Yummy Coffee..........with frothy milk :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ugh frothy milk...wet latte all the way for me as @jefmcg is well aware :biggrin:

Waitrose 'free' latte a bit frothy for me but I don't feel I can complain :whistle;

I just microwave the milk for a home based tassimo latte

I only buy the pods when on special and still cheaper and less time consuming than going out

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
There's a reason why Tassimo are heavily discounted: they use a barcode reader to stop other people being able to sell pods for them, so you're limited to the expensive ones approved by Douwe Egberts; no refillable pods are available; and the pod recycling scheme is a sham with few pick-up locations in many areas and those that do exist tend to be in bizarre locations off the beaten track, such as apparently-random residential driveways.
Fully agree with those sentiments.
However, I weighed up how much coffee I drink against the 50% discounted price and it was (hopefully) right for me.
I know its a 'real' discount as they are still £120 in Tesco & Currys etc.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ugh frothy milk...wet latte all the way for me as @jefmcg is well aware :biggrin:

Waitrose 'free' latte a bit frothy for me but I don't feel I can complain :whistle;

I just microwave the milk for a home based tassimo latte

I only buy the pods when on special and still cheaper and less time consuming than going out
Early days for me. I tried it frothy and really enjoyed it. Had a sip of it black and that was also nice.
The coffee was quite hot so tomorrow I may try it without frothing the milk.
As you say, far far cheaper than going to a coffee house..........maybe not AS good but very nice.

vickster

Legendary Member
Tea pods? Now that I don't get!

dodgy

we've had Nespresso machines, I rate them highly, quality of the coffee is good and it's just no fuss. We even used to take ours on holiday with us :smile:

Eventually got tired of buying capsules for it so we bought a De'Longhi bean to cup machine, we used to spend about £30 a month of nespresso capsules, now we just buy maybe 2 bags of coffee a month, it's a lot cheaper but just a little more effort. Worth it.

Top Bottom