Youth scarers - a new one on me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
There's an argument (isn't there always?) in hi-fi circles that an expensive system is wasted on an older person because that person cannot hear the frequency range the system reproduces.

Older people can still appreciate a better signal to noise ratio, higher quality DACs, better filters etc. That modern "music"is all noise anyway!

Julia9054

Guru
Bit of a craze a few years ago to have a mosquito app on your phone. The kids used to activate it in class which wound all the other kids up. The teacher couldn't hear it, let alone identify who was doing it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There's an argument (isn't there always?) in hi-fi circles that an expensive system is wasted on an older person because that person cannot hear the frequency range the system reproduces.
I've just watched a video where that was discussed. Most people aren't even listening to CDs any more but are streaming (often low bit-rate) MP3 files so it would be ridiculous for them to spend huge sums of money on expensive kit.

I know people (who should know better!) who have spent hundreds of pounds on just the cables for their hi-fi systems, completely ignoring the fact that the music signals they are listening to probably passed through tens of metres of cheapo cables in recording, radio or TV studios on the way to them!

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Bit of a craze a few years ago to have a mosquito app on your phone. The kids used to activate it in class which wound all the other kids up. The teacher couldn't hear it, let alone identify who was doing it.

Creative mischief making.

Reminds of my mate - who is old enough to know better - who had a universal TV remote on his watch.

Much fun to be had turning the footie off in a packed pub.

Instead of youth scarers, can we please just have a device that instantly vaporises anyone who uses the phrase 'my/ the Missus'

No, my missus has an irrational dislikeof pompous old farts and say no

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I've just watched a video where that was discussed. Most people aren't even listening to CDs any more but are streaming (often low bit-rate) MP3 files so it would be ridiculous for them to spend huge sums of money on expensive kit.

I know people (who should know better!) who have spent hundreds of pounds on just the cables for their hi-fi systems, completely ignoring the fact that the music signals they are listening to probably passed through tens of metres of cheapo cables in recording, radio or TV studios on the way to them!
Suppose their intention is to preserve as much of the signal as possible rather than degrading it further, but feel free to ridicule your acquaintances if they take that concept too far.

Or try some exploitation : Flog them some premium HDMI cables and other digital interconnects to ensure those 0s and 1s are in fine shape.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5031503, member: 45"]Click anywhere in the space below and if your ears are any good you'll hear the mosquito sound...

Yeah?[/QUOTE]
I've the volume down low!

Top Bottom