Your worst injury !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fifteen years ago, sprinting for a light in New York city, yellow cab pulled pulled away from the kerb and I had nowhere to go. My automatic reaction was to slam both bakes on which sent me flying, flat, superman, into the junction at about 25mph. I landed on my face. I abraided my forehead, nose, top lip(!), the inside of my bottom lip and my lower gums, my chin, shoulders, shoulderblades, ribs, hip bones, knees and the toes of my Sidis, the outside of my elbows and my knuckles. My sunglasses disappeared but left an imprint where they were clipped on to my teeshirt. There was nowt wrong with my bike apart from the saddle rails which were bent to feck.

I woke up in an ambulance with a paramedic asking me if I knew my name, no. My address? No. My phone number? No!

Well, you're English.

Thanks! That really helps!

It took me several months to remember what happened imediately prior to the 'accident'. I got tangible brain damage. The most obvious change is that cant remember phone numbers but Ive had to compensate for the change in my brains abilities.

My helmet was on my handlebars. And no, I dont wear a helmet now, I have stopped falling off my bike.

Tetedelacourse said:
I rubbed my eyes whilst cutting up a chilli once. That was my worst pain ever experienced, even though it's comical and non-serious!

Maggot, OMG!

Possibly too much detail here, but I remember being in my girlfriend's Bad Books after getting, er, intimate with her after chopping chillis.xx(

Top Bottom