Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Managed another metric century today, not sure I have ever done back to backs like that. Mild but prety windy, and stayed dry. No punctures either, and a wee coffee stop in Ciscos over in Stirling where I had a chat with an old Italian feller who told me of his amateur racing days in the 50's on his Campag, which he still has.
clachan cycle.jpg

Took my new cycle rollers home today (they were delivered to the office), still haven't used them I extended my commute instead, nothing to energetic as I was in my work shirt & trousers. Might try the rollers later but I'm watching the footie ;)

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Just a quick run around the lanes on my Acton Burnell route today, which was nice as I haven't been on the bike for over a week. It was a late afternoon trip so the lights were really needed before the end.

After passing Longnor I spotted a fellow cyclist in the distance and decided to give chase.:hyper: I gained on the uphill sections but he was quicker on the descents. I managed to just keep up until nearly at Cantlop before running out of puff, at which point I noticed with dread a hawthorn twig stuck to the front wheel.:eek:

I like my TourRides on the knockabout bike. The thorn was well embedded but hadn't penetrated the puncture resistant layer.:thumbsup:

18.65 miles today at an average 12.7mph.

DSC00669.JPG

The sunset is just illuminating The Lawley under a moody sky. (Taken from Great Ryton).

DSC00672.JPG

The lanes haven't improved at all since I last rode this way. There is a tarmac road under all this lot!:wacko:

Just a quick run around the lanes on my Acton Burnell route today, which was nice as I haven't been on the bike for over a week. It was a late afternoon trip so the lights were really needed before the end.

After passing Longnor I spotted a fellow cyclist in the distance and decided to give chase.:hyper: I gained on the uphill sections but he was quicker on the descents. I managed to just keep up until nearly at Cantlop before running out of puff, at which point I noticed with dread a hawthorn twig stuck to the front wheel.:eek:

I like my TourRides on the knockabout bike. The thorn was well embedded but hadn't penetrated the puncture resistant layer.:thumbsup:

18.65 miles today at an average 12.7mph.

View attachment 14851
The sunset is just illuminating The Lawley under a moody sky. (Taken from Great Ryton).

View attachment 14852
The lanes haven't improved at all since I last rode this way. There is a tarmac road under all this lot!:wacko:

Shocking state of a road that, leaving excessive mud and debris is an offense under some law or other, an effort must be made to clean it up or the vehicle before using the road.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Shocking state of a road that, leaving excessive mud and debris is an offense under some law or other, an effort must be made to clean it up or the vehicle before using the road.
Yeah, I know but quite a few of the roads locally are like this at the moment.

This one is particularly bad as it is also prone to flooding which leaves even more mud across it.

Get In The Van

jumped on the train to edinburgh and cycled the 64 miles back along the canal to glasgow and then on home to paisley

Is this do able on a road bike or better with a hybrid/mtb with slightly wider tyres?

U

User6179

Is this do able on a road bike or better with a hybrid/mtb with slightly wider tyres?

Depends on your weight, at 15stone 28s were ok for me , so you might get away with 25s if your a lightweight, 23s would be pushing it.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
40 miles...lovely...cold..bit windy....then as soon as i get back to the coast the morons in cars are still there behaving like murderous children as usual....cant they just go away!!!!!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Oh Lordy Lord! 1st ride today since the 28th October and I thought that I was going to die! Obviously I didn't die but it was a close run thing.
1st ride on the roadie since I got the Spesh MTB, I thought that I had better practice riding it as I had that off road event on the 28th Oct which I did (Got soaked, covered in mud, had a blast) and riding just hasn't happened since. Real reason for non-riding days is that I have hurt my back and we needed to decorate the living room before the woodburner went in, then it rained and so on and so forth.
Today, home from work 3pm ish, grabbed my gear and got on my Giant Defy - Wow, its really really light isn't it. I hadn't realised how light and lovely it is to get out of the bike box and out of the shed and round to the front of home and to get on. I didn't go far, just 8.8 miles from Barford, up the Watton Road then up the Barnham Broom Road to Wymondham and then back via Melton Road, Pockthorpe Road and back up Watton Road. It took bloomin' forever - nearly 41 minutes and I am absolutely cream crackered.
Same again tomorrow (or Saturday if tomorrow's predicted deluge comes to pass).

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Tenth (and final) consecutive day of commuting totalling around 230 miles. Thankfully the weather is looking bad for tomorrow and I'm away on Sunday so it looks like my legs will get some much needed rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom