Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My planned ride after a night on the Tennents Lager went thus..... as i step out of the shower i'm press ganged into a shopping trip. After said shopping trip i manage to sneak off for 8 miles of freedom . Great to see it being daylight later. The start of night rides me thinks.
More than me, alternating between peeing it down or blowing a gale interspersed with a puking 3 year old , you can guess how much i even contemplated a ride .

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Short ride yesterday once the wind had subsided a little.

From the village of Kellaton out to Start Point lighthouse & then onto South Allington.

image.jpg

image.jpg

https://www.strava.com/activities/275958580

Just the usual. Haven't been out for a couple of days because over doing it in Friday did me in literally and I have had to have a few quiet days.
So, your daily top up of trees continues.

IMG_2543.JPG

My OH has the day off work so decided to join me for the first 300meters of my ride... he's off to find even more mud than me! Oh and that is his manic grin... he's in one of those moods today.

IMG_2544.JPG

Early morning light... ish....

IMG_2551.JPG

Did I mention that this route was lined with trees? This is the scout camp and I think that could be a pond!

IMG_2552.JPG

Spring could be springing. The grass is definitely getting greener!

IMG_2557.JPG

Now to really confuse you. This is a wonderful silver birch tree and I do believe that it is the mother of all the others along here that share the same feature and that is the wonderful gnarly, twisted and knotted branches that it has. Quite unusual but really nice (and yes, I did take the picture with the correct vertical - it grows at an odd angle!)

Back to the 'I know I can do this distance' route today... :sad: :cry: but I need to play it safe. And I suspect that come Friday I will be on the roads by then because the campsite is filling up with caravans which means all chaos and confusion is going to break loose on the Whitegate Way soon (aka holiday makers, kids, dogs and long leads with dog walkers not paying attention) and it won't be fun, so come Friday I may just have to venture on roads for the first time but at least it will get me away from the mud! https://www.strava.com/activities/276334397

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Just the usual. Haven't been out for a couple of days because over doing it in Friday did me in literally and I have had to have a few quiet days.

View attachment 84196
My OH has the day off work so decided to join me for the first 300meters of my ride... he's off to find even more mud than me! Oh and that is his manic grin... he's in one of those moods today.

View attachment 84197

View attachment 84198
Did I mention that this route was lined with trees? This is the scout camp and I think that could be a pond!

View attachment 84199

View attachment 84200
Now to really confuse you. This is a wonderful silver birch tree and I do believe that it is the mother of all the others along here that share the same feature and that is the wonderful gnarly, twisted and knotted branches that it has. Quite unusual but really nice (and yes, I did take the picture with the correct vertical - it grows at an odd angle!)

Back to the 'I know I can do this distance' route today... :sad: :cry: but I need to play it safe. And I suspect that come Friday I will be on the roads by then because the campsite is filling up with caravans which means all chaos and confusion is going to break loose on the Whitegate Way soon (aka holiday makers, kids, dogs and long leads with dog walkers not paying attention) and it won't be fun, so come Friday I may just have to venture on roads for the first time but at least it will get me away from the mud! https://www.strava.com/activities/276334397
Well done for getting back out there, and enjoy the road riding, should be that little bit easier.

howdenbiker

I rode the Tour de Yorkshire stage 2 ride with Selby Cycle Club, Ned Boulting joined us as well as he wanted to ride the course. With the ride back to Selby it was 101 miles, my first century tiring as into the wind on the way back. Made harder work as I had to use the winter bike, it being the only one with mudguards.
The route goes from Selby to Market Weighton, Beverley, Malton, Stamford Bridge and finishes with a circuit around York.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

:sun:
Just a few shots from the last two days on the rides here in Northern Cyprus. Basicly it's GOOOOOOOD lol! :bicycle:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I rode the Tour de Yorkshire stage 2 ride with Selby Cycle Club, Ned Boulting joined us as well as he wanted to ride the course. With the ride back to Selby it was 101 miles, my first century tiring as into the wind on the way back. Made harder work as I had to use the winter bike, it being the only one with mudguards.
The route goes from Selby to Market Weighton, Beverley, Malton, Stamford Bridge and finishes with a circuit around York.

I'm originally from Beverley and I am seriously tempted to ride to Beverley for this stage to watch it

Well done for getting back out there, and enjoy the road riding, should be that little bit easier.
thank you and ... sadly the problem with the road riding is the road... out of the end of my lane I have a typical ungraded Cheshire climb which can be anything up to 25% or more (there is one locally where if you are going down it on a road bike, you just have to have faith that the tarmac is actually there - I am not kidding!)... so out of the end of my little lane you get a choice of left or right... left is a short and very sharp up into a sandstone cutting which then leads to a busy main road (A49) and into a housing estate... Left on the other hand leads up on to the hills, and is a somewhat longer and slightly less steep up...
neither are options that 2 partially paralysed legs currently want to consider. Even on my road bike, (actually every bike, road, mountain and touring) both are bottom gear grinds with no warm up!

I think I could be giving the impression that I don't like either option! The Whitegate Way is the only alternative and the only place I can get a trike off it is sadly passed the campsite! :cry:

Last edited:

Katherine

Guru

View attachment 84196

View attachment 84197

View attachment 84198

View attachment 84199

View attachment 84200

That really is a wonderful tree and asking to be climbed! Is it popular with the families that use the camp site?

That really is a wonderful tree and asking to be climbed! Is it popular with the families that use the camp site?
thankfully it is much further down the Whitegate Way than most families will walk so it is spared that (the kids get bored and take to hitting plants and foliage and pulling stuff up... I don't like them doing that), plus the bank it grows on is as steep as it could possibly be... but it is a wonderful tree. I have no idea what genetic abnormality has created those wonderful gnarly branches, it is most unusual for a silver birch to be like that and there are many more along the whitegate way that have this feature, just nowhere near as old as that one!

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
An appointment cancellation meant I had a bit of time for an unexpected ride this afternoon, which looking at the wind forecast for the next couple of days was a nice bonus.

I quickly planned a two hour route in my head which should miss the worst of today's breezes & headed out though Minstead to Lyndhurst & down Rhinefield Ornamental Drive, which is a lovely summer road under the shade of the giant redwoods & pine trees. From there it was down to Brockenhurst before picking up a tailwind to Beaulieu & some dodgy crosswinds across the forest to home for a bit of a speedy (for me anyway) 33 mile round trip, although my Strava data would suggest I have either a faulty ticker or a duff heart rate monitor! (probably the latter thankfully!)

https://www.strava.com/activities/276415288

003.JPG

No sun & sand for me so I've followed @SatNavSaysStraightOn 's theme of trees. :smile:

002.JPG

sgl5gjr

Quick one from me today.....an hour slot in my day.....nipped out on the recently purchased Triban 3 (red one) which had been out only once since new......after a new chain and Shimano bottom bracket change from the stock sh*t one (fussy bugger me)
Only 9.1 miles today, head wind was a sod..... but did it at an average of 13.9 mph with a max of 25.5 mph..... so I'm happy....

Top Bottom