Your Worst Music Concert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markemark

Über Member
Talking of too loud, you can't beat the Abba Voyage concert. I was a 2 miles away eating Peri-Peri chicken and it was still too loud. That's right.........you can hear the drums from Nandos.

Domus

Guru
The Who at Belle Vue Manchester. Quadraphenia. Our seats were very near the back. All we could hear were the rear speakers. I suspect the guys on the sound desk had a fantastic experience.

richardfm

Veteran
Bellowhead in the St David's centre in Cardiff.

They seemed to be playing to impress each other rather than to entertain the audience.

Do you mean the recent reunion one or the farewell one a few years ago?I thought the latter was a great gig but Jon Boden does fancy himself as a pop star.

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Prince and the New Power Generation, Earls Court, 1993. I was expecting guitar wizardry and instead some funk rubbish which was really not my thing back then (or now)

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The Who at Belle Vue Manchester. Quadraphenia. Our seats were very near the back. All we could hear were the rear speakers. I suspect the guys on the sound desk had a fantastic experience.

I saw them at Reading in 1972. Keith Moon flicking drum-sticks at some poor technician off-stage.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'd forgotten one really bad one. The Thompson Twins in Portsmouth, sometime in the 80s. I'd been invited by family.
They were slick, professional, competent. Everything was good except the (alleged) music. Pointless cacophony. Seldom have I seen or heard something so utterly pointlessly awful performed so well.

Top Bottom