mile or so onto North Common and the appointment. After the appointment I cycled back to warmley for tea and cake before riding back round the ringroad. I got home to find that I had got some nice speed on the way home, picking up a QOM and a lot of PRs. The photos below are of things that are recognisable if you've cycled the railway path.

View attachment 82257

View attachment 82258

View attachment 82259

Ride is here: https://www.strava.com/activities/267015286/overview

Hugs
Archeress x

Nice ride @Archeress
Kudos for the QOM

BigAl68

Über Member
Went out at about 6am on the steel bike as need to get the miles in for doing the 100 mile ride at Eroica in June. Went out on my normal spin towards Radstock and then back through Keynsham and back to Bath along the cycle path. It was a bit chilly but no wind and now watching the six nations rewind on bbc2 with a pot of coffee.
DSC_1195.JPG

mooseracer

Guru
After 4 weeks and 2 days off the bike I thought it was time to get out there again, lazy so and so.

0.7 miles and a world of pain, but woohoo! :bicycle:^_^

https://www.strava.com/activities/267874986

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
101.5 miles of very hard work to get my March Imperial Century done.

Set of at 5:30am, was dry and cloudy so no problems with ice therefore the Allez came out for only the second time this year. Did my usual extended loop to get out of Leicester, so by the time I hit countryside I had done 10 miles and was only a couple of miles from home.

I headed south down the A5199 and through Kilby, at this point I realised the wind was coming from a north easterly direction and so I decided to change course and head into it and went up to Melton Mowbray on the B6047, blimey that is a bloody lumpy road!

Once at Melton Mowbray I decided to head north westerly on the A606 to Nottingham, this was even lumpier! Whilst heading to Melton Mowbray I had worked out I should be able to turn around at Nottingham and go back on myself to get back to Leicester and cover 100 miles. However at around 50 miles I went down a bloody steep hill (Upper Broughton / Nether Broughton area) and I decided there was no way I was going to be riding back up it!

At this point I stopped for a comfort break and decided to eat one of the two double deckers I had with me, it must have been colder than I thought as it was like rock (the chocolate!)

Anyway got to Nottingham and looped round and down into Loughborough, I then for some stupid reason decided to go do Beacon Hill, I reached it at 80 miles and thought I was going to die as I crawled up it. After that there was the shorted climb up Warren Hill and I then looped back round into Leicester. Time for a cup of tea (or three)

https://www.strava.com/activities/267911125

Top Bottom