Your top pressie...wot did you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I only got one pressie, a small box of chocs. But that will do me very nicely:thumbsup:

hambones

Also got an iPod nano but find it impossible to use! it has taken 24 hours to charge (why no dedicated charger) - does not synch with anything - unable to just drag and drop music - comes complete with minimal instruction booklet! Great!

I thought it was all Plug 'n' Play these days! Grrrrr!

dodgy

I got a Park Tools PRS-15 workstand, it's an amazing bit of kit. I'd wanted one for a while and it's even better than I anticipated. I also got the bucket and kilt accessory for it and a nice Howies T-Shirt :angry:

Dave.

TVC

hambones said:
Also got an iPod nano but find it impossible to use! it has taken 24 hours to charge (why no dedicated charger) - does not synch with anything - unable to just drag and drop music - comes complete with minimal instruction booklet! Great!

I thought it was all Plug 'n' Play these days! Grrrrr!

Strange, Mrs Cs nano came ready charged and 24 hours seems a bit long - 4 max for our pods, you do need to download iTunes to run it though, they don't like any other music management software.

Kovu said:
Seems a popular thing. Tried it outside yet?
I did. Ended up on roof and had to climb up and get it :smile:

Not brave enough to go outside with it. I've decided to learn to fly it by hovering it 6 inches over the double bed. Treid this last night only for a pair of pointy ears and wide eyes to suddenly appear from under the top end of the duvet as the surprised looking cat woke up from where it had been snoozing! :angry:

ghitchen

One of these :angry::

rencompressor1.jpg

After using a £2.95 Lidl track pump this thing is a revelation, and unlike the Lidl models that have a 12 month lifespan this is something I will be able to hand down to the next generation.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The Velvet Curtain said:
Strange, Mrs Cs nano came ready charged and 24 hours seems a bit long - 4 max for our pods, you do need to download iTunes to run it though, they don't like any other music management software.

No problem with my Ipod either. I am used to them though. Problem was that i had the older version of itunes, so i downloaded the new one and reset the computer and left it for my dad to finish while i was on my bike. He then went wrong and didnt finish the download so i had to do it again.
Its being abit of a pain because i cant get past the save bit, but i just drag and drop my music into the ipod.
I put my ipod on charge(wall charger) went on my bike and an hour after i had put it on charge it was done.
To put the music in you just highlight the music and drag and dop onto the ipod on iTunes.
To sync you just go into the menu on iTunes and set it up to sync your playlist on iTunes.
The other thing i like about the new ipod is the way you shuffle it by shaking. Be good if you could set it up so you flicked it and the song changed. Other thin is when you tilt it on its side you have all the albums there to go through easy.
If you had an old ipod and you need to get some music off it, or just take all the music off then put it on your new one then pm me and i can tell you a way(its on a website and i cant find it at the moment but can remember, the way also means you dont have to download anything from the internet)

mikeitup

Veteran
re

I had my Ibanez Rg550 set up at the beginning of december but yesterday I had a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30watt amp,
Season 5 of the Shield,
a classic Jackie Chan (lo Wei movie from the 1970's) dvd "Snake & Crane Arts of Shaolin
and two dvds to keep me busy for the next 2 yrs or so: Speed Kills 1 & 2 by Michael Angelo Batio.

Blue

Legendary Member
Via a local charity, my wife donated funds in my name to enable the giving of a herd of goats to a farmer in Bangladesh. A great present as far as I was concerned as I have everything I want/need.

Priscilla Parsley

Lake Triathlon shoes vv excited to go clipless (bit scared too) and heart rate monitor for new regime are my bestest presents. dying to get home and have a go on Elvis's new turbo trainer that i got him as well.

Some fairly decent bike lights (old ones came free with a kids bike from Half***s - they were that good) and an axe to split logs.
Only way I am going to be able to afford a family holiday next year is to save some dosh so the axe will help me keep the home fires going on wood (free) instead of oil (expensive) which should go a fair way to the holiday cost. I can stop annoying my neighbour by borrowing his axe now.

Has a good day with family. Went Ice Skating (which was free) in the morning with the kids which was a great start to the day and offset the pigging out of the afternoon.

dudi

Just got back frommy second xmas day, this time with my side of the family.

Found out that i've got a great prezzie arriving in Jan some time... CycleChat bib shorts and jersey! wahey
also got some nice thermal cycling gloves, a multi-tool and a lovely wooden chequers set...

Top Bottom