Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE 3624296, member: 9609"]Interesting looking bike, what is it - am not normally impressed by modern bikes, but that has something about it, a bit black, a bit sinister, hmmm or is it just the fact its not all covered in garish writing that gives it a bit of style.

and who ever built that wall needs there arses kicked, its all ower the place[/QUOTE]

I like it for the same reason, a bit understated. It's part of Decathlon's BTWIN range. Agree the wall's all over the place. The field behind is tiny, is it something like a lambing enclosure?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I had my first ride on the PX Pro Carbon of the year. Boy that bike is twitchy. I don't think that it was twitchy last year but it is this year. Maybe it's having a sulk after being locked to the wall over the winter. The Spesh BG Riva saddle is bloody uncomfortable too. I really prefer the Selle Italia that's on Eric the CX. I'll swap them over later.

I rode out along Bluebell and then along to the A11/A47 Junction and out on the Norwich Road to Hethersett. Just after the start of the cycle path, I saw a young man who seemed to be struggling with his bike. I asked if he needed a hand and he looked so grateful. I couldn't really help much. It looked like his front derailleur have moved a lot and his chain looked to be in a figure of 8. I'm sure that it wasn't but the chain was so wedged and knotted that I couldn't free it with the limited tools that I had on me. He only had a mile or 2 to go back to his destination. It needed more sorting that I could do in situ.

Off I went again. I took the wrong turn at Hethersett and instead of just doing a little way in and out of the village to avoid the main road, I found myself up a cul-de-sac, walking across a playing field and then back on the cycle path to where I wanted to be in the first place oops. From there I followed the main road towards Wymondham but turned off to Ketteringham and carried on to East Carleton - where Colin Chapman used to live - and then round and down to Intwood and into Cringleford, bringing me out at the crossing of the A11 and the Norwich side of the A11/47 junction.

With a feeling of deja vu I retraced my tyre tracks for 100 yards but turned off to the hospital and rode along Colney Lane, down past the hospital and past where I normally wait for Hubster and on to the UEA entrance and on the cyclepath through the park. Chancellor Road hill was a little more interesting on the Pro Carbon with it's slightly different gearing. I'm fitter than normal at this time of year so it wasn't a huge challenge.

Home via the cycle paths near where we live. 16.77 miles in an hour and 21 mins. The Garmin only said 16.45 but it took 1/3 mile for it to find some satellites so I added it on. I averaged just a smidge over 12mph. I wasn't feeling wildly confident tonight, it felt like riding a new bike and I had all sorts of problems clipping in with road cleats rather than my SPDs on the CX. It's a nice route then. If I use it to meet Hubster from the hospital, it'll be a nice wee 12 miler for me.

thetribe

Über Member
Yet again I worked my day off, but this time I really regretted it after wandering around all day in the sunshine and very little wind. As my delivery partner said "Would have been a bloody good day for you on your bike today, no wind, sunshine and not too hot or too cold..."

Got a few miles in after work when I met my wife from her work and cycled most of the way home with her, leaving her to head home while I added 10miles or so.

http://www.strava.com/activities/277983258

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
After visiting my mum this morning before she's away for Easter with my sister, the blue sky beckoned.
Common sense somehow prevailed over wish full fillment, as it was my first ride since being taken out by a car on my commute home last Friday and I only got my wheels back from being straightened on Tuesday. So settled on a 26 mile circular route, with relatively direct access to home, just in case my bruised hip objected. (Wish was a metric century).
Winwick, Burtonwood, Warrington, before out to Risley, Culcheth and Lowton and home.
Uneventful and nothing photogenic, but first ride of the year without gloves and leggings and there have been some bloody cold ones this year, so :thumbsup: and one happy bunny.
Provided no adverse reaction tomorrow, the Saturday morning goddess will be beckoning her finger..........

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The 2nd one, total guess, Winnats

Sadly it's only gonna be a half

Katherine

Guru
A lovely ride in the sunshine today. 23 miles to Heaton Park again, via Kearsley, Whitefield, Prestwich, Agecroft, Pendlebury and Swinton. I did a different loop around the park this time and found some new paths to explore. Lots of PB's again but I suppose that won't last after I've repeated my routes a few more times. I'm trying not to take the Strava stuff too seriously but was intrigued to see I had some trophies for some segments in the park. I clicked on one for 9th overall to find that I was the 9th gal to do it! Lol! The park was full of dog walkers, joggers etc (schools broke up this afternoon, which is why I went today), so not really the place to sprint around. Someone's even made a segment for a sprint up to the temple which took me 22 seconds! I'll have to try harder next time!

The highest point in Manchester apparently.

IMG_20150402_113548120.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Isn't that the grandest entrance to a boating lake ever! It was the colonnade to the old town hall which was demolished and moved here in 1912, when the lake was dug.

contadino

Veteran
Having spent the morning with a scythe cutting hay and the afternoon chopping firewood, under normal circumstances I would've driven out to dinner with some friends last night. However it's April so I'm doing this 30 Days of Biking thing and decided to cycle the 5km into town to the restaurant.

I'm not really a night rider. In fact I've never before used the lights I have. They're only cheap ones I keep in a drawer for times like this. Back light awesome. Front light? Well all I'll say is that I was lucky there was a fairly bright moon.

And it's fortunate that the ride home was downhill, because after a 6 course dinner and much more wine than I would have had if I'd been driving, any uphill stretches would have posed a real challenge.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
@nickyboy .......the second one, I NEED to know, it's driving me mad! :wacko:Is it coming out of Chapel on the back road that goes to Doveholes/Peakdale?

Close but no cigar (or half of beer for that matter). Good spot that it is Chapel en le Frith in the background. The one you're thinking of is Long Lane that connects Chapel and Doveholes. This is Peaslows which connects Chapel and Sparrowpit. It was really hard, even harder than Chunal
https://www.strava.com/segments/745075

Top Bottom