Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnrmczip

Nothing to exciting but today's commute was excellent even though it was extremely cold wet and grey not to mention the wind great old Scottish weather for you though I suppose.

Wasn't brave enough to stop to take any pictures and learned I need a proper waterproof jacket when it's that nice oitside. None the less cycling along the side of the Clyde was enjoyable which is a different route to my normal. Nice to mix it up now and then.

Hope you all had fun out and about today and bring on the nice weather.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Well the last 4 days of cycling around Centerparcs with the family has been very enjoyable. 6yr old Nephew absolutely loves it, and as the park is essentially a car-free zone (apart form 2 days each week) you don't worry so much. Even the weather co-operated and rained a bit less that it had suggested.

He made sure he found plenty of little off-road tracks to play on, even insisting on riding uphill on one, only to meet a Duck walking up the path too. It was hilarious hearing him pinging his bell at this Duck to try and get it to move off the path :biggrin:

"I'm stuck behind a Duck Uncle Mike!!" :laugh:

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Took delivery of a pair of Black Jack tyres at the weekend, and today was my first chance to go for a ride on them. It really reminded me as to what a difference the tyres can make to a bike. . . . . . Ive spent the last month tootling around on a 1/2 worn pair old Conti Race King. I cant believe what a difference these Black Jacks have made. I am always looking for a tyre that will do a bit of everything. Road, gravel, grass, mud & so forth. First impressions of these Black Jacks was that they roll so very well on tarmac, almost zero drag, so I figured they would be a touch squirrelley on the loose, not at all, very sure footed, so it will be the mud that's going to let them down. I didn't have to go far to find some, and also found the Black Jacks to be grippy and reliable on the mud. So, no I don't have shares in Schwalbe, but once again, a tyre from that manufacturer that does what it says on the tin. A real JACK of all trades, exactly what my daily needs are. They may fall into some peoples idea of a budget tyre, but they suit me ( no pun intended ) down to the ground ! :okay:

Going to sum up my after tea ride for you....crazy wind ,crazy cold, crazy rain, crazy me. Determined to lose a bit of timber i headed out after tea round by the golf course . Head wind doing my nut in followed by my old friend Mr rain. Bloody cold up here tonight but they do say when the clocks shift it does get a bit colder for a while.Managed 8 mile before heading home for a shower. this looks like being my last jaunt through the week this week as i'm going to do a bit of overtime in the coming nights. This will almost certain mean sunny and warm weather for the rest of you to enjoy in the evenings . Enjoy.

jnrmczip

Going to sum up my after tea ride for you....crazy wind ,crazy cold, crazy rain, crazy me. Determined to lose a bit of timber i headed out after tea round by the golf course . Head wind doing my nut in followed by my old friend Mr rain. Bloody cold up here tonight but they do say when the clocks shift it does get a bit colder for a while.Managed 8 mile before heading home for a shower. this looks like being my last jaunt through the week this week as i'm going to do a bit of overtime in the coming nights. This will almost certain mean sunny and warm weather for the rest of you to enjoy in the evenings . Enjoy.

Thanks for taking the time out to do some overtime provide us with some nice weather haha. I'm almost 100% sure ill be swimming to work for the next few days the way the weather is though. P's I feel your pain weather was definitely against me today.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Not been easy for me to get on the web last few weeks, so my rides from the last couple of weeks - started with a Jaunt to Eyebrook Reservoir (109Km), then a ride down to Brixworth to view the eclipse - which I did at Naseby (106Km). A 60Km Jaunt to Monks Kirby on the Hybrid on the Sunday, then last Wednesday a ride down to Pitsford reservoir almost getting sunburnt in the process. Finished it off with a test ride - put new wheels on the Ti bike - Hope Mono RS hubs, H& son archetype rime, made up with DT swiss double butted spokes. Didn't want to go too far from home for a first ride just to see how things were but manages 106Km doing various loops getting down to Monks Kirby. A fab couple of weeks riding..... (photo - a couple of Geese who seemed a bit freaked by the eclipse)

Attachments

• march.jpg
    march.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 38

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Not been easy for me to get on the web last few weeks, so my rides from the last couple of weeks - started with a Jaunt to Eyebrook Reservoir (109Km), then a ride down to Brixworth to view the eclipse - which I did at Naseby (106Km). A 60Km Jaunt to Monks Kirby on the Hybrid on the Sunday, then last Wednesday a ride down to Pitsford reservoir almost getting sunburnt in the process. Finished it off with a test ride - put new wheels on the Ti bike - Hope Mono RS hubs, H& son archetype rime, made up with DT swiss double butted spokes. Didn't want to go too far from home for a first ride just to see how things were but manages 106Km doing various loops getting down to Monks Kirby. A fab couple of weeks riding..... (photo - a couple of Geese who seemed a bit freaked by the eclipse)
Nice one Pat. Don't forget to log it in the Metric Century a Month Challenge thread. Nice to see you are still in.
Donger.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Well the last 4 days of cycling around Centerparcs with the family has been very enjoyable. 6yr old Nephew absolutely loves it, and as the park is essentially a car-free zone (apart form 2 days each week) you don't worry so much. Even the weather co-operated and rained a bit less that it had suggested.

He made sure he found plenty of little off-road tracks to play on, even insisting on riding uphill on one, only to meet a Duck walking up the path too. It was hilarious hearing him pinging his bell at this Duck to try and get it to move off the path :biggrin:

"I'm stuck behind a Duck Uncle Mike!!" :laugh:
I do hope you got a photo of the errant duck!! :laugh:

MikeW-71

Veteran
I do hope you got a photo of the errant duck!! :laugh:
I think his Dad got one just in time before it wandered off. Kicking myself for not taking the GoPro with me this year :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Lovely part of the country's Coast line round there.
We've gone on holiday a couple of times to that area and once there you don't need to travel very far at all. A;ways seen lots of cyclists but the hills have put me off! And we've been down to the lighthouse and had a guided tour.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Not sure today was the best day to go for a ride, but it's a ride day on the physio plan so it was either out in the wind, or on the dreaded turbo trainer. Suitably togged up in longs and a waterproof I set off into the breeze, aiming for Windsor Great Park for a bit of shelter. I haven't done my metric 50 for March yet, and I need to be pushing myself on to rebuild as I really want to get back to work soon, so my target was set. Started out ok, lapping round the big lake & Savill Garden a couple of times. They've been doing a lot of rhododendron clearance at the Obelisk Pond so the shoreline has changed a bit over recent months:
31 Mar 2015 Obelisk Pond.jpg

The wind seemed to be picking up, and the bits into wind became really tough. I struggled to get above 8-10 mph into the wind, yet on the downwind stretches got to 15 - 20mph with little effort! Started getting busy after a couple of laps, so I headed out to the other side of the park by the Royal School. Not the best move, it's even more exposed and I felt like I was cycling in treacle at times. Stopped at the Golden Jubilee statue for a breather and food, I knew it was homeward bound from here, mostly downhill and with the wind behind me.
31 Mar 2015 Jubilee Horse.jpg

There does seem to be a theme of trees here recently, influenced by a certain @SatNavSaysStraightOn , so here's some interesting looking ones, no idea what they are though.
31 Mar 2015 Trees.jpg

By the time I was a couple of miles from home I was starting to feel it. Emergency Haribo's got me home. Has to go down as my toughest ride, but I'm really pleased to have hit the 50km mark. Now for a little lie down:tired:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
41 knackering miles in that horrible wind this afternoon! Ok i confess,25 outside the rest on the exercise bike but it still counts!:whistle: The wind was so strong i had to get off and walk quite a few times. I also experienced something i've never seen before. I was leaning into the wind to stay upright(when i was walking the bike)when my bike was lifted off the ground at a 45 degree angle. This isn't a lightweight carbon fibre bike by the way but a 15Kg Ridgeback!:ohmy:

Top Bottom