Your Worst Date Stories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
What, you and Carlos?
The future Mrs JtB not Carlos. Luckily I never got to use the other Spanish expression I had up my sleeve which I thought translated to "Rodrigo is a dog with bad fleas". At the time I didn't know the word for "dog", but being clever I though I could work out the word for "female dog" (which was surely close enough) by reverse engineering the one and only other Spanish expression I knew ("son of a bitch"). Unfortunately several weeks later I embarrassed myself in a Spanish class by putting my hand up and answering a question with "Rodrigo is a whore with bad fleas", the teacher never asked me to answer a question again.

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Not a date as such, but my first serious girlfriend.
Went out for a while, split up, she moved away.
Twenty-odd years go by.
We met up in London, and I remembered why we got on so well, and why we split up.
She still likes good food, still likes a drink. And she's still gay.
I'm so good I turned a woman gay.
*weeps* :cry:

Drago

Legendary Member
The future Mrs JtB not Carlos. Luckily I never got to use the other Spanish expression I had up my sleeve which I thought translated to "Rodrigo is a dog with bad fleas". At the time I didn't know the word for "dog", but being clever I though I could work out the word for "female dog" (which was surely close enough) by reverse engineering the one and only other Spanish expression I knew ("son of a bitch"). Unfortunately several weeks later I embarrassed myself in a Spanish class by putting my hand up and answering a question with "Rodrigo is a whore with bad fleas", the teacher never asked me to answer a question again.

I once went out with a Welsh girl who taught me some useful Welsh phrases. Many years later I discovered these phrases were actually very rude versions of well know sayings, like "shut you f****** gob", and "go fornicate with yourself", that sort of thing.

I once bothered going out on a 'date' with a girl who was the best friend of the girl, who was on a date with my mate, I massively cannot be arsed with any of it, so I just kind of 'went with the flow'. About an hour into the 'date', the other one, with my mate, suddenly flew into a force 10 'mental', in reaction to something he said, which initiated the other one piling in to help out. Cue me having to pull 2 screeching harpys off of my mate, in a packed bar, risking life and limb in the process. I never did find out what he said to cause it. Anyone who says girls can't fight, needs to try it.:eek::laugh:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Think I posted this before.....

It would have been 1986 or 1987.

I brought a women home with me that I'd met in a nightclub, my wacky woman radar was twitching so nothing happened and I ordered a taxi for her. She was not happy about this, I was pleased she was gone.

Maybe a week or so later, I got call at work put though to me, it was the woman, she wanted to return the £5 taxi fare to me and for us to have a drink, I kept refusing and telling her to forget about it, but she was really persistent and with that, and needing to work, I agreed she could drop it off whenever. After putting the phone down I got worried, how the hell did she know my work number? This was pre-mobile phones and internet, she must have searched for my house and then taken the number from my works van that I had at the time, the wacky woman alarm bells were well ringing.

A few days later, early evening, there was knock at my door, stood there was a tall gorgeous looking blonde, wearing nothing but a short (very) stretch fit, black party dress and high heels. She entered and after a few pleasantries I accepted the £5, at this point, she walked past me, dropped down and started climbing the stairs on all fours, wiggling her bot as she climbed them, I quickly observed that she wasn't wearing any undies. Thus, started an internal wrangling between my brain and curiosity from below.

For once, common sense won out, my wacky women radar was now fully locked on, but what to do? I went upstairs and, as I suspected, not being that slow, she was already in my bed. I told her nothing was going to happen and I wanted her to leave, after having the same conversation several times............. she went bananas. She started hurling things at me, screaming abuse and generally going apeshit. I went downstairs, she followed me, things deteriorated and she started to get physically abusive, now it was frightening, she was out of control, talk about a woman scorned!

I pushed her into the dining room and pulled the door shut, I was in the hallway, I could hear her screaming and breaking things........................a window went through. I decided to call the police, but thought I'd give her a chance, I told what I was doing and told her she needed to leave right now. Things immediately went quiet. I opened the door a touch, nothing, a bit more, nothing, then just enough................ to enable the crackpot to bring a mug smashing down on my head. I pulled the door shut, it hurt, plus I was disappointed to note that it was my claret and amber 1985 Bradford City Division 3 Champions mug.

With one hand holding the door shut as she embarked on another session of screaming ab dabs, I used my other hand to reach for the phone which, fortunately was on my bookshelf in the hallway. The police arrived about 10 mins later, a PC and a WPC, the PC entered the dining room and the WPC wanted me to sit on the stairs and give a statement, she asked the woman's name, I had no idea what her name was, if she had told me I had now forgotten, suddenly all hell broke loose, we could hear the PC now screaming abuse at the woman, WTF!

The WPC came out and asked how I knew the woman and I told her the story, the screaming and abuse now turning up another notch in the dining room, the WPC said "She's his wife".

Winner. We may now close the thread !

Top Bottom