1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your second sport?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Melvil, 28 Aug 2007.

?
  1. Football

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Rugby

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Tennis / Badminton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Golf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Skiing / Snowboarding

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Aquatic (diving, swimming, surfing etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Motorsport

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

What is the sport you peeps like watching or playing (after cycling of course?)

2. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Orienteering for me, in fact in the autumn and winter it's probably the thing I enjoy doing the most.

I was a champion you know...........[drifts off into a hazy reminiscence]

3. gkerr4

gkerr4 New Member

I'll pretty much watch anything except cricket, although I am not a great football fan either. I like watching motorsport and in particular MotoGP as I am a motorcyclist too.

playing, well I used to play a lot of golf and I like to swim but thats about it at the moment.

4. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

Could do with a couple of chances to add a vote there!! I play badminton and football regulalry - like weekly. And ski every year, sail more rarely, etc etc!!

What do the 2 (of the 4 so far) voters on "other" do???

5. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Cross country running. I love it. Tried fell running when I was younger but we don't have enough hills for it here.

6. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Playing sport ALWAYS beats watching sport IMO. Football, and in my less wobbly days badminton, squash and table tennis, y'know, real man's sports.

Maggot I would have been a regional schools champion orienteer had I not lost a trainer in a bog.

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I also like watching many sports with MotoGP high on the list but after cycling for me it's Rugby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Can not see the attraction of watching Motor Sport on TV be it 2 wheels or 4.

When not cycling follow Liverpool but struggle to watch other teams as a neutral or to get excited about Internationals saps players strength or injures them.

9. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

WHY ISN'T SQUASH IN THE POLL?!
    I would say it's my first sport, as I don't 'play' cycling as a sport, I just do it for recreational purposes, non-competitively.

10. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

I play hockey - started at school aged 7 and joined a club at 12 where I play for the 1st team (we're challenging for promotion to National League again this year).
    I get really competitive and I have to admit that when we did the double of winning the league and BUSA in my 4th and final season I broke down on the pitch at the end. ;)

11. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Well just vote for Tennis / Badminton - racquet sports, they're all the same, yeah? ;)

12. I like watching F1, although sometimes it's more like a business than a sport. Football bores the arse off me and I've never really seen cycling as a sport - it's always been a mode of transport as far as I'm concerned.

13. Big Bren

Big Bren New Member

After cycling, I do Tae Kwon-Do classes twice a week - that was my vote for 'other'.

Bren

14. starseven

starseven Guest

I participate at cycling, running, tennis. Scuba and swimming when on hols.
    I say participate because I have no particular prowess at any of them.

Hill walking because I just cant help it , when I see a hill/mountain I just want to walk up it!! Dont think thats a sport though.

I used to watch football and F1 but find them both incredibly boring now.

15. magnatom

magnatom Guest

My main sport before cycling;) is judo, which I have done since I was 8 years old (26 years!!). I used to compete quite a lot but had to give that up due to a knee injury. I still train when I can and I help to coach at the local university, although at the moment family commitments are keeping my attendance to a minimum :sad: