Your top pressie...wot did you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
LewisKit Ox socks - tried them on a two hour ride today and my toes stayed warm for the first time in ages. Really comfortable too.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I got a Garmin Nuvi 250W Satnav from my folks (though I had to get it myself). I have spent today making a leather pouch for it and a car mount that doesn't look like a Satnav mount. It has been fun playing with it and setting in addresses of places I already know how to get to!

wafflycat

The *best* present for me was simply having a glorious day with husband & son, with them thoroughly enjoying the meal I cooked, and then afterwards, they did the washing up, and there was a lot of it!

But they did get me some lovely, thoughtful, more formal presents which I much appreciate and treasure.

Willow

wafflycat said:
The *best* present for me was simply having a glorious day with husband & son, with them thoroughly enjoying the meal I cooked, and then afterwards, they did the washing up, and there was a lot of it!

But they did get me some lovely, thoughtful, more formal presents which I much appreciate and treasure.

We too had a splendid time as a family all four of us, makes the whole seperation bizarre but was very important to me that the boys had a lovely time with both of us which they did. So grateful for that.

wafflycat

Rather like that t-shirt.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
gbb said:
Not cycling related, but a S.A.D lightbox ( or a happy lamp as a friend who has one calls it):biggrin:
I fkin hate the winters and the more i talk to people, it seems so many others do too.
So, SWMBO got me a lightbox. ...be good to see if it works over a short period.
I really benefit from using mine, and several other people I know swear by them too. Here's a few things to take into account:
  • If you are taking St. John's Wort for your S.A.D., be aware that it can cause severe photo-sensitivity in some people. Not a good thing to have when using a lightbox.
  • Don't wear sunglasses!!! It sounds daft, but some people think that the effect of the light is on the skin and wear sunglasses to spare their eyes. You need the light to enter you eyes so don't block it off!
  • The intensity of the light dies away rapidly with distance. You want to be as close as reasonably possible to the lightbox.
  • If you overdo the use of the lightbox, you will probably feel high as a kite and may develop headaches. I find an hour or so around 11 am does it for me. Some people suffer sleep disturbances if they use a lightbox late in the day.
  • Natural light is brighter than you think. Even a fairly overcast day may give enough light if you only make an effort to get out in it. A lunch break ride or stroll is a good habit to get into.
  • I feel the beneficial effects of my lightbox within about 4 or 5 days. Other people might need a couple of weeks.

As for my Christmas presents... Several nice ones, but the ones related to cycling were:

A very small lightweight digital camera. I'm starting a website/blog in the NY and intend to have a section detailing walks in the Hebden Bridge area, and rides all over Yorkshire, Lancashire and Derbyshire. I'm going to take lots of photos and my other camera is far too big to carry about on a regular basis. The new one is only about the size of a pack of playing cards.

A pair of windproof/waterproof cycling gloves and a pair of SPD cycling shoes. I've been spending a lot of time in the midlands keeping my mother company since my father died and I have a bike here so I can get some rides in during my visits. I've been carting shoes, helmet, cycle clothing etc. back and forth each time but I'm now gradually building up a full set of kit to leave here which means that I can travel light.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Got a few little things...

• After Shave (Paul Smith Extreme - my fave)
  • Get Saddle cover :ohmy:
  • Mini first aid kit (comprising a couple of plasters and some tweazers from what I can tell)
  • Some £££
  • Wash Bag with assorted tubes of stuff inside
  • THE most hideous watch I have ever seen from my Mom & Dad :biggrin::blush::biggrin:

Kovu

Über Member
beanzontoast said:
I got a little remote controlled helicopter - totally unexpected and huge fun. Never had anything like it before. May not last long as it's pretty tiny and lightweight, but while it lasts, a variety of missions will be flown around the house!

I got one of those too!!!! :biggrin: I love it, it makes me laugh and think everyone else has had fun with it.

My laptop though, means i can now go on the internet!

Will1985

Über Member
I got a helicopter too! Best present for me...simple yet provides lots of fun. I've mastered hovering and forwards/backwards but I keep crashing when trying to turn left or right!

Kovu

Über Member
Will1985 said:
I got a helicopter too! Best present for me...simple yet provides lots of fun. I've mastered hovering and forwards/backwards but I keep crashing when trying to turn left or right!

Seems a popular thing. Tried it outside yet?
I did. Ended up on roof and had to climb up and get it :biggrin:

Top Bottom