Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I wound up doing 10 miles to the grocery store, going by a very circuitous route. I knew I'd have full panniers on the way back, so I put a few extra miles in the going. The Fuji handled about 25 pounds of groceries well, hardly knew it was there, from the way the bicycle felt. I saw some geese, part of a flock, landing in a newly cut corn field, and Mr. Crow decided to have a look as well.
CrowandGeese_zpsc178f27c.jpg

brand

After a day out in the park with my Granddaughter, I got the chance to pop out for an evening ride to pick some elderberries to make a couple of gallons of wine..No great distance involved, but as it was such a lovely evening, I decided to add a few miles on before I got to the byway I was aiming for.

Apart from a couple of stings, I was OK. Plenty of elderberries and blackberries on both sides of the track. Why don't more people go out and get some free stuff...?? There's loads of it just hanging there waiting to be picked! :unsure:
Oh well..... more for me ^_^

As it is getting darker a bit earlier now, I had taken my lights as I was going to be back on the roads for a few miles of my ride home.

View attachment 54837

That'll do for a few gallons! They're already bubbling away in a big pan..

A nice leisurely 15 mile ride on the hardtail. No wind, no rain and no idiots... :smile:

http://www.strava.com/activities/188037442

:smile:
35 litres on the go elderberry. 20 kilos of Sloes in the freezer, eventually found 3 trees with tons on. No cider though devastating as I am going to see mother in Manchester so I may never make any.

djb1971

Legendary Member
Wow, very cool shot of that area. We live the other side of Hanley so tend to go out towards Leek rather than Keele.

I head out to Leek and Buxton lots on the road bike, I head through Congleton. It's a bit too far to ride the mtb on roads and then do an off road route without overnighting. I almost always head out to Wales than negotiate Hanley and the traffic. I can be in Whitchurch by the time I've passed Hanley or Meir etc.

Last edited:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Another from yesterday.

The mist in the distance was my ride through Hanchurch. Just climbed up to Acton, now heading for Keele Woods then home.

15121356507_56e2d4bde6_z.jpg

Ahhhh! Went to Uni at Keele a very very long time ago. Still remember it fondly!

suzeworld

Veteran
I head out to Leek and Buxton lots on the road bike, I head through Congleton. It's a bit too far to ride the mtb on roads and then do an off road route without overnighting. I almost always head out to Wales than negotiate Hanley and the traffic. I can be in Whitchurch by the time I've passed Hanley or Meir etc.

Yeah, no doubt the same reason we don't come yr way! It's rural all the way from our house if we go Leek / Ashbourne way.

djb1971

Legendary Member
now you have me curious - my grandfather lives over in the westlands... and my mother used to live in Keele before moving to Madeley Heath....
About 2-3 miles west of the Westlands^_^
I can see the top of Keele bank from my house, it's about 1mile away:thumbsup:

People who know the area will know my hill climb, every single ride out and in includes Alsagers Bank and Black Bank. I should be like a whippet riding those very day, unfortunately, I'm not:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom