Youth scarers - a new one on me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Eh? What?
You're clearly not familiar with mumsnet.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Crap. I see examples of misogyny on the website, often 'in jest' and I wonder why people type such 'shoot'.
But I have to admit to using the SWMBO moniker regularly.

Happy to stop using it. I'd prefer not to be part of a problem.
SWMBO has a different feeling as to its context. Not derogatory and slightly leg pulling. Keep using it

The missus, er indoors, the wife....all crap and from a different era. Don't use

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You can buy a device that plugs into an electrical socket in your home. It's used to deter vermin from entering and staying in your house and setting up home. I have one as i live in the middle of nowhere and there are lots of mice, shews, and any number of other furry animals that would love to make my house their home. It oscillates at different frequencies so that the wildlife don't get used to one frequency. We don't have any vermin, or any signs of vermin in the house. We do have to turn it off when my grandchildren and my son are here, and anyone else below a certain age, as they can hear it.

Neither Mr WD or I can hear it.

Gary E

Veteran
I had an app on my phone that made the same noise. It was great at getting the kids attention :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've just watched a video where that was discussed. Most people aren't even listening to CDs any more but are streaming (often low bit-rate) MP3 files so it would be ridiculous for them to spend huge sums of money on expensive kit.

I know people (who should know better!) who have spent hundreds of pounds on just the cables for their hi-fi systems, completely ignoring the fact that the music signals they are listening to probably passed through tens of metres of cheapo cables in recording, radio or TV studios on the way to them!
With audio cables there is a point at which the cable is 'good enough', this is when the connectors are well made, the wire is of a high enough quality and the insulation/shielding is adequate. Beyond that you're chasing very small improvements at very high cost.

Oh and BTW 'Phono' connectors are pants (Multiple Earth Paths) for quality connections 'Din' sockets/leads are far better.

classic33

Leg End Member
You can buy a device that plugs into an electrical socket in your home. It's used to deter vermin from entering and staying in your house and setting up home. I have one as i live in the middle of nowhere and there are lots of mice, shews, and any number of other furry animals that would love to make my house their home. It oscillates at different frequencies so that the wildlife don't get used to one frequency. We don't have any vermin, or any signs of vermin in the house. We do have to turn it off when my grandchildren and my son are here, and anyone else below a certain age, as they can hear it.

Neither Mr WD or I can hear it.
Took two back because I found them annoying.

D

Deleted member 26715

Try putting yourself in the position of being one of the small number number of women who participate in this forum. Do you think that a continuous drip feed of low level mysogeny makes it a fun and friendly place for them?
If you think that will upset them I think you are insulting them & more misogynistic than I am (if I am at all), however this is now way way off topic

Top Bottom